Are you an international iPad owner?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by silverblack, Apr 16, 2010.

?

International iPad owners, where are you located?

1. Canada

31 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. UK

64 vote(s)
    35.4%
  3. Europe (outside UK)

35 vote(s)
    19.3%
  4. Asia

26 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. Others

25 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Just want to see how many people outside the USA managed to grab an iPad before the official Apple release? Tell us where you are located, and what method did you use to obtain the iPad.

(Edit) For me, Canada, and I got it from a guy who drove to Michigan Apple store from Ontario, paid Cdn $680 for 16 GB.

2. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

UK, and it's on it's way NOT !!!!

...due the the Volcanic ash from Iceland, all flights and air space closed, with the odd exception.

Hopefully normal resumption Saturday 7am BST, unless they decide restrictions should be extended.

I would have had mine by next Tuesday 20th the latest, but with 3 days of delays for Fedex and Airlines to catch up with, it ain't gonna happen.

/i'll get it eventually!

3. nasa25 macrumors 65816

Launch day - Toronto to Buffalo. Left my house at 630am. By 10am I had my new iPad in hand.

4. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Got a launch day ipad sent to me from Florida to Winnipeg (Canada)..
    With the recently announced delay, I'm so glad I didn't decide to wait for it to appear in Canadian Apple stores!

5. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

UK Here. 16GB Wi-Fi. Arrived at my door April 7th. :cool:

R-Fly

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Delivered to me in Ireland on April 7th. Guy on eBay that had pre-ordered.

7. iWoz macrumors 6502a

iWoz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

UK here.. iPad 64gb + apple ipad case £620 get it on the 29th

8. caubeck macrumors 6502

Fedexed to me today from California. Will it reach Spain early next week? I called Fedex and was told the delays are mainly in Northern Europe, but we'll have to see.

9. vstephenson macrumors member

UK here

Bought a 32GB from a UK online retailer and it arrived a couple of days ago

And I love it to death!

just need a decent case for it but the other good news is that my Tumi Alpha "man bag" makes a perfect iPad bag, fits like a glove

I also got a 3G mifi personal hotspot thing so I wouldn't be needing to wait until the 3G model...

Stopped using my MacBook Air quite so much now!

Cheers
    Vin

10. Ramiarna macrumors newbie

UAE, Dubai here.

Bought a 32gb iPad on the 10th of April. Got it for around $800. Yeh, I know I am a gadget whore.:p

The first problems is that I cant access the app store on my iPad. Got to download apps from tune first and then sync. The second is that it doesn't have an Arabic keyboard. Hope those problems will get solved once the iPad goes international on late May.

Oh, and I can't find any accessories here. I had to order a hard candy case all the way from US.

11. LordEntropy macrumors regular

UK here. Bought on the 5th avenue store on April 4th. Arrived in NYC on April 3rd but was led to believe that they were all sold out. Read on some website on my iPhone that they still had some so went up there on the Sunday. Been very happy ever since :)

12. diotav macrumors 6502

FedEx from Miami to Almere, The Netherlands. Bought the 64GB from a popular seller called Evan.

Apple did it again, love it!

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Ireland here.

We don't even have a date yet and I'm very impatient.

Will tide myself over with a 64GB wifi, and then when they release 3G models here (July probably) I'll buy a 64GB Wifi + 3G here, and sell my Wifi only model to a relative ;)

14. vdpoorten macrumors newbie

Netherlands here,

UPS, 32 GB. Boughed it from an dutch company (Fromus2eu) in the states and very happy with it.

Just figuring out if its possible to upload photo's on the ipad through the web, to my facebook page.

If anyone knows how, please tell me.

Cheers

15. McMack macrumors member

Delighted UK iPad owner here, it was a semi-impulse purchase in the middle of last week when I just couldn't stand it any more.

Got mine from eBay (UK), from a seller who had a few iPads already in the UK, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. If I was one of the people who'd ordered from the US and was now waiting for a volcanic cloud of doom to clear before I could get my iPad, I'd be going mental right now.

16. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

Japan here. I am military so i just ordered it and had it sent to a military shipping company called apobox.com and had mine by the 11th

17. kwillers macrumors newbie

UK Here

Got mine on Tuesday
    Guy at meeting was using one. We got talking obviously !!
    Then he told me he'd brought 4 back from the US for friends but one of them now wanted to wait for the 3G model.

15 minutes later I was the proud owner of a "surplus" iPad 64G

Soooooo Cool - Mac Book Pro and iMac are getting dusty now :D

18. eriku macrumors newbie

Mexico !!!!

° Did I grab an iPad before the official Apple release? YES!!!
    ° Tell us where you are located: MEXICO CITY!!!
    ° What method did I use to obtain the "precious" iPad: I crack somebody else's head! lol -- A co-worker friend flew to St Francisco the Official US release day, and also got the Apple Case, amazing stuff.

Mexico City ° 64GB ° Apple Case ° Paid US price ° Love ittttttttttttttttt !!!

eriku

19. arcsbite Guest

UK and I have to be honest, I laughed a little when they delayed the UK release...honestly, who didn't see that coming?

32gb WiFi (Have MiWi on my jb 3gs so no need for 3g)

Ordered via ebay, arrived last week

Still waiting for BSE to deliver all over shield and I have just about given up finding a nice case (and I leave for Thailand soon so reallyyyy need one)

20. cleung macrumors regular

Hong Kong.

Just landed after business trip in Seattle where I got a 64GB at the Apple Store there.

21. Maldini macrumors regular

Maldini

Saudi Arabia here !

bought mine from Amazon.com, a little overpriced but much cheaper than the Apple stores here in Saudi.

And ipad apps are available in the Saudi App store, though its not officially released here, is it the same with other app stores other than the US?!

22. sactownbwoy macrumors regular

Living in Japan. Ordered directly from Apple, but I'm military so I didn't have to do anything fancy except use apobox.com because Apple doesn't ship to FPO/APO

23. MrMorden macrumors member

MrMorden

Guatemala here. Ordered vía Apple.com, and got it sent to my US address PO Box.

24. arcware macrumors newbie

I thought you needed a US billing address.

25. EPAPRESS macrumors newbie

A very, very satisfied iPad user from Germany!

Hello from Freiburg, Germany!

I have bought my iPad 16 GB WLAN over eBay USA from a guy in Louisville, Kenntucky.
    He sent it via USPS express mail to me...

I have tested it now over 14 or 15 hours and I must say:

APPLE, I am very, very satisfied!

WLAN works very good, Safari also, no dead pixels seen, a fine, nice and handy machine, worth every cent I have paid for, and I have now over 150 free iPad and iPhone apps uploaded, also some music and podcasts. 10 GB free at the moment.

And my special tip: BIG BUCK BUNNY HD (!) That HD video runs smoother on the iPad as on my laptop or PC! The iPad has a very clear and bright picture, thanks to the LED background light.

Have much fun with your iPads!

[​IMG]
    Manfred