Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your sequence?

• pre-order, then visit Apple Store, then confirm

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • visit Apple Store, then order

Votes: 10 5.4%
  • Pre-order, then wait hopefully/trust Apple

Votes: 103 55.7%
  • do more research after release

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Hard choice! I would really like to see them first, but I expect the lines to even try on one will be long and slow for the first weekend. So I think I will order the 42 and cancel if I think it is really too big.

My wrist is about 172, so is on the border between sizes. I like big watches, but my watches are a little more interesting than a big black slab . . .

Either way I am getting the SS with traditional black strap, then add a strap or two later.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Here's what i'm thinking

Pre order SS with black sport band then
pre order Sport space grey black band.

Make try on appointment at local Apple store, try both of the above, get home and cancel order pre order for the one i don't want.

It's a bit much and a part of me tells me to stick with my guns and get the SS which i'm sure i'll prefer.

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Do you plan on visiting an Apple Store before confirming your purchase (e.g. pre-order, but maybe cancel or change once you've seen the real thing) or are you just going for it?

Pre-ordering the Black SS and Silver SS with Blue Leather Loop. Next day I'm going to the store and trying both on. Canceling the one I don't want.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I've watched the videos, seen the pictures, and measured my wrist. What else do I need to know? Just its function, and until I receive the watch, there is no way to know this! So I'm all in, sight unseen:cool:...

My sentiments exactly :D

afx128

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
with a two week delivery window you can probably preorder, go to store and try it on, and cancel the order if you don't like the combo you picked.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Do you plan on visiting an Apple Store before confirming your purchase (e.g. pre-order, but maybe cancel or change once you've seen the real thing) or are you just going for it?

I'm pre ordering the SS model with Milanese Loop. If I have a chance to drop by an Apple store to see it in person I will. Otherwise, If I don't like the watch I'll just return it.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'll be pre-ordering first, then going down to the Apple Store possibly on the 11th to take a look. If I don't pre-order right away, the model I want (Sport 42mm Space Gray) will most likely be backordered by weeks if I wait until Saturday the 11th to go see it and then pre-order it.

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I'm going to order on Fri and trust...I'm actually going to go out of my way NOT to see it "in the flesh" as it were. I want my first :apple:Watch I see to be mine when I unbox it...I would hate gong in, trying it on, having a play with it and then walking out of the store empty handed!

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'm going to order on Fri and trust...I'm actually going to go out of my way NOT to see it "in the flesh" as it were. I want my first :apple:Watch I see to be mine when I unbox it...I would hate gong in, trying it on, having a play with it and then walking out of the store empty handed!

Good point...I hope I'll be able to contain my excitement and try not to walk out of the store crying because I don't get to bring an Apple Watch with me :p

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

This. And it's not like we've never seen aluminum or stainless steel in person. ;) I also want to buy a pair for my wife and I (surprise for my wife) so in-store reservation is out of the question.

I'll be up at 3 am placing an order for 2 stainless steel with black sport bands and will be picking up additional bands once they're available separately.

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
This. And it's not like we've never seen aluminum or stainless steel in person. ;) I also want to buy a pair for my wife and I (surprise for my wife) so in-store reservation is out of the question.

I'll be up at 3 am placing an order for 2 stainless steel with black sport bands and will be picking up additional bands once they're available separately.

Thankfully 08:01 is a lot more social in the UK!

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Thankfully 08:01 is a lot more social in the UK!

Agreed but as i apparently have no life :p, and this isn't my first 'preorder rodeo' so to speak, I'm quite familiar with the 3 AM preorder wake up. In fact, it's one of the alarms saved on my iPhone--just getting an extra use this year. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.