iPad Are you ready for the lighter space grey iPad air 2?

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
Black 5 was the best looking iPhone, I really like my the Space Grey Air I just bought. I'll be flustered if the new one is significantly better. JB 7.1.2 Air for me. :cool:

I'd hope for 2GB, but I thought the iPhones would have that too.

I just got a 5S and I thought it would be cool to get TouchID on the iPad, but I never use passwords so I couldn't care less. I liked TouchID for unlock (faster than swipe), but it starting causing issues when on phone calls and it'd want a password to hang up. :/

Last edited:

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Looking forward to it be lighter, and 1gb ram would be good.

I hold out hope they introduce the larger 12.9 version early to surprise people, I'll buy both:D

nuckfan

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I don't think going thinner is the issue, as long as they make them easier to hold without them slipping out of our hands.

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I just bought an iPad Air yesterday knowing a new one is eminent. I hope there is at least an announcement is the next 14 days (Apple return period).'

I'm hoping for 2GB, but wireless ac would be equally important.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I don't think going thinner is the issue, as long as they make them easier to hold without them slipping out of our hands.
They won't do that.

If the back of the case was a not slip material it would be easier to grip without hardly any pressure.
Also, it would not slip and slide over a smooth surface.

Apple won't do that.

If the rear of the case had any texture or shaping in the metal shell to allow fingers to get a slight purchase on the surface you would not have to worry about it slipping so much.

Apple won't do that.

In fact, if you gave anyone an instruction to make a tablet intended to be as easy to slip out of your hand or slip of a flat surface as possible, they would design the iPad Air.

The look of it, overrides anything else.

baypharm

Contributor
Nov 15, 2007
I would love to see iPad triple or quadruple in computing power. No need to make it thinner. Just beefier where it counts.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Looking forward to it be lighter, and 1gb ram would be good.

I hold out hope they introduce the larger 12.9 version early to surprise people, I'll buy both:D
It has one GB of RAM right now. That'd suck would not get get one if so.

vanzantapple

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2010
USA
I'll ask for two things and I kind of expect one of them to be granted:

1. A BLACK iPad Air 2.
2. 2 Gigs of RAM.

insoc

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, heavier and thicker please.
Why? I long for the day the iPad could be as thin as a paper. I use my iPad Mini instead of the iPad Air ONLY because it's way lighter and I can hold it with one hand for a LONG TIME without feeling any pain. Try doing that with an iPad Air...

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I disagree with everyone wanting it thicker. If people want thicker, get a Surface.

Just keep doing what you're doing Apple. I will gladly welcome a thinner iPad Air 2.

insoc

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
I disagree with everyone wanting it thicker. If people want thicker, get a Surface.

Just keep doing what you're doing Apple. I will gladly welcome a thinner iPad Air 2.
+1 Actually as thin as the iPad Air is today it's all right with me. I just want it to be much more lighter.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Wait, I'm confused! :confused:

Do we mean lighter in weight or a lighter shade of Space Gray like the iPhone 5S to iPhone 6?

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
Personally, I'm very happy that Apple has had an obsession with light thin devices; I think the iPad Air and mini are both marvelous. But for me at least, they've reached an optimum thickness. While I wouldn't mind a thinner device, other priorities like battery life and durability are by now more important to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.