Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't know about you guys and gals, but I have to clean my MB at least once a week. I like making sure that it stays "new" looking for as long as possible ;)

I suggest cleaning your MacBook with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; it works like a charm. My MB looks brand new every time :D

Prof. :apple:

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Life's too short for that kind of nonsense.
I'll clean my Macs when they need it.

thebassoonist

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Davis, CA
I don't know about you guys and gals, but I have to clean my MB at least once a week. I like making sure that it stays "new" looking for as long as possible ;)

I suggest cleaning your MacBook with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser; it works like a charm. My MB looks brand new every time :D

Prof. :apple:

I am so anal about my MBP. I keep it in the sleeve it came with in my computer bag. I am getting a Speck See Thru sometime soon (via Amazon) so I will stop doing that, but yeah, it's my baby! I don't want it to get hurt!

John Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
Columbia, MD
I used to be that anal about my Powerbook 12". But now my poor baby is on its last legs, and will have to be replaced soon, so I let it get really dirty before I clean it.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
One time, one of my Macs got a little bit dirty just to piss me off.

He was quickly sold to a Sri Lankan family that cooked really strong foods. Two months in that environment, and that little b**** got stained up good. Hah!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I clean mine every so often, but I just generally take good care of all my electronics. I sold my iPod Mini for a mint because it looked as if it had never been used.
My girlfriend hates that part of me. saying "these things are meant to be used!" but with resale values as high as Apples it's good to be nice to them :D

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Once every six months I take it to bits and clean every part of it meticulously.

Other than that, no.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I am so anal about my MBP. I keep it in the sleeve it came with in my computer bag. I am getting a Speck See Thru sometime soon (via Amazon) so I will stop doing that, but yeah, it's my baby! I don't want it to get hurt!

Yuck, the Speck See Thru is horrible ugly. Why muck up the looks of the MPB with some cheap clear plastic.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Probably every couple of months or so, I try to clean my MBP really well...get the palm prints/dirt off of it, make the screen really clean, etc. That's it.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Yep- my 3.5 year-old iBook looks like it just came out of the box. Well, other than a small crack on the corner by the hard drive. ;) I use iKlear and Radtech Ice Creme. I also have an Incase sleeve. I know- dork. :)

maccompaq

macrumors 65816
Mar 6, 2007
I have 2 Windows laptops and one Mac laptop, and I never clean them, because I do not get them dirty.

tzuckersim

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2007
haha..its nice to know i'm not the only one who goes to great lengths to keep my macbook cclean. i can't stand ANY dust on the screen, EVER! :p

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
incredibly - to the point nobody touches them but me :eek:

my iphone, mbp and imac are all mine, all mine! :D

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I just get another one when it's not looking so good. This applies to pretty much every notebook I have.

Although it has to be said that since I use many, each of my machines gets comparatively little 'hand time' and as a result they're in usually pretty good condition when they're past usefulness for me. This is usually much appreciated by whoever I give the machine to.

simon-says

macrumors regular
May 24, 2005
Louisiana
My Powerbook has paint peeling on the inside, the little area below the keyboard. Two scratches on the outside of the case. So no.

It's been with me from east coast to west coast. Travels with me almost daily.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Yea I'm pretty anal with my iMac. I usually clean it once a week with a paper towel and Windex and before I go to sleep I make sure the keyboard and mouse and everything is straight and what not....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.