Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclover001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Whenever I find a small piece of hair on my MacBook, I have to get out the can of aerosol air and blow it off. There's a little speck of something between my "7" and "Y" keys that I can't get out....

Are you like that? The white seems to show every little imperfection.

:D

sn00pie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
United States
yeah, it's annoying when you get those stupid hairs or little dust pieces on your clean macbook, and cleaning them only spreads them out haha

ib4walrus

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2008
US
i wipe the screen with a microfiber cloth everyday since the dust/lint/etc. always shows when I put the display to sleep.
Haven't gone was far as the aerosol can though.
;)

bluaeon

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2008
909 So Ca
yes, i do have a little bit of OCD on my new blackbook. i even put the invisible shield on them, but now i think it made it worse cuz now i see my hand marks all over them and i lay that cloth that came with on top of the keyboard whenever i type and i always have to clean inside and out before i close/shut down.

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Somehow I like my notebook looking a bit seasoned like faded jeans. So I don't mind if it gets a bit dirty and grubby.

Turn off all of the lights. Do any of you notice light leaking through the lid around the Apple logo?

priller

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2007
Not at all, I bought it to use, not to look at. Only part I've clean since I bought it is the screen.

JoeDRC

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
UK
i don't baby my macbook, if its dirty i'll clean it, the screen is a dust and fingerprint magnet, the only downside for me of having a glossy screen

white shows up dirt a lot more

ProwlingTiger

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2008
Add me to the OCD list. After paying 1000+ $, I intend to keep it ship shape and Bristol fashion.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I wouldn't diagnose any of you as having OCD.

You could determine the level of your compulsion to fulfill your obsessive desires by trying to determine how much suffering you would feel if for some reason you were unable to fulfill them.

In other words, how uncomfortable would you be if you couldn't follow these cleaning routines? Would you feel stuck, frozen, unable to think clearly until you could fulfill the desire?

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Yup.

In fact, I get a bunch of crap on the bottom of my MacBook coz my mum put bee wax on the table!!! :mad:

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I used to be. Over a year ago i'd clean it weekly top to bottom. That screen needed to be shiny for me. .. . but now life's gotten in the way and more importantly worry about like...school work or writing essays....but i do feel a litle embarrassed at times on campus since my macbook may not be the shiniest as it once was.

as for stuff falling in between the cracks of the keyboard, normally i open the macbook and clean it once every 3 months. not too much dirt, but def. some dust bunnies.

over a year ago i opened it, shook the keyboard and quite a bit of pot came out, enough for a good bowl. :D

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
not so much i clean the screen often and the key pads with the "magic eraser" every week or so... i completely gave up on the outside case though. there is NO WAY to keep that scratch proof with out a casing on it.. You can really not notice them unless held at a certain angle so i stopped being OCD about that at least..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.