Are You Excited For the New iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bernie-Mac, Jan 29, 2009.

?

How Do You Feel About the New iPhone

1. Excited. I Definitely Plan to Get One.

59 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. I'm not sure. I'll see how things go.

57 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Nope. I'll Be on my way to Palm/Blackberry/Google.

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Hola, I notice on this forum (and other places) that people have very different opinions about the new iPhone coming out. I, for one, am very excited and cannot see myself using any other phone. I expect to be in line at an Apple store every summer for as long as they update them. Others I see, arent so thrilled about Apple's iPhone due to quality, service, storage, etc.. So how do you feel about the new iPhone this summer?

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

There have been rumors of a new iPhone?

I guess there needs to be since it doesn't have things that should have been included since version 1.0

3. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

I really can't get excited about something I know little to nothing about. When I hear what the updates/improvements are then I will worry about my excitement level.

4. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

have you not seen the home page?

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Well, as excited as one can be over a phone, which to me only usually results in a hefty yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

6. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I have, but nothing really sparks me as too interesting.

7. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I don't get it.

What proves that there is a new iPhone

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

We've seen the newest model number and Phil Schiller said there would be one every year in Julyish.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Phil said there would be new phones early every summer. I mean, they did it in 2007 and 2008 and said they'll do it again in 2009. Shocking!

As for me, I'll be updating every 2 years, so I don't care until 2010. With most software and hardware it's usually dumb to upgrade from one version to the next. Skipping generations is usually fine unless you have a very specific need for some detail.

10. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

Im happy with the one I've got now... Im sure I will continue to upgrade every two years but its nothing that really excites me. Maybe I'll get excited about one if it has full capabilities of a laptop... until then its just a fancy phone.

11. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

What do you mean the new model number.

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Do us a favor, click the macrumors tab in the upper right, and read the article.

14. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I did read it. Its in the uper left for me :p

I still don't get it. I actually read it before posting my first post in this thread.

15. matperk macrumors 6502

This kind of thinking is exactly why they pulled out of MacWorld. ;)

16. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I'll definitely be getting this on release day.

17. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

What's there to be excited about yet? We all knew there would be a new one coming. Once they announce what it will have that is different than the current one, I will probably be excited.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

No, macworld is just horrible timing. January right after the holidays??

Apple has their own cycles they like to stick to, January doesnt fit into that.

19. Turmoil macrumors regular

I'm pretty happy with my current phone (1st gen I-phone). I will probaly wait another two years before buying a new phone

20. Geniusdog254 macrumors regular

I love my iPhone but the lack of basic features has already driven me to buy a brand new unlocked T-Mobile G1. I mean my G1 has MMS, copy and paste, A2DP is coming within a month, the keyboard is so much better. I will be excited about it and as I still have and use my iPhone 3G (no AT&T 3G on G1) I will probably sell my iPhone 3G to upgrade but until then except when I am in 3G coverage I will use my G1.

21. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

22. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

As others have said above, we have no idea what's coming so its hard to be too excited about something we havnt even seen yet.

But, OTOH, I am excited with the idea and using my imagination from these little tidbits we get (like the front page article right now) as to what may be coming soon, in June hopefully.

I'm really trying to contain myself from getting too excited about rumors and suspicions like we have today and "to come" in the few months ahead.

Remember all the rumors and fake pics and excitement and people freaking out about what's gonna be released at WWDC 08? (numerous "front-facing" camera articles anyone?) The Next Gen iPhone was SO hyped up by then that when the 3G was shown most were let down with how little it really had to offer. I know I fell into that group as I fell right into the middle of all the excitement and started to BELIEVE.

I'm trying to avoid that this time if possible.

There are going to be literally HUNDREDS of these threads between now and WWDC and I'm sure Ill find myself in the OP position in several of them and ya know that's what these forums are for. :D

As for the front page article that you folks don't seem to get. Read the entire thing and maybe click on some of the provided links within'. This is some quite interesting news. And I hope it means something HUGE is coming in the hardware department.........whoops there I go! :D

23. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

24. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Not really. It's not like I can upgrade my 3G anyway (as of now)

ATT: You can take advantage of our full retail pricing option, with the exception of iPhone which requires a 2-year commitment. This line may be eligible for an equipment discount on 12/12/2009