Ask me your questions/concerns about the size of the 6+

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
I've had a Galaxy Note 3 the past year so I can answer any question you have about having a big phablet like the 6+.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Can you put it in your pocket and forget that you have it? That's one of the things that I really like about the iPhone 5. Leaning towards the 4.7" but giving the Plus some consideration.

maybeiloveyou

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2006
california
I've played around with the Note 3 and I can text one handed but I'm wondering how you feel about it day to day? Like lounging in bed, or cup of coffee in one hand, etc.

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Can you put it in your pocket and forget that you have it? That's one of the things that I really like about the iPhone 5. Leaning towards the 4.7" but giving the Plus some consideration.
Absolutely. I still have those moments where it feels like there's nothing in my pocket, panic for half a second thinking I lost it, only to reach in and feel that the phone is still there.

I've played around with the Note 3 and I can text one handed but I'm wondering how you feel about it day to day? Like lounging in bed, or cup of coffee in one hand, etc.
It can be kind of annoying at times, as I will have to let it slide down in my hand to reach something at the top or use two hands real quick to reach/do something. The reachability/double touch home button is actually something I'm really looking forward to with the 6+ because I think it will eliminate this issue completely. Also, I have no problems with typing one-handed, especially with Swype.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
The reachability/double touch home button is actually something I'm really looking forward to with the 6+ because I think it will eliminate this issue completely. Also, I have no problems with typing one-handed, especially with Swype.
It's funny, because I've seen some people lament that it's a funky solution for reaching the top of the screen one-handed, but as someone who has owned 5" or bigger phones in the past, I would have happily used such a feature even on something as middle-of-the-road sized as the Nexus 5 when going one-handed. I think it's a smart way to deal with the problem, personally.

----------

Whats the fapability ? Can i hold it with one hand or must i balance it with my chin and one hand while fapping ?
You can fap with just one hand? No wonder people were complaining about bigger phones.

;)

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Whats the fapability ? Can i hold it with one hand or must i balance it with my chin and one hand while fapping ?
Had to look that one up. Married with three kids, thought I knew all the words for it. Learn something new everyday.

ccolaco

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
How does the phone feel when it's in a tight jean pocket, and you sit down. Or you sit with your knees bent holding your shins? Trying to get an idea how it feels in all types of situations.

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Do you think that you drop the device more (compared to smaller smartphones)?
No, I haven't noticed that I drop it more than any of my other phones I've had including the 4S.

Will it make me look more manly?
Absolutely :rolleyes:

I've found that the best way to hold it while fapping is actually upside down, doing a headstand, while balancing it on your chin. The headstand part is very important. ;)

It's funny, because I've seen some people lament that it's a funky solution for reaching the top of the screen one-handed, but as someone who has owned 5" or bigger phones in the past, I would have happily used such a feature even on something as middle-of-the-road sized as the Nexus 5 when going one-handed. I think it's a smart way to deal with the problem, personally.

Same here. The resize window thing with the Note 3 was better than nothing but I'd much prefer reachability.

How does the phone feel when it's in a tight jean pocket, and you sit down. Or you sit with your knees bent holding your shins? Trying to get an idea how it feels in all types of situations.
It's more noticeable in tight jeans as anything is really. It's never been uncomfortable though. Also, I've never sat with my knees bent while holding my shins, so I can't give you an opinion on that. :confused:

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Do you use a Bluetooth headset all the time or not embarrassed to hold a giant phone to your head?

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
I've found that the best way to hold it while fapping is actually upside down, doing a headstand, while balancing it on your chin. The headstand part is very important. ;)

Faptastic :cool:

xxray

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
Do you use a Bluetooth headset all the time or not embarrassed to hold a giant phone to your head?
I really don't think it looks as ridiculous as so many people on here make it out to be. But I also barely make any phone calls so it's not like I'm talking on the phone in front of people everyday either. Here's some images to help you get an idea of the size compared to your face:

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
Say you are wearing tight jeans I would imagine you'd have to take it out of your pocket when sitting down otherwise it would probably be uncomfortable no?

neile45

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2011
As a person who has had a Note 3 for 6 months now, this is not a fair comparison.
1. The iPhone 6 plus is narrower, hence it should be easier to hold one handed, and use one handed.
2. The iPhone 6 plus is thinner, hence it should be easier to hold and use one handed.
3. The iPhone 6 plus is taller, this is where the difference will be in pocketability, I believe. But remains to be seen.