AT&T 3G issues in nyc?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBHockey, Feb 11, 2010.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

My 3g has been going from no bars, to no service, to searching, to full bars in a cycle that lasts about 2 minutes for the last 25 minutes or so. Lots of posts on twitter about it...anyone else seeing the same thing?

2. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Oh c'mon 30% dropped calls is average in NYC, stop complaining already.

3. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Same here! I was just standing in Midtown and I had EDGE most of the time and it would switch between No Service and Searching.

Wtf is up?

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Yeah, seriously, reception in NYC has sucked for as long as I've had a cellphone. I figure it's the signal addition and subtraction as they reflect off all the big buildings at all kinds of odd angles. Better get used to it.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It is widely known AT&T has problems in Manhattan Island. They are setting $18 B to fix it along with SFB

6. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Been having the same problems in Chicago. Downtown, Wicker Park, etc. Go from full 3G to E to No Service and all back around, from 1 bar to 5. It doesn't jump around this much in smalltown Louisiana.

Tonight, a group of us sat at a restaurant table on a main Chicago street. Five of us had iPhones, and we had to play the "stand by the glass door" game to get reception. Otherwise, our phones displayed a consisted No Service all the way around.

Meanwhile, the guy with the Verizon phone kept a full 3G signal the entire time. Someone remind me when the AT&T exclusivity ends?

7. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

What the hell are you talking about? Clearly this is a different issue.