Ask me your questions/concerns about the size of the 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxray, Sep 14, 2014.

1. xxray macrumors 6502

I've had a Galaxy Note 3 the past year so I can answer any question you have about having a big phablet like the 6+.

2. iMas70 macrumors 65816

Can you put it in your pocket and forget that you have it? That's one of the things that I really like about the iPhone 5. Leaning towards the 4.7" but giving the Plus some consideration.

3. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

I've played around with the Note 3 and I can text one handed but I'm wondering how you feel about it day to day? Like lounging in bed, or cup of coffee in one hand, etc.

4. xxray thread starter macrumors 6502

Absolutely. I still have those moments where it feels like there's nothing in my pocket, panic for half a second thinking I lost it, only to reach in and feel that the phone is still there.

It can be kind of annoying at times, as I will have to let it slide down in my hand to reach something at the top or use two hands real quick to reach/do something. The reachability/double touch home button is actually something I'm really looking forward to with the 6+ because I think it will eliminate this issue completely. Also, I have no problems with typing one-handed, especially with Swype.

5. mateen110 macrumors regular

Do you think that you drop the device more (compared to smaller smartphones)?

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

7. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Whats the fapability ? Can i hold it with one hand or must i balance it with my chin and one hand while fapping ?

8. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

It's funny, because I've seen some people lament that it's a funky solution for reaching the top of the screen one-handed, but as someone who has owned 5" or bigger phones in the past, I would have happily used such a feature even on something as middle-of-the-road sized as the Nexus 5 when going one-handed. I think it's a smart way to deal with the problem, personally.

----------

You can fap with just one hand? No wonder people were complaining about bigger phones.

;)

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Had to look that one up. Married with three kids, thought I knew all the words for it. Learn something new everyday.

10. ccolaco macrumors 6502

How does the phone feel when it's in a tight jean pocket, and you sit down. Or you sit with your knees bent holding your shins? Trying to get an idea how it feels in all types of situations.

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

You need to reddit more.

12. xxray thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I haven't noticed that I drop it more than any of my other phones I've had including the 4S.

Absolutely :rolleyes:

I've found that the best way to hold it while fapping is actually upside down, doing a headstand, while balancing it on your chin. The headstand part is very important. ;)

Same here. The resize window thing with the Note 3 was better than nothing but I'd much prefer reachability.

It's more noticeable in tight jeans as anything is really. It's never been uncomfortable though. Also, I've never sat with my knees bent while holding my shins, so I can't give you an opinion on that. :confused:

13. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Will women in my office think I have a perpetual erection?

14. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

They'll likely have an inkling that the new bulge is way too big to be your erection.

15. xxray thread starter macrumors 6502

Not unless they think an erection is attached to one of your legs and is a big, thin, flat rectangle. :p

16. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Haha good one

17. BSoares macrumors regular

Do you use a Bluetooth headset all the time or not embarrassed to hold a giant phone to your head?

18. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I've found that the best way to hold it while fapping is actually upside down, doing a headstand, while balancing it on your chin. The headstand part is very important. ;)

Faptastic :cool:

19. xxray thread starter macrumors 6502

I really don't think it looks as ridiculous as so many people on here make it out to be. But I also barely make any phone calls so it's not like I'm talking on the phone in front of people everyday either. Here's some images to help you get an idea of the size compared to your face:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have to admit, that was a good one.

21. Ayr macrumors 6502

Do you find it comfortable reading eBooks for long periods of time?

22. xxray thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, never had any problem with it.

23. Ayr macrumors 6502

Nice, that makes me happy. No.1 reason I'm going for the 6+ is to use to read eBooks instead of a bigger tablet. :)

24. rkoshack macrumors regular

Say you are wearing tight jeans I would imagine you'd have to take it out of your pocket when sitting down otherwise it would probably be uncomfortable no?

25. neile45 macrumors regular

As a person who has had a Note 3 for 6 months now, this is not a fair comparison.
    1. The iPhone 6 plus is narrower, hence it should be easier to hold one handed, and use one handed.
    2. The iPhone 6 plus is thinner, hence it should be easier to hold and use one handed.
    3. The iPhone 6 plus is taller, this is where the difference will be in pocketability, I believe. But remains to be seen.