Are you running the 3.0 software?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nfl46, Mar 20, 2009.

?

Are you running the 3.0 software?

1. Yes

60 vote(s)
    49.2%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    50.8%
  1. nfl46 macrumors 603

2. zachplaysguitar macrumors 6502

zachplaysguitar

Yes. You should add a poll.

Edit: You added it before I could post!

3. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Yes. Surprisingly buggy too. I've had to reboot the phone multiple times. Have some applications which never work, some which crash frequently. I've had sound disappear, even iPod functions wouldn't play anything. I've had Google maps fail to start, and even Mail crash.

I'm not sure its worth trying the beta.

4. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

No. I'll wait until after the first bug-squashing session.

5. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I hope they have updates and don't just stop here. I assume there are more features coming that they don't want to show off. It can be hard running two separate builds, with and without some new stuff. They may choose to not update the beta. I hope they do update it. It needs it.

6. Andruw91 macrumors regular

With 3.0 out I can't wait to get an iphone. I was going to get one now that 3.0 is out, but I just keep telling myself that if I buy a phone now it will have 2.2 on it. Hopefully the WWDC will come soon along with 3.0 and 32gb iphone

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Just uploaded. A Developer added me to his account.

I am running the new 3.0 with iTunes 8.1 on a PC. Install was flawless and restore went without a hitch.

In the middle of testing and enjoying new features now.

If anyone has PC related questions feel free to ask and I will answer the best I can.

Also getting ready to test A2DP headphones next so will post on that as well.

8. kingdLo macrumors 6502

Installed and running without issues. Few bugs here and there, the worst IMO is the memory leaks where the phone crawls to a stop basically.

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Upgraded my original iPhone 2G for development and testing as we're working on a few Apps that will make use of the new features only available in 3.0

10. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Oh dang, I see that a lot of people are running. I can't find any Dev that can add me to their account. I'll keep on looking though.

11. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

Sweet, I am doing the same thing now. I am uploading and can't wait! How is it? :)

******@live.com

shoot him an email. he just added me and am uploading 3.0 on my 3G now. :)

P.S. Make sure you tell him Christian at roosting11@yahoo.com sent you. Thanks

12. nfl46 thread starter macrumors 603

Thank you soooo much! I am about to email him now!

13. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

So far the install and Restore from my previous settings has gone without any issues or problems. In the past, before 2.0 i had problems and had to go into DFU mode. This time has been perfect...so far. Its reinstalling all of my previous settings and apps right now.

No errors no glitches......"crosses fingers"; "knocks on wood" :eek:

14. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I hope you didn't just screw this developer over by passing around his email address. They aren't supposed to be adding UDIDs to their dev account unless they're being used for testing of apps that they're developing...

15. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

and testing apps is what im doing...
    :cool:

16. wil49 macrumors member

Wouldnt it be funny if all these devs decided to remove the devices they added. hahaha

17. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Maybe you think thats funny but I don't. What about those that want to prepare apps for the new 3.0 release??? What about those that have apps that are popular and need to be updated but have no one to test them with the new 3.0???

Personally I think your being selfish in your remarks instead of having pro active thinking so that the change over is smooth with the massive upgrade.

These Dev's that are adding users are doing it to get ahead on their apps so that they are ready for market on the release day.

18. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

how is it man?! im updating mine now. almost there. :)

19. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

LOL...its still installing all of my apps and the data bases associated with. It is taking a long time but that is because I had 7 pages of apps.

Everything is still working correctly and I have notified all of the developers I beta for that I have the new upgrade so that I can test their apps to be ready for the future release. Some had not even thought about it yet. I will continue to post here until I get into testing the A2DP protocols and other areas that I am asked about.

20. MXChristian11 macrumors 6502

MXChristian11

Sweet dude!! I just updated mine to 3.0!!! Its actavated and all is good now. :) I am just waiting patiently for it to restore all my old setting, contacts, etc. Ahhhhh, I am so stoked!! <3:apple:

21. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

LOL...still loading. I have almost 2 gigs of apps of which 4 are in beta...hope they load!

Im still waiting for devs to have me test their apps. Send me a PM guys, you will get genuine testing and feedback. I also give recommendations based on my marketing experience of 16 years.

22. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

23. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

You're updating to 3.0, but you don't have your UDID registered with a developer? How?

24. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

He does have his UDID registered. Now he wants to test apps from the devs that he is registered with.

25. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Oh, I see. :eek: