Are you gonna add a Video Wallpaper on your Jailbroken iPhone 4??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jul 6, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Even though the jailbreak tool has not yet been released for the iPhone 4, are you guys thinking of adding a video wallpaper?
    Previously having the iPhone 3G, i was limited to 128MB RAM and adding a video wallpaper would make the phone lag
    Now with 4x the RAM, Do you think you are more likely to use Video Wallpaper in Winterboard

The only problem i can think of is the Retina Display, the video wallpaper would have to be twice the resolution and could take up more RAM which could be a problem

2. celticpride678

Pretty sure that would kill the battery...just like it does on Android phones.

3. RonHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

RonHC

Yea that too, :eek:

4. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Had one on my jailbroken 3GS for about a day. It destroyed my battery life.

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

6. bobdigi macrumors regular

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

A wallpaper is a background. You don't look at a background. This must be the neon lights inside your computer case for your phone type thing.

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Nop, never liked video backgrounds. What'll I'll do that I always do is swap the new 3G/EGDE/GPRS icons for the old ones. The old ones are much better. Also, install 3G Unrestrictor back again and try to make tethering work WITHOUT having to use that pitiful 2GB plan from AT&T.

9. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

You clearly have never had an android phone.

10. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

Do you care to enlighten us as to why the evo gets god awful battery life then? I could name a few.

11. celticpride678

I own an HTC Droid Incredible. You should start reading Android forums and you'll understand that battery life significantly drops with live wallpapers.

And stop guessing...because you're wrong

12. nykeiscool macrumors newbie

Funny i had the same question in mind. The reason why i even consider video wallpaper is because i love the live super mario wallpaper android has going on. Wanted something similar but its like meh. I will wait to see youtubers upload some kick ass video wallpapers to influence me to do it

13. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Computers have had the ability of wallpapers for ~25 years... Yet animated wallpapers have never really taken off...... There's a reason for that :)