Assistance Appreciated - signal sucks & can't ?*(%!^& deal w/it any longer!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KFCCON123, Nov 29, 2013.

1. KFCCON123 macrumors newbie

Apologize for 'tone'. I've 4s & been Sprint Business Client w/multiple lines 15+ yrs, so deal's excellent. Average technically, blogs & such confusing & overwhelming & can't ?*(%!^& deal w/cr@ppy @$$ signal any longer!!!

Decided to go all Apple, done so slowly & just one PC device (notebook computer) left, but don't know WTF to do re: constant lack of cell signal.

Please note, I'm 3rd generation resident of the Banana Republic (Miami, FL), where everyone can talk $#!+, but no one can do $#!+.

Need viable solution & if can't implement myself w/ease, then whom, what &/or where do I turn?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

2. pat park macrumors 6502a

Sprint is known for slow speeds and generally bad coverage in most areas. Other than changing to a different carrier with better coverage in your area, not much you can do.

I use Verizon and am very happy with the LTE coverage and no issues with the phone service, in my area.

3. KFCCON123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Verizon is known to be the industry leader in cellular reception.

I've AT&T for all else (literally), thus why I'm extremely hesitant to go there, but that 'situation' is an infinitely greater (l*$+<r?*(%, which is 'scheduled' to be dealt with over the Christmas Holiday!!!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, you lasted 15 years with Sprint?
    You got lots of patience my friend:)

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It will be a pain but isn't there a period of time where you can cancel service with no penalties, e.g., 14 or 30 days? Hop over to Verizon or AT&T or T-Mobile and see if their coverage fits into your usage.

I get great AT&T coverage at my house but my sis-in-law lives in an AT&T dead spot so she went to Verizon and now has great coverage.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I've been with them for 14 years. :D

Wasn't waiting for LTE back in 1999 though. ;)

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Follow this advice. Switch to AT&T.

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Love how people cry about their carrier when the simple solution is to switch.

10. JackieInCo macrumors 601

It depends on where you live with any carrier.

I was with Sprint when the first iPhone came out and switched to AT&T to get that iPhone. Then the iPhone 3G came out and I could not get 3G at my house or most of my area till almost a year later but it was extremely slow.

AT&T 3G speeds were non existent at my house and to this day, they still are. About all I can do at my house is make calls. Around town, I get about 10Mbps down on LTE and again at home, no LTE.

Verizon was just as bad on the 4S I had with them. No 3G/4G at my house but around town, I could get 1-2Mbps. At home, my phone frequently displayed the O instead of 3G/4G. All Verizon could tell me was to get that repeater thing or be patient and maybe one day I would have 3G/4G at my house, they had no idea when.

Finally dumped both AT&T and Verizon last January and switched to T-Mobile where I finally get LTE at my house, something AT&T and Verizon can't do! I've been with them ever since and bought a T-Mobile 5S last week. I get almost city wide LTE here and speeds are about 18-41Mbps downloads.

Obviously you can't try every carrier like I did but I'm sure you know people on Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile that you can ask how their service is on their phones.

People like to bad mouth T-Mobile but I can't say anything bad about them since they are the only ones who can actually get me reliable LTE/4G data at my house no matter what phone/device I use.