Are you Happy With The Model You Chose?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MikeM87, Jun 24, 2012.

1. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

Hi Guys,

I have the first gen iPad and am looking to upgrade this soon. It's a 32gb 3G. With the next model am not sure that am gonna go for the 3G model as I have wifi at work and at home + wifi hot spots etc.

I just wanted to see what your opinion was on this. Am tempted to go for the 64GB wifi 3rd gen?

Does anyone know when refurbs will be available? If so how many of you have ever purchased a refurb, I myself have not.

Thanks for any info :)

2. jojoba macrumors 68000

I'm very happy with my choice. My iPad2 was 16GB 3G and storage wise it was perfect for a long time - I ever only used about half even though I had my entire research library on there. Now I have started taking photos again after a break of more than a decade, and have also put most of my music on my iPad, so having chosen 64 for my 3gen was a good move, as I'm planning to keep it for at least two years. For my purposes, 3G is worth it - when I travel with work or am on the go, I don't always have access to wifi. But there's not a fixed answer to this, just depends on your use pattern.

3. BiggAW macrumors 68020

LOVE my iPad 3. Not sure I'll ever use the cellular part, but I'm not too worried about that. LOVE it.

4. ocnitsa macrumors regular

If you merely need an excuse to go 3g, consider that the major carriers are rolling out data share plans...which allow you to share data over multiple lines/devices...That could be a reason in a year or two have the 3g version...I currently get by with wifi only and it's only been a pain in the butt at certain airports and hotels that only have paid wifi. I'm kinda wishing I got more than 16 gigs, though...it's filling quickly with stuff.

5. BiggAW macrumors 68020

If it's the same carrier, there's no point, since I can just tether. The only reason I would use the 4G is if I want Verizon, where I AT&T on my iPhone, or if I travel internationally.

6. big samm macrumors 65816

I couldn't be happier with my 32gb Lte model! Best 900$ i spent this year ;-)

7. Manta-X macrumors member

I really love my iPad 3. Best device I ever bought.

8. MrSam macrumors newbie

Went Big on Storage This Tme

The (New) iPad was my first as I had been waiting on the release of the Retina Display model to make things easier on my aging eyes. I went for the 64GB option because I seem to be hopelessly addicted to downloading photo editing apps and also keeping at least a small number of my 14+ MP image files onboard. I'm delighted about my decision to go for the additional storage option personally and although I have no problems in terms of using cloud storage I just feel better knowing that I don't have to overly concern myself with how much or how little I have left on the device itself.

9. palpatine macrumors 68040

32 gb wifi iPad 3. It is nice, but I probably could have gotten away with 16 gb. I have excellent connectivity and use cloud services. If I was unsure about connectivity, I'd have gotten a cellular model, because the iPad is considerably better with constant Internet access.

10. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I have the 32GB 4G version and I gotta say I love it. Granted, it was given to me as a gift, so I made out nicely. However, I find that using the 4G is VERY rare. I only have the 250MB plan for those rare occasions where I might find myself needing to use it and there's no wifi. I mostly use it at work and home, and both places have wifi. Had I bought it with my own money, however, I would've gotten the wifi-only model since I know I can always turn on the tethering feature on my iPhone, if I'm traveling or something like that.

11. Mercury6 macrumors member

I got the 16 GB Wi-Fi only model. I still have about 9 GB of free space so yeah I am happy :)

12. TobyZiegler macrumors newbie

TobyZiegler

Have ordered the 3G 64GB. Not because i need the 3G really (nice still to have the option) but rather because of the GPS/GLONASS option, which is a must for me.

Hope it (GPS) works without a sim card too :rolleyes:

My plan was to use it without a sim card and take ForeverMap or some similar app to always carry some map with me, even when there is no WiFi around.

13. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I doubled up on storage this time around and went 32 gb. Haven't regretted it for a second. I have wifi pretty much everywhere I go now, so I don't regret leaving out the 4G.

14. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Same. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the cellular model, but the monthly fees are just too high.

15. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

16. Iwolf macrumors newbie

Iwolf

I'm verry happy with my 16GB Verizon 4g LTE version coming from a android tab and it's like night and day:D

17. TinyBFK macrumors member

64GB new iPad and couldn't be happier. Choosing a case is the hard part for me. I'm debating no case though since I got a 2 year accidental damage warranty with no deductible.

18. Mercury6 macrumors member

I just tether from my iphone :)

19. BlakeBrattina macrumors 6502a

I was extremely happy with the 32G Ipad2 when I had it. It held enough storage for a few movies on the way to and from trips, along with a song Library if needed. I am going to be purchasing another soon, but I think I will tone it down to a 16G.

20. gsusser macrumors regular

A day after I bought my iPad, also the latest, I had buyer's remorse for getting 32gb instead of 64gb. I regularly fill up both my iPhone and iPad with music - my rationale for getting a 32gb iPad was that I would be using my iPhone for listening for the most part. While that's true, for a lousy $100 more I could have had the best of both worlds. And I'm guessing I would get my money back anyway when it comes time to sell it. Other than that, I'm hopelessly in love with the iPad.

21. srshaw macrumors 6502

I'm happy with my 32gb wifi model. I thought I would run out of space with a 16gb but actually I'm barely using any memory at all.

22. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i have an iPad 2 16gb wifi only refurb. got it for $319 and thus saved a ton of money doing so.

sometimes i wish i had 3G or 4G (if i got the iPad 3), but i remind myself i am already paying for a $30/mo unlimited data plan on my iPhone. to be walking around with $60 / mo worth of data plans on myself is ridiculous.

overall, i am satisfied with my purchase

23. jaysen macrumors 6502

Third Gen ipad 16GB Verizon version... Overall I am very happy. I don't use the Verizon Data all that often, however with my 2yr old it comes in handy - Mobile YouTube!

I can always tether, but nothing beats verizon LTE :) (when avail)

My only issue/complaint, is the size... Wish I would have went bigger

24. Benson11 macrumors regular

Benson11

I am really happy with my device ipad 3 and love it.

25. yang88she macrumors regular

Very happy with my choice of 32gb iPad 3