Are you sure about which one you are getting??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 12, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

Am I the only one who has (a) spent way too much time thinking about the Apple Watch and (b) has changed his mind way too may times about which one he's getting?

In order:

1. Space Grey Sport
    2. Silver Sport with black rubber strap
    3. SS with black leather loop
    4. SS with Milanese loop
    5. SS with classic buckle

and now

6. SS with black rubber strap

Yes. That's definitely the one I'm getting. Definitely.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

I am sure you are not alone. LOL

I'm jumping between none, and milanese loop. LOL :). It's gonna be hard for me to justify buying a luxury item for myself.

3. leenak macrumors 68020

I've been pondering not getting one but I know I will. The battery life is a major concern for me because I don't have a good track record of plugging devices in daily. My iPhone knows the red bar more than the average iPhone :)

4. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

5. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

My problem is that I want to order one online as soon as possible because I want to get the watch in time for my birthday. (Actually, it'll be two days late, but who's counting?)

I've vacillated on the straps because I just don't trust the Apple pictures. I really need to see these things in real life to be sure. Or at least to see decent photos or videos. And there aren't enough yet.

So in getting the black rubber strap, which is fine, I'll get the watch when I want it. And I'll pick another strap once I've had an opportunity to see them in real life. But I'm in no rush to do that. It can be a Christmas present -- mix the watch up a bit, keep it interesting. (And then again next year instead of buying the Apple Watch 2.)

6. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Before the March 9th event I was decided on the 42mm SS with link bracelett, then the 38mm SS with link bracelett and black modern buckle, now back to 42mm SS with link bracelett and now with the black sport band as well. I'm sure my mind will change a few more times.

7. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

The only thing I am totally sure about is that I am getting one.

I am leaning toward SS with leather loop, but I may start out with the sports band first and try some different straps out as well. Plus deciding on a color for the leather without seeing them in person is tough.

8. rjlawrencejr macrumors 6502

Space grey sports 38mm. Unwavering since September.

9. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I'm thinking either:

1. Space Gray Aluminum with Black Sport Band
    2. Silver Aluminum with White Sport Band, and maybe extra Black Sport Band
    3. Stainless Steel with White and/or Black Sport Band

I don't think I could mess this up too bad.

10. BMox macrumors 6502

BMox

I don't think it's possible to get the Silver Sport with a black strap....?

But yes - I too have been pondering which one to get.

As it stands right now it's the 38mm Sport with White Strap with an extra black one bought for good measure.

11. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

For me it was:

1. SS with Link Bracelet
    2. SS with Black Sport Band
    3. Space Gray Sport with Black Band
    4. Aluminum Sport with Black Band
    5. Space Gray Sport with Black Band
    6. SS with Black Sport Band

Now its definitely the Apple Watch SS with Black Sport Band. Also may purchase black or brown leather loop in the future.

12. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Edition is expensive but it's the product Apple wants us to own to experience the best of all facets of Apple Watch.

13. P4ulypops macrumors member

P4ulypops

After doing the 'real watch size' thing on the Apple Store app, and knowing that the Sports can only have the plastic bands (is that right? even third party?)......I'm going for the 38mm stainless steal with white plastic band, until I can save up for different straps.

14. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

The sports edition can use any of the bands, although the metal color and finish of the sport and the SS watches are different, so the SS bands won't quite match the sports watch. I'm sure that there will be plenty of third party options for all the watches in the coming months.

15. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

No, it's not, but you can buy the black rubber strap as an extra, which was my plan.

I'm feeling more comfortable with this final decision than any of my other final decisions, i.e. to get the SS with black sports band and then get another strap later on when I know what they're really like.

16. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'd like to throw out the argument that if you get the SS version you then have access to ALL of the bands in that collection at a later date, should you choose to buy one. Personally, I plan on getting a 42mm SS w/ the Milanese loop & then a green sport band for exercise. I may buy one of the leather bands at a later point in time. I really wanted the link bracelet (I really really wanted the space black link bracelet), but it's out of my budget.

17. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

That was one of the arguments that shifted me from getting the Sport. It feels like a one-shot deal with no flexibility.

I like the idea of freshening up my watch by buying a new strap every six months or whatever. You can't do that with the Sport. (Well, you can, but I don't think it would work.)

18. BMox macrumors 6502

BMox

As is mine.

In an ideal world I'd probably go for the SS, but having gotten the OK from the wife to get the Sport edition, I don't think it would go down too well if I forked out another £180 just so the straps match....

19. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I've finally settled on the SS with Link. However, if at 9pm on April 9 when the preorders open in Hawaii (if they do midnight CA) I will get SS Sport based on estimated shipping date as listed on the web site. I go on vacation on May 11 and absolutely need to have the watch for at least a week or I will wait until I return.

I must say I am very happy with AT&T's new data plans for travel in Europe. $30 for a month of unlimited texting and all the data I am likely to need outside my hotel is GREAT.

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Hands down I am getting the SS model. I have my mind set on the Milanese band but I need to know:

- How strong the magnets are to see how secure that band is
    - How the band feels.

Depending on above I may go with the classic buckle instead.

21. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I wanted the Milanese band but decided I did not like the look for ME when I saw it in a hands on video.

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I may feel the same way but a video is not the same as in person so I'll wait and see. The classic buckle is so plain I don't really want that one either. Not a fan of the leather bands but may consider. who knows.

23. technosix macrumors 6502a

I'm completely positive. I'll be buying the second generation Apple Watch. You know... The one with far longer battery life, a full compliment of proven apps, improved buttons and case refinements.

In the meantime I'll sit back and watch the show. #

24. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Your points have some flaws in them.

Better battery life can be achieved:

- With improvements in battery tech (Which I don't see happening in 1 year)
    - Bigger battery (The 2nd gen may be thinner, lighter but I don't see it being bigger to house a bigger battery)
    - Sofware tweaks (Whatever apple does to the software to improve battery life will also apply to the 1st gen watch as well).

Full compliment of proven Apps:

- Whatever apps the 2nd gen gets, so will the 1st gen unless they add a hardware feature (like the S version iPhone) that is unique to it.

Improved buttons and case refinements is definitely going to happen but it doesn't make the 1st gen less usable because of it.

25. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

For me, either Watch sport in space gray, black sports band, and extra black leather loop; or watch sport in silver aluminum with Milanese band