AT&T APN Settings

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by al256, Oct 24, 2012.

1. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I have an unlocked iPhone 5 that's using a backup from my old iPhone 4S that was on Straight Talk. Everything works but MMS. I setup MMS by editing the backup.

I'm back on AT&T and need the proper APN settings including MMS for my iPhone. I tried Googling but as you'd expect there's plenty of references to setting installing profiles and some wishy-washy answers where I could type in a username/password or not.

I've swapped the SIM card to access the Cellular Data menu with my AT&T SIM installed and just need someone to kindly provide me with their known, working settings.

OR (if necessary) you could pretend I'm some "bloke" on "holiday" with an AT&T "tariff" trying setup his "mobile."

'wanker'

Attached Files:

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

3. al256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

al256

Hey thanks for the reply. I was able to get the correct settings by typing in incorrect settings then swapping the SIMs a few times. It loaded the attached settings which work for data and MMS.

Attached Files:

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Looks good to me :)
    No LTE coverage in CO iirc, so I guess you can't test if those settings work for LTE. They should though, since it detected it by itself, Im guessing

5. al256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

al256

Yeah, no LTE here.

The whole situation was just so strange. I read about plenty of users losing their ST settings after upgrading to iOS 6 but that didn't happen to me. When I got the iPhone 5, I set it up using my iCloud backups which correctly copied the edited MMS settings from the backup. Then I paid for the unlock and ordered an international SIM. The first time I installed that SIM and removed it, I couldn't get visual voicemail for a few days.

Finally I got tired of not having proper MMS settings and googled all over looking for those **** APN settings and came here in desperation. But persistence and fiddling paid off. Even visual voicemail is working (after a few minutes).