Are you kidding me? This is beyond stupid!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mikezmac, May 16, 2015.

1. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

For some people the protection of the device hardware is important for resale value. Perhaps the use case of the Watch is more important than how it looks to others, as well.

4. Phil Holland macrumors regular

I just don't get why anyone gives a crap what someone else does with their watch.

5. KojiH macrumors 6502

It looks very much like the LunaTik cases that were made for the iPod Nano that allowed owners to wear it on the wrist as a watch.

6. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

7. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

If i'm going hiking or camping, I would love to have a nice rugged case like that to go with it, just so I don't have to worry about it. To go out to dinner with the wife, I would obviously leave something like that off. In any case, let people do what they want, that is part of the personal nature of the watch. It would get boring fast if we all just had identical silver watches on our wrists (with the smattering of gold and space gray).

8. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

I totally agree. My SS case has gotten pretty scratched already, far more so than any of my other watches. I'm in the National Guard now (former active duty Infantry) and really want to take my watch with me during annual training. Not sure how it will hold up. I might see if I can get one of these cases just for that (and hiking as well).

9. seatton macrumors 6502

seatton

Somebody mentioned he wanted to use it when he went "climbing" so I no longer want to think this ugly case is stupid.

10. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Ugliness aside, it seems like it would make it hard to use. There are gestures from 3 of the four sides, swiping. And often I find myself tapping small app icons right at the edge of the screen.

Usability would be my concern with this design.

11. 4tis macrumors newbie

Don't know if the National Guard are as twitchy about smart watches as the PLA, but you may want to double check.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...as-army-banned-from-wearing-smartwatches.html

12. Kinkade macrumors member

Some people just destroy things. Or worry they might.

The iPhone 6 is the first iPhone I've used a case for, only because I don't like the perturbing camera when I lay it down. My stepdad had never had a phone without a thick armor case with built in screen protector, and he needs it.

I wouldn't consider a case for my watch, I don't think I need or want one. My stepdad would get one. A very rugged one.

Why the case hate? Some people are construction workers and don't want their expensive electronics destroyed.

13. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

if you play high impact sports, train outdoors, have a job that would require a rugged watch etc.. tons of reason, they make the G Shock watch for a reason you know, and it sells well. Maybe someone wants the G-Shock with fitness and notifications that the Apple Watch provides. I have the Spigen Rugged case that I put on at the gym. changing between equipments you can (an i have) hit my wrist/watch. normally my watches have a lip but the apple watch doesn't.

trust me I was against cases until i slammed the AW screen in-between equipments while changing out weights.

14. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Look at the reviews on the page, it looks as if it may be a scam.

15. mikezmac, May 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2015

mikezmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

16. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Boy, you got that right. Anyone who ordered this after reading the reviews deserves to get scammed. I am betting Amazon will deal with these people soon.

17. mikezmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

It's really for sale but after seeing this i read the amazon reviews, 49. very mixed. 1 stars to 5, far more 1s

18. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

It is for sale yes, but do you actually get a proper product, if anything? :cool:
    You have to wonder if this is just an example of internet trolls ruining a company..

19. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I wish Amazon would vet some of their sellers a bit better. And reserve reviews for verified purchasers. They could allow comments from non-verified purchasers in a separate category.

20. mikezmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Amazon is a great place to find cases regardless. Just read the reviews 1st. :)

(I'm personally a nudist, with the watch, I don't believe in clothes.)

Here's another one I saw. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00W22N8JO?psc=1

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I suspect we will see thousands of 3rd party accessories for the Aplle Watch in the next year. There will e good and bad.

People who make quality bands will be rich!

22. Subdiv macrumors 6502

The buckle on this one looks like it's made out of a paperclip...

23. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Just to be clear, I don't think many if any of those reviews are for this particular product. Amazon has all of the products from that manufacturer lumped into one listing, including things like a Milanese loop that just uses Apple's product photography (and apparently was listed before the watches were even released). Most of the negatives seem to be reacting to that.

24. saratoga172 macrumors newbie

They bought it to use it not obsess over its looks. That looks awesome if I were going camping or hiking and wanted to bring the watch with me to track times, altitude, and other health based stuff. Plus it would be useful for notifications. Plenty of uses for it

25. ocabj macrumors 6502a

ocabj

Wait until Apple makes a car. Then people will be buying rubber armor / protectors for their cars, and plastic protectors for the interior.