Are you quarantined?

Are you quarantined or self-isolating?

• I'm quarantined by medical/government officials

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I've been personally told to self-isolate at home by medical professionals

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I'm self-isolating because I meet government criteria for doing so (eg showing symptoms)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I'm self-isolating out of choice

Votes: 14 13.9%
  • I'm more or less isolated because my area is under general lockdown

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • I'm working from home or avoiding busy areas

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • I'm carrying on as normal

Votes: 24 23.8%

• Total voters

mw360

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
So, how are you doing? Carrying on as normal, or handcuffed inside a plastic bubble with the feds outside? Remember to come back often and update your status!

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
So, how are you doing? Carrying on as normal, or handcuffed inside a plastic bubble with the feds outside? Remember to come back often and update your status!

Are the unmarked helicopters circling the area black? Probably World Government. Not a good area for playing outside that day.

Are they blue? That’s the Sheriff’s Secret Police. They’ll keep a good eye on your kids, and hardly ever take one.
- - Post merged: - -

Shall we say "Carrying on as normal" for you then? :)
Vote registered! ?

satinsilverem2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2013
Richmond, VA
My GF and I are keeping inside. Scary thing is the night before last she started to come down with cold like symptoms and got worse yesterday. She's run a very very slight fever today. Im a little worried but we live in an area that has no cases confirmed but are around us. She is a teacher so who knows who she could have gotten this from if it is indeed the bad one.

Reactions: Gutwrench

mw360

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
My GF and I are keeping inside. Scary thing is the night before last she started to come down with cold like symptoms and got worse yesterday. She's run a very very slight fever today. Im a little worried but we live in an area that has no cases confirmed but are around us. She is a teacher so who knows who she could have gotten this from if it is indeed the bad one.
I'm holed up because our little one has a rough cough, and had a fever over a few nights. The school don't want him, and my work colleagues don't want me. Not sure we'll survive the cabin fever if this keeps up.

mw360

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
No, though starting to feel it would be kind of nice if we were... radio silence from Boris and a laissez faire approach isn't exactly reassuring when there's people in Italy imploring us to get on top of it more quickly than they did :oops:
Not a Boris fan, but I was happy to give his controlled burn plan the benefit of the doubt. I saw the case numbers jump from 800 to 1200 today though, and I think it's going to be a white knuckle ride.

Reactions: Falhófnir

Falhófnir

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2017
Not a Boris fan, but I was happy to give his controlled burn plan the benefit of the doubt. I saw the case numbers jump from 800 to 1200 today though, and I think it's going to be a white knuckle ride.
My assumption from the start was that there would be more active intervention to try and minimise the number of concurrent cases, in the event it feels like there's a power vacuum of inaction at the top that authorities like the NHS are scrambling to try and fill, but don't have the authority to fully do what's needed themselves.

Particularly striking is the insistence schools will stay open. Conventional wisdom is that you don't take chances with children!

Reactions: max2

mw360

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Particularly striking is the insistence schools will stay open. Conventional wisdom is that you don't take chances with children!
Yeah... that. Can't say I know what their game is but it unnerves me a bit to think that perhaps our infrastructure isn't up to the threat of the entire nation hitting 'childcare issues' at the same time.

high heaven

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2017
I'm not but I'm preparing for any situations. At this point, I can not work so I gotta stay inside.

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Wife is an ER doctor. She has seen a couple of suspected cases (in proper PPE, thank god), but nothing serious enough to meet the testing criteria. I'll be working from home until further notice.
- - Post merged: - -

There are numerous theories as to why coronaviruses disappear in summer months. One of the more interesting ones is kids who are home for the summer are less likely to spread diseases.

I understand there are complications which prevent schools from closing but they should be closed for the time being.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Schools closing for a month in my county starting midweek. One confirmed case so far.

Probably going to be a pain in the neck for parents whose workplaces are still open, with the short notice, even if they had figured it was probably going to happen.

I noticed in an online cruise through a BJs over in the next county that I shop in via Instacart, most items for my next re-up still seem to be available. But I mostly get fresh vegetables and a few other perishable items, so that may not be a good comparison for folks who shop more for staples and paper goods.

Reactions: Septembersrain

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I’m in a supervisory position, so I moved all my ‘core’ work at home and my work vehicle is my mobile platform for being in the field, and I’m not venturing to the department/or any follow-up Procedures into peoples homes, ect.

It’s funny, because I was supposed to have my teeth cleaned last week, but I actually canceled. I felt really bad about it (Because it takes months to even reserve a spot), I called over and spoke to the representative, and she said there were cancellations ‘left and right’, so I rescheduled within three months. [Fortunately I genetically have very good teeth.], But my point is, small businesses Will be hit very hard financially, and some will not survive due to the unforeseen amount of time this will take to pass.

At this junction, I’m just really fortunate to have ‘job security’ where I’m not affected, but I can create my own work schedule to do what I need to do to safeguard myself moving forward.

Oh, all the gyms in my location have closed, multiple restaurants have shut down, three grocery stores have closed, and [All] schools are shut down until May 1.

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The last choice with the caveat we are being prudent and cautious, but not holed up in our house. We ate out on Friday Night, The runs on store products are annoying, ?

Reactions: compwiz1202

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
I'm self-quarantining myself. I am a young and healthy person but if I don't have to I'd rather not get it myself or spread it to someone else. There are a few confirmed cases in my county and I don't want to add a number to them :p. This'll be a long few weeks.

I will go out to the store if I need anything, I'm not being that extreme and putting myself on full lockdown. But I am definitely avoiding unnecessary trips.

Dog walks are still happening too, as a way to get fresh air without exposing myself to a lot of people.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I'm self-quarantining myself. I am a young and healthy person but if I don't have to I'd rather not get it myself or spread it to someone else. There are a few confirmed cases in my county and I don't want to add a number to them :p. This'll be a long few weeks.

I will go out to the store if I need anything, I'm not being that extreme and putting myself on full lockdown. But I am definitely avoiding unnecessary trips.

Dog walks are still happening too, as a way to get fresh air without exposing myself to a lot of people.
This is gonna sound Sorta strange, but my neighbor is a B.C. Podiatrist, he was down in Naples for some ‘In-house’ training and he mentioned that Apparently even some pet supply stores, customers are hoarding dog food/supplies. Now, I have no idea why that would be, (I’m not an animal owner), But strangely enough, it was something that was discussed down in Florida that’s apparently occurring due to C/19.

So why am I bringing that up to you? You’ve Mentioned multiple times that you’re from Florida in various threads, just thought it was interesting if that’s been the case for you or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.