Are you using control panel?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Black Magic, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Black Magic, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014

Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

While in theory I think Control Center is good idea. In practice though, I find myself rarely using it. Flashlight being the app I use the most frequently in control panel. Are there others out there that use the heck out of this feature or is this something that you rarely use as well? I'm wondering if it needs to be tweaked to add a little more value. Your thoughts?

2. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I use it all the time to control my music, turn off wifi, Bluetooth, and do not disturb.

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

4. alannow macrumors newbie

It would be great to have the ability to customize the control panel buttons (as I never use the calculator, timer, flashlight, or airdrop). If I could replace these with settings, mail, or safari, I would definitely use it every day.

5. JohnLT13 macrumors 6502a

JohnLT13

This^^^^^^. If I could customize then it would be of more use to me.

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I use it very infrequently, for the portrait lock and the flashlight. If it were programmable then I would use it far more.

7. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Yes, every day
    Orientation lock
    Brightness
    Music
    Flashlight
    Timer (mainly to get to Alarm quickly)
    Camera

8. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Yes, many times a day for DND, flashlight, occasionally music and camera.

9. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I use it for pretty much everything except Airdrop and Bluetooth. I use Flashlight fairly often, music controls constantly, camera and clock daily, calculator pretty often (particularly at the gym).

What really, REALLY needs fixed is the pulldown menu. It's worthless.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Use it a lot at least for the camera so that I can access it the same way pretty much from anywhere. Sometimes for some other things like some of the toggles, flashlight, calculator, etc.

11. 7thson macrumors 6502a

7thson

I'll add my voice to the echo and to say that I use it everyday, many times a day. I'd love to be able to customize it, but I'm not overly optimistic Apple will deign to grant us such liberties.

12. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

13. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I use it all the time. Even more so with some of the tweaks out there for JB'ed devices.

14. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I use it frequently to turn airplane mode on/off, wifi on/off, play, pause and switch tracks in music and adjust brightness and volume.

This is a very useful feature for me.

15. atmc macrumors regular

It is a usefull feature, but I don't use it a lot. I leave bluetooth and wifi always on. Basically I just use it for AirDrop, Do Not Disturb, and for other specific situations.

It would be good if we could switch off/on cellular data from Control Center. Not that I use it a lot (in fact, I have it always on), but in some specific situation if I need to save battery it would be good if I could do this from CC.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I find it very useful and use it quite often. I've moved off the iPhone (still use it for the iPad) and its one area that I find lacking on my current phone.

17. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

18. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

19. cablechris macrumors newbie

I made the move to iOS from android because of it. I used a widget on my other phones for all of that stuff and I used it all the time. It was something I was not going to give up on a phone. When I seen that iOS 7 was going to have the same I bought on launch day 9/20!

20. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I use it all day. Erry-day.

Seriously though - I use it multiple times a day for: Volume, Brightness, DnD and Orientation Lock.

21. cynics, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

cynics macrumors G3

Are you using control panel?

All the time. It'd be easier for me to list the things I don't use in control panel then things I do.

Edit : I just looked and I use everything in control panel near daily. The exception is the torch, only because my EDC includes a dedicated flashlight. But I'll still use it on occasion.

22. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

I use it many times every day, one of the best iOS 7 features. Very welcomed addition. I toggle Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Orientation Lock multiple times each day.

23. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

There's not a day that goes by where I have not used Control Centre. It's a really welcome addition to iOS for me.

24. initwithnibname macrumors member

25. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

multiple times a day every day

brightness
    flashlight
    wifi
    timer (to get to alarm)

etc

i understand how customization could be useful, but also get apple's desire to keep things consistent across devices. if CC went full screen like notification center, there'd be room for more (iOS 8?). not to mention larger screen iphones could allow for more as well.

the only thing i hate is how the screen gets dimmed when control center is pulled up (in ipad). difficult to adjust to the right brightness and find myself going back and forth to get it right.