[ask] How to restore/fix Lion 'recovery partition'?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by nixbsd, Jun 30, 2011.

1. nixbsd macrumors newbie

How to fix/repair Lion recovery partition, without re-installing the OS again?
    I changed the partition scheme, thus 'damaging' the recovery partition accidentally.. :(
    I just realized the 'importance' of this recovery partition, after trying to activate the full disk encryption but FileVault refused to continue, because the recovery partition has been damaged/broken..
    Thanks in advance :)

2. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Try to reinstall Lion as a repair install, somehow. Maybe you could put the installer on a USB stick and boot from that, and see if it offers an option to repair it.

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

I booted my system in target disk mode, created a 6 GB partition using Coriolis iPartition from another Mac, then restored the Mac OS X 10.7 image to the new partition. Press ALT upon restarting, select the Lion setup partition, and you're good to go. You can even wipe the Mac OS X 10.7 system and perform a clean installation from there.

4. davidpv macrumors newbie

#nixbsd Did you finally restore the recovery partition? Same thing happens to me, I changed partition scheme and recovery partition was damaged.