Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
Can anyone remember Sgt. Major Dickerson (Bruno Kirby) from Good Morning Vietnam? The guy that thinks he's really funny? Takes over from Cronauer (Robin Williams) on the radio and...well, is not funny at all.

Anyway...are you funny? Do you think you've got that edge that makes people laugh? If you have, post something funny or tell us why you are funny!

Forget the Good Morning Vietnam reference, I don't want people to post and be ridiculed (much). But I do want to get an elite list of MR users who are as funny as a dog in a bus shelter...groan.... :D

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
People sometimes laugh when I'm around... but it's usually 'cause they're laughing at me rather than something witty I've said. :p

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
My lass is the least funniest person you could ever meet. She tries though, really bad jokes...you try and ignore them but she'll say it louder because she thinks nobody has heard. Then the wind blows, the church bell sounds..."Bring out yer dead!"...

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I thought I was, but the need to add more and more disclaimers to this thread made me realize I was either unfunny or far too subtle. This is another attempt of mine to be funny.

Hmm. I think the funniest thing about that article was your signature.

"I love carrots."

Sorry dude. ;)

jczubach

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
northwest
you know what's funny?

in spite of the title of this thread, it's not very funny.
Now is this funny? Or is it just Irony?
Personally I don't consider myself funny, but a lot of funny things do happen to me, i.e. my latest thread entitled "too close for comfort". Now it wasn't funny at the time, but I'm starting to get a visual and wish i'd a had iphoto running at the time...cheers

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm funny in RL - don't know in which way though! Apparently my mums cousin was a standup and my grandparents keep comparing us. I just like to make folk giggle throughout the day :)

harveypooka

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 24, 2004
I'm funny in RL - don't know in which way though! Apparently my mums cousin was a standup and my grandparents keep comparing us. I just like to make folk giggle throughout the day :)

Looks like you're the current front runner for Funniest MR User!

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Anyway...are you funny? Do you think you've got that edge that makes people laugh? If you have, post something funny or tell us why you are funny!

I work in a very international environment and my friends are a mix of Spanish, Italians, and Germans. They all think I am a very funny person :p. I feel my best when I can make people laugh :).

mrfrosty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Lets try a poor taste joke then.

"You know, i always thought it would be my mum that caught ME masturbating"

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
You mean, like, elbows first?

i thought that was hilarious, for the record. :D

i'm not very funny. i have my moments, but my humor is either fairly sarcastic or entirely too simple. for example, my favorite halloween joke is:

why don't monsters eat clowns?

because they taste funny.

i find i am far more amused by jokes like that most people i know. i usually end up amusing myself more than anyone else. but my husband and friends haven't deserted me in droves, so i can't be that bad. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.