iPad Are you still amazed by the weight !

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mstikes, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Mstikes macrumors member

Mstikes

Everytime I pick up my Air2, I overcompensate because my brain hasn't grasp the fact that an iPad can be so light !

2. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I am coming from an iPad Air to an Air 2 and surprised how much lighter it feels, do to its thickness really. 1lb to 0.96 lb isn't much of a weight difference, but the loss of thickness really helps. Less MASS!

3. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

You noticed a difference from the Air to the Air 2? I did not. Don't get me wrong, I like the weight, screen, and speed, but I don't really notice the weight difference at all.

4. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

ipad air 2 is amazing... I am still wowed everytime I pick it up... kind of like my tallywhacker.

5. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Me too. I'm blown away by how light and thin it is and that display is just gorgeous - it dominates you with sublime perfection. I can't ever imagine wanting to look at my original iPad Air again. For anyone who is holding off on an upgrade: don't. This device is incredible in every conceivable way.

6. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Once you get that light, any amount of weight loss feels more significant. I can't believe they fit a full tablet in there.

7. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Mass is practically the same thing as weight. Thickness does not make something way more or less, the iPad is now in fact more dense, and has the same amount of mass, but less volume. So no, there is not less mass.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My buddy kept bringing up the fact that it's so light when we were at the Apple Store! Then again, he is still running an iPad 1 :eek:.

9. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

i was sceptical until I got air2 this morning, it is noticibly thiner than Air, it is also way faster. I own all ipads models besides very first one and this is the most impressive by far. Finally 2gb of Ram and glare reducing screen!!!

10. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

iPad 4 or earlier will be a startling difference.

I really don't see how you can notice a difference going form an Air to an Air 2. 0.04 pounds, as someone in another thread pointed out, is the weight of a snickers candy bar. I doubt you'd notice that.

11. liquorice macrumors regular

liquorice

Coming from an ipad 2 the weight difference is noticible :D

12. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

My iPad just floated away. Come back iPad! Come BACK!

13. cannono macrumors regular

The weight change isn't noticeable if you aren't comparing side by side, but the thinness is brilliant. It is the the world's thinnest tablet, after all.

14. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I set my Air 1 aside for a day, and only used the Air 2. When I picked up the Air 1 again, it felt like a much bulkier tablet than the Air 2. It felt thick(!!!). I'm digging the Air 2's thinner chassis.

15. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

The Air is heavier than the Air 2 for 34g (WiFi + Cellular version), which is 0.075lbs, and actually less weight than a snicker bar (Net weight 58.7g)!

While the weight reduction is not that noticeable, the thickness difference is quite obvious. Now an Air 2 + Smart Cover roughly equals to an Air 1 without any cover.

16. bobright macrumors 601

Neither did I

17. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Me, three.

18. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Compared to what?

I am amazed by the weight compared to an iPad 1/2/3/4.

I am pleased by the weight compared to an iPad Air

I am ok with the weight compared to an iPhone 6.

I am underwhelmed by the weight compared to 20 sheets of white paper.

I am disappointed by the weight compared to a Mylar birthday balloon from Chuck E. Cheese Pizza Time Theater.

19. addictzz macrumors 6502

I am more pleased with the thinness. I didn't think I could actually feel the thinness due to 1mm shave.

20. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I just upgraded my iPad 3. The difference isn't as nitpick lie as I thought it'd be, but still noticeable.

21. Devyn89 macrumors regular

Devyn89

I notce it for sure. I had an iPad 2 a number of years ago and the difference for me is huge. It's actually one of the main reasons I opted for the air 2 instead of the mini 2 when I sold my first mini. I felt the iPad 2 was too heavy to hold for that long but the air 2 doesn't feel that way to me at all. It's so light and thin, and I used to think those things didn't matter but they really do for me now.

22. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

Coming from an iPad 3 to and air 2, yes I am amazed.

23. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Ok I will check it out this weekend to see the difference. :apple:

24. iLLUMI macrumors 6502

Floatgate :p

25. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Totally agree. My Air is very light and svelt. No vibrations or LCD distortions either. Hehehehehe

:D