Around when can we expect the next macbook pro update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mas1091, Aug 27, 2010.

  1. mas1091 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #1
    Around when can we expect the next macbook pro update? So I really want a macbook pro 13 cause the size just hits the sweet spot for me but iv'e been waiting for the next update so i wont be stuck with a core 2 duo processor. But i want to know around the next update will be because if its sometime before the end of October i can hold of and wait, but if its gonna be later then October then i think im just gonna go ahead and get one now. I mainly do alot of wed surfing, alot of music, light video editing and maybe some mid core games every now and then. What do yall think? should i just wait for the next update? Or do you think i should just get it now and the current core 2 duo one will be fine for me? thx
     
  2. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2010
    #2
    Buy a used one now and resell it when the rumors of the next refresh come out.
     
  3. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    #3
    * rolls eyes and mutters, “ugh. this thread again” *

    Just wait till somebody who feels like typing out a detailed list of reasons why a core ‘i’ series isn’t going to work in a 13” MPB. And why a C2D is better in most situations for that form factor.
     
  4. mr.steevo macrumors 65816

    mr.steevo

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2004
  5. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2010
    #5
    Expect a full redesign at some point next year too...
     
  6. Bentastic10 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Location:
    Southern England
    #6
    Next Year??

    Would the update next year for the Macbook Pro come before September?? As I need a new Macbook by then, and if there's a new one possibly coming out before then I can wait, but if not I'll get one now! :)
     
  7. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #7
    As no one besides Apple and the relevant affiliates know such stuff, MR was so kind to offer the MR Buyer's Guide. It is often used to give the one(s) asking, a proper answer, even if only estimated.

    Then one other member, let's call him edesignuk, was so kind to offer MRoogle, a search tool to look for all the answers to questions, that get asked every day or week, thus dozens of hundreds of thread exist about those issues, including the next redesign, the next possible update of any Mac, why the 13" MBP has no i-Core CPU (which can also be found outside of MR, but one would have to use a search engine anyway), and why we don't talk about the second season of SOA yet.
     
  8. ajphares macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #8
    No chance a new MBP comes out in the next 4 days. Buy one now.
     
  9. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #9
    Read again:



    And to answer that question, yes.
     
  10. mas1091 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #10
    So then i should just get one now since there's a very slight chance of a update by the end of October.....??
     
  11. elpmas macrumors 68000

    elpmas

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Location:
    Where the fresh snow don't go.
    #11
    Probably the best advice yet. I'm getting tired of people posting things such as "omgzzz this again?!", this gets more annoying than the individuals who posts threads about their curiosity.
     
  12. spinnerlys Guest

    spinnerlys

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2008
    Location:
    forlod bygningen
    #12
    It is highly unlikely, but it may happen.
     
  13. mas1091 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #13
    alright then..
     
  14. stefan1975 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2010
    #14
    my guess would be mid 2011 ... with maybe a p9xxx C2D minor update before that.

    if you need it now you should buy it now, or a 2nd hand / refurb / old stock model since they all have the old p8xxx c2d cpu and shared graphics. they are all kind off outdated. wait if you can ... but a long time.
     
  15. mas1091 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #15
    alright thx
     
  16. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #16
    I really wonder if people even bother doing a quick, brief, search/browse. I bet you would find a thread like this on the first three pages of the Macbook Pro forum.

    I understand that you might be new and not familiar around here, but theres been too many of these threads to count.

    March next year, just like the 08" Macbooks came out (I think those were the ones) or it was something like that. I bet Apple will just push the updates out then.
     
  17. mas1091 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #17
    yeah i understand, and i did do that but i kinda have different situation so that's why i went ahead and made the thread.
     
  18. revelated macrumors 6502a

    revelated

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2010
    #18
    My guess: You won't see a Core i processor in the next 13". Just a guess, I could be wrong. Problem is that there really isn't that much benefit between the i3 (the only one cool enough to go in the 13" IMO) and the Core 2 Duo. Just an opinion.

    In any event, why not just get the 13" now and get a SSD? The thing will be screaming fast.
     
  19. mas1091 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2010
    #19
    alright thx, yeah i just might do that
     

Share This Page