Are you enjoying your iP4 more than your 3G/S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HardDemon, Aug 2, 2010.

1. HardDemon macrumors newbie

I am loving the iP4s resolution! It looks so much better! Not only that but its battery life is truely amazing.

What are your thoughts?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I'm enjoying my 3GS more because the 4's antenna sucked for me.

3. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

I'm definitely enjoying my iPhone 4 more than my 3GS. The new screen, better camera, HD video, and new design are in my eyes worth every penny spent to upgrade :)

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

+1

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Pretty much everything on my i4 is tons better than it was on my 3G. I love it.

The one exception is the reception. It's not great but it's pretty much the exact same as I was used to on my 3G.

So, big improvements in many, many, many areas and simply "the same" in one area.

I'll take that any day.

6. orangecrushv macrumors regular

Yes, definitely -- so much faster than my old 3G. It's hard to watch my wife on her 3G. I keep trying to convince her to give up on waiting for the white version and join the fun... ;)

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I like my iPhone 4 just as much as I do my new 8GB 3GS and my new 32GB 3GS. The 3GS phones I bought a few weeks ago.

I use them all everyday :)

my 32GB still has 3.1.3 on it and I'm having a hard time deciding on upgrading to 4.0 so I can Jailbreak. I'm having a hard time because I know I can never go back to 3.1.3 on that phone but I still want to upgrade it.... :(

8. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I´m loving all the new upgrades, screen, camera, design and more.
    But number one for me is battery life. Wow!

P

9. HardDemon thread starter macrumors newbie

Aww :( My antenna was fine for me actually.. Only a few problems like the yellow camera etc, etc.

10. Josh0806 macrumors member

Why do you use 3 iPhones?

11. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Yes I am And I also wouldn't look back on my pass iPhones. :)

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

One is my main phone and the other are used mostly for data like downloading things. If AT&T offered data only plans, I would sign up today but they don't.

13. slicecom macrumors 68020

I'm enjoying my iPhone 4 way more than I did my 3G or 3GS. It's a much bigger upgrade than either of those were. Once you get used to the iPhone 4, its so hard to go back to a 3GS. There is no "antennagate" in Canada, so I have no complaints about this phone whatsoever.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Yep, and I've been able to kill the data connection of any 4 I've held, some even with a bumper.

15. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

I am enjoying my iP4 so much more.

It is all that I wished for and more.:)

*hums*,

*never gonna give you up...*

16. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Screen is awesome, battery life is amazing and reception on the whole seems better.

17. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I use my iPad's unlimited account for that. Download huge files with GoodReader, then download them to my PC. It's great for those with mobile offices and AT&T's 3G is much faster than Sprint's (what I use for my PC) in my area.

18. MT0227 macrumors 6502

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

+1

20. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I had a 3G so it's kind of a no-brainer, I'm lovin the iP4.

21. abcdefghijklmno macrumors member

Oh yeah, loads. I upgraded from 3G, so perhaps I noticed the speed and performance boost more than some. The screen, camera, and iOS4 are huge improvements.
    Haven't really suffered a problem with the antenna, but I live, work, and commute in areas of good O2-UK 3G signal. Did get a free bumper delivered though - why not :D

A

22. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I upgraded from the original iPhone and I cannot express how much better the iPhone 4 is. The screen, the speed, the improved reception, the fantastic camera, MMS... I really can't see how Apple can really improve on this for the next iPhone, other than fixing that death grip thing that people are complaining about.

23. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Huh? No "antennagate" in Canada? So Apple had different iPhone 4's sent specifically to Canada, ones without the external antenna? Or everyone everywhere in Canada gets a strong enough signal that the weak antenna isn't noticeable? I knew there was a reason I wanted to live up there.

And on topic: The display on the 4 is much nicer, of course. Other than that, I can't say I've noticed any positive differences between 3GS and 4. My battery life actually suffered in the switch, I don't use the camera to speak of, and I never was forced to cover my 3GS or hold it awkwardly in order to use the phone. So am I enjoying the 4 more? Meh.

24. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Absolutely, I love my iPhone 4 much better than my 3GS, now that I got one that doesn't have any signal or data issues. Best phone out there for my needs right now.

25. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Had a 3G which I foolishly updated to iOS 4. Now with my IP4?

-Better battery life
    -Faster processor
    -HD Video
    -Better camera
    -Bigger capacity

Can't even look at my old 3G the same anymore. Now I can finally play Command & Conquer on my iPhone without it crashing!!!!