AT&T Ain't All That Bad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnyxhuynh, Aug 11, 2009.

1. johnnyxhuynh macrumors regular

johnnyxhuynh

Naturally, I read a lot about all the issues and grievances folks have. I've had my iPhone 3GS for nearly two months now... I have no complaints!

I was originally debating whether or not I wanted to unlock the phone for use on T-Mobile, but ever since porting my number over to AT&T, I have had better voice coverage and 3G is great for doing all the wonderful things you can do on the iPhone :)

Absolutely love my iPhone!

Anyone else?

2. astonecold83 macrumors member

No complaints here......Love the iPhone and being loyal to AT&T for over 7 years. :D

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Playing Devils Advocate...

I too have had absolutely no problems with At&t service wise- Great coverage and pretty good customer service...

The only issue I have is there delays with the recent release...

You may love your iPhone 3G S now, but wait until you have fully unlocked all it's capable of!

Even though you may think you won't use MMS or tether, maybe you'll find that it can be a life saver.

5. jacobgaul macrumors regular

i personally LOVE at&t yeah they can be ****ers with customer support thats why its amazing to have a fan account, depending on how big your fan is you always seem to get better support, i have a boeing fan discount and i have no problem getting what i want.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

just keep in mind

those that are the unhappiest always tend to bark the loudest while everybody else goes about there business this is true for any company. Think of how many times you heard somebody complain about a business now how many times has somebody talked good about a business that is the rarity so I guess that make you a rare person. same here over all better service from AT&T, Verizon or sprint.

[​IMG]

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

+1 also. I've had the for about as long. I have none of the problems that others have had and customer service has always been good for me, amazingly.

8. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

Im a fan member I still dont get good customer support, while I always have 5 bars of 3g, and I mean always except in subways. I am very dissapointed with there customer support and there failurer to deliver mms at the 3.0 launch that is my only grief with them.

9. MasterTick macrumors 6502

I don't mind ATT, been with them since they were Bell South

10. andrewwg94 macrumors member

+1. i've been with att for 6 years. coverage is even better on the 3g network where i live. i get 5 3g bars 99% of the time.

11. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Still no 3G in upstate NY. I'm only 60 miles from NYC. Really AT&T?

12. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

i love att

i have been with att/cingular for about7 or 8 years and have never had a dropeed call

13. TheMBC macrumors 6502

I've been with AT&T since before they completely bought out Cingular. No complaints whatsoever here. It's been about 4 years.

14. za9ra22 macrumors 6502

I don't think there's really much to choose between any of the main cellular service providers in terms of quality of customer support, and not much in terms of service coverage either. I was with US Cellular, which I liked despite the fact they routinely messed up my voice mail and had the worst choice of handsets I've seen since the early 90s in northern England.

I switched to AT&T with the arrival of the iPhone, and while there are places I regularly go where US Cellular had service and AT&T doesn't, and there's no hint of 3G coverage within hundreds of miles of where I live and work, the benefits of the iPhone make it worthwhile to have swapped.

15. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Switched from Sprint a few years ago to Cingular. With Sprint I had to stand on my porch outside facing south to get a bar, and it seemed no matter where I went there were dead spots. With Cingular (later of course ATT) I have NEVER had an issue no matter where I went. But that's just towers, and towers don;t make "good "service". If we're talking customer service both are identical, i.e. excellent. But here's my biggest complaint for EVERY cell carrier: "Why so %@%#$-ing expensive? I have 3 family phones, one an iPhone with the internet and my daughters has a 200 text message limit per month. 700 minutes is 69.00, plus 10 for each phone plus 30 for internet plus 5 for texting. That's WAY over 100 a month JUST in regular charges, not including overages, tax, etc. Thank GOD ATT to ATT mobile is free or my monthly phone bill would be a billion dollars. We are to the point we are SERIOUSLY considering dropping the land line altogether. That would save about 50-60 a month I think.
    I HATE being raped, but there are no viable alternatives.
    My daughter texted me the other day.
    She owes me 20 cents.
    OH AND WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY 20 cents for every text message when I don't WANT text messaging?
    Bah, pass the KY.

16. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I switched before the iPhone was available mainly out of frustration with Sprint and their horrendous billing issues. the ironic thing is, I was having dropped call issues with a Treo 750 at the time, but then they cleared up around the time I got the iPhone. Haven't had issues since.

17. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

i don't have any issues with at$t either.... we've been with them since they were cingular!

18. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

My parents are considering dropping their home phone too but since they have had the number for over 20 years they want to keep it. Solution: pay AT&T $10 extra per month and have the number switched to a cell phone. We have been looming at Xlink's Bluetooth adapter to use your regular house phones to talk on your cell. Yes, it uses cell minutes but the "home phone" number will only cost you $10 per month instead of $50-60.
    http://www.myxlink.com/xlink_bt.aspx
    hopefully that helps, even if you ended up needing to add some more minutes to your plan it would still be cheaper than the traditional phone line.

19. wilheldp macrumors member

I was with Verizon for 7+ years, and I can count on one hand the number of dropped/failed calls I had with them. I had more than that on my new AT&T serviced iPhone...YESTERDAY. The dropped calls and lack of service where my previous Verizon phones had perfect service is frustrating at best.

20. sommls macrumors member

I suspect if you're in a major metropolitan area, service providers are less an issue than elsewhere.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the service in Boston with ATT is not so different from service from Verizon. By contrast, it gets a bit spotty in northern NH/VT. But nothing that is a deal breaker, unless of course you live in a flat area.

21. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

People have complained about cellular service from its inception. Get over it - the grass IS always greener on the other side. As long as we in the US prefer to pay for cheaper/subsidized phones, locking us into long term contracts, we deserve what we get. If the cellular companies competed NOT by offering the sexiest phone/devices, and instead had to compete on service offerings ALONE, there is little real pressure to invest in the latest network cababilities/stability.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/celsatis.htm
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4311258.html

22. earld43 macrumors newbie

I find it funny when people say they wont leave verizon to get the iphone. While I agree that verizons cell service is better overall that at+t those people are really missing out on owning an iphone. Its a life changer, i love it.

23. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Wow, you must've just missed out. I'm about 50mi from NYC and I get 5 bars of 3G