AT&T 6+ (ONLY) with 11/9-11/27 Ship Dates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slimbutnotshady, Sep 21, 2014.

1. slimbutnotshady macrumors newbie

I thought I'd make a thread for the bottom dwellers lol. I don't expect to get mine anytime soon, but I thought it'd be nice to make a post for us.

My info:

Ordered 64GB SG+ at 5pm on the 12th. Received a conformation text immediately but not a single thing since.

Anyone in this date range heard anything?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Yes, I received a confirmation e-mail and an e-mail a few days later saying my ship date hasn't changed. :)

3. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Ordered a 64 gig plus silver at 3pm on the 12th, still stuck with 11/27 dates that have never changed.

4. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

I think there are other ways to get your phone earlier if you want.

5. slimbutnotshady thread starter macrumors newbie

Ugh. Isn't it the worst? Here's to hoping we get a sooner date...I hope the next 2 weeks because I'm moving the 16th of October and I don't EVEN wanna deal with changing that address wirh AT&T and the shipping party

6. JFC macrumors member

Any advice you have on how to speed up a shipment from AT&T would be great.

7. Clittlefield macrumors member

8. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

There isn't any way to speed up delivery but I can tell you how to get it sooner.

If you have your phone ordered and locked in for delivery through a contract and subsidized price, you're going to have to go back to the store you ordered it from and cancel it. :eek: I know, I know, crazy right??

Once you cancel it in the system, go to the Apple website and go to the iPhone link. Hit "Buy Now" and select the model you want and the carrier associated.

Once you do that, just below phone you'll see "check store availability." Hit that, put in your zip code in the popup box and you'll see your surrounding stores. Most of them will show "unavailable for pickup" but you may hit that gold nugget. The absolute best time to check is right after midnight but I tried my luck 2-3hrs before store opening and got success.

I just did it yesterday but couldn't lock it in because I didn't cancel my order with ATT as my contract was locked in to that already ordered phone. But today I did it and tonight I have my iPhone 6 Plus 64Gig in my possession.

A couple of caveats.. if you're willing to drive a little distance (only in case its mandatory) then this may be more viable for you.

I had the same delivery date and I didn't want to wait so long.

9. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Except I can't do any of that. I used a pay to upgrade from att to pay off my 12 month next and return my phone. If I cancel my order and don't pick a new phone att won't let me return it. Trust me I already tried to order from Apple on another line and return my phone. No go. And that's why my order was placed so late. I originally had launch day delivery. :(

10. Clittlefield macrumors member

Thanks for the advice! Will do!

Your best bet might be to see if Att gets inventory in? Not sure there is a way to check online?

11. Clittlefield macrumors member

Att error

So on launch day since my ATT had no 6+. I went ahead and placed an order with them. Since the 19th I consistently get this message:

E0019: We were unable to find your order. If you have recently made a purchase, please verify your order confirmation number or search using your wireless number. You may also check your order status by dialing 877.782.8870.

Can anyone else see their order on ATT? I'm going crazy here!

12. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I would not worry about dates much. I ordered yesterday (9/21) and have a ship range of 10/29-11/7. No way I should get mine before the folks that ordered on the 12th.
    SG 128 6+

13. CBeckstrand macrumors member

I ordered a 6 and 6+ late on the 12th. The 6 came already and my 6+ never got bumped up from the end of Nov. estimate.I chatted a few times with ATT and was told once it would ship Oct. 30th and the next time the Nov. date was correct. I had them cancel and ordered through Apple. I may still have gotten it earlier through ATT but I did not want to risk waiting 2 months instead of 1.

14. Kimmiewon macrumors member

With all the recent posts in other threads about people canceling and ordering through Apple or picking up in the store...has anyone gotten an updated ship date?

15. Clittlefield macrumors member

Not even an update

All i get is an error message... Hope my order is actually in a queue. :confused:

16. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Have a ray of hope for you. My shipping date has always been November 27th. You can read above where I posted. I got shipment notification today for delivery tomorrow. Good luck all!!

17. Clittlefield macrumors member

Oh wow! So happy for you! I would freak! It still says they can't find my order...

18. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I am totally freaking. I didn't expect it to get shipped for forever. Glad I ordered a case!

19. takaiguchi macrumors member

Awesome!

20. SuperCub macrumors member

877 number still says backordered... I might have a phone by Thanksgiving. Maybe.

21. jenaviveuk macrumors newbie

Ordered 6+ 128gb gold on 9/13. Shipping date 11/9-11/27. No change in status. Called the 877 number and it can't locate my order. :eek:

22. rhwd2003 macrumors newbie

I ordered a 128 sg in the store on 9/15 and my order via the 877 number says processing does you guys order say the same? It is for in store pickup.

23. Clittlefield macrumors member

Att

I called the number and told them I couldn't even see my order. They apologized and said it would be fixed in 24-48 hours.... We'll see... :(

24. Clittlefield macrumors member

Hey so I ordered on the 19 after finding no pluses at my store. I just an hour ago got an email saying they have my order for 11/2-11/27 shipping. Wop wop.

Luckily I was able to secure a 6+ today for I store pick up on a different line... Whew!

25. rhwd2003 macrumors newbie

Anybody else on the 11/9 date when you call the 877 number that its processing? Wondering if that means mine will be shipping soon. 128GB SG