Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How Immune to Caffeine are you?

• Caffeine has no effect on me.

Votes: 36 47.4%
  • I drink a few cups of coffee/or similar substance a day.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I drink a cup and wide a wake all day!

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Screw coffee! Give me a <insert fruit/veggie>!

Votes: 12 15.8%

• Total voters

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
I am wondering how immune are you to caffeine? Me, being an engineering student, I'm finding myself drinking a few (3-5) cups of a coffee in the morning just to stay awake!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I hate coffee, i dont get why 90% of my school comes with a starbucks in hand.

followme

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Japan
BTW, you didn't take into account that a significant amount of the world's caffein is consumed through tea, not just coffee. I imagine some sodas, too.

I drink tea like it's water.. and that's a lot. It's caffeinated, but I never really notice it. It doesn't seem to have any effect on me whatsoever. I tried even going without the tea for two weeks, no difference. Sleep, alertness, yawning, were all as usual.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I like the taste of coffee.

I particlurely like the fresh ground beans I make for my morning coffee.

As for the effects of coffee on me. I can down a venti mocha from star bucks at 10pm at night and be sound out by 11.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
i don't drink coffee never really cared for the smell of it but i drink soda Mt Dew usually does the trick for me if i need to get a fix although Pepsi/coke doesn't really do anything if i neeed a long fix i usually go for jolt that stuff works wonders :D and im not really fan of energy drinks either like redbull amp etc.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I'm a journalist, therefore coffee is a required part of my blood.

A while back, I was drinking an entire pot of coffee by lunch ... those were the days I accomplished quite a bit.

Love

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2007
Just southeast of Northwestshire
I love coffee. I get a very small but noticeable mood change out of coffee. I don't get hyper, but I just work more efficiently and generally have an elevated mood.

Right now I'm drinking a cup of home made Dominicano coffee (coffee I just bought in the Dominican Republic.) It's rediculicious.

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
I love coffee as well as pop. I usually have both a day at work, and only notice a slight boost of energy. I also have no problems going to sleep if I have either one at night.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
coffee?

Give me some bawls(high caffeine soda) or straight up caffeine pills

Actually bawls is very expensive for my 'taste'(money wise, really taste wise its pretty good)

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
coffee?

Give me some bawls(high caffeine soda) or straight up caffeine pills

Actually bawls is very expensive for my 'taste'(money wise, really taste wise its pretty good)

i never had Bawls before does that taster like another type of soda or is it something on its own?

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I can't stand coffee. It smells disgusting and tastes even worse!

But caffeine still has no effect on me from my years of living off of Mt. Dew. Heh. Have only had it a few times in the last three years or so, but I used to have it breakfast, lunch and dinner. Crazy!

I can still drink a giant Dew or Dr. Pepper and go straight to sleep after.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Glad to see I'm not the only one, heh, I can't stand Coffee so never drink it, but I can down like 2-3 Monsters (energy drinks), or Red Bull or something highly caffeinated and be out 5 minutes after, I actually drink Energy Drinks for their taste not the "boost" it's supposed to give you :rolleyes:.

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I would guess that caffeine has barely any effect on me in small doses. I can drink up to 6 cans of pop a day and it doesn't affect me. Yet, I drank a whole 12-pack of pop a few years back and had migraines for a few days. That really sucked.

On the other hand, Redline makes me bounce off the walls! (especially if I drink a whole bottle at once...:/)

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i never had Bawls before does that taster like another type of soda or is it something on its own?

If you love the taste of flat sprite bawls is for you!
:rolleyes: What a gimmick.

I drink the root beer one....it just taste like normal root beet. Last time I had one, I screw the lid on(a glass bottle), put it in my pocket, walked around, and it leaked all over me. Quite the downer.

But over all its a good drink, if not a little expensive.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I like coffee but I'm very particular about it. Either Hawaiian Kona or Costa Rican peaberry. I can't stand the taste of regular off the shelf coffee.

I've also been trying to cut down on the amount of soda I drink. I switched to mineral water with dinner and in the evenings and found that I'm going to bed at a much more reasonable hour.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
I'm 18, and probably since middle school, the most i drank was diet coke (the silver bottle / cans) and drank so much. It was very unhealthy as I probably drank it more than water.

I stopped drinking any pop months ago. Now if i have a coke or rootbeer, it's hard to drink it. Very hard.

fuzzynavo

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2004
CA
I love coffee. I started drinking it as a means to stay awake during long nights, but I realized that it had little effect on me. I can drink a few cups and then take a nap right afterwards. I've also fallen asleep in seminars with a cup in my hand :p. I typically drink several cups a day now, but I do so mainly for the taste. I really do enjoy well brewed coffee.

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
The coffee I like the most is the strong black coffee that you can put a spoon in and it stands up. I usually use the Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

I had a discussion with my dad, a mechanical engineer, over coffee. I said Dunkin' Donuts tastes better, and he said Starbucks tasted better. Kinda weird if you ask me. Mind you, when he said, "Starbucks tastes better," he means their bean/ground coffee you make at home, not the warmed up milk stuff.

SlasherDuff

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2008
Gator Country
Coffee always makes me nauseous...and I hate it, cause I love Starbucks. I can drink soda, but it doesn't give me that kick I want once in a while. So I stick with tea.

Yeah, Tea with a half of a grapefruit is a great way to start the day for me

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
I dont feel hyped up or anything, but if I have it after 2:00 PM, I wont be able to sleep at all that night....

LtRammstein

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Denver, CO
I just came up with a crazy idea to get those that hate coffee to drink it...

1) Stay awake for about 24-36 hours doing technical stuff. For example, a LAN party.

2) Go to a 24 hour diner, and order pots of coffee. (This is best done with friends). You can get food too of course.

3) Drink them down with NO MORE THAN 1 HALF AND HALF.

4) ???

5) PROFIT!

wakka092

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
The coffee I like the most is the strong black coffee that you can put a spoon in and it stands up. I usually use the Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

I had a discussion with my dad, a mechanical engineer, over coffee. I said Dunkin' Donuts tastes better, and he said Starbucks tasted better. Kinda weird if you ask me. Mind you, when he said, "Starbucks tastes better," he means their bean/ground coffee you make at home, not the warmed up milk stuff.
Dunkin's awesome. It's not as glamorous, it's brewed with a Bunn coffee machine, but it goes down very mild and smooth. Plus, donuts. With sprinkles! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.