Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

AT&T Boned Us All

appledude411

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Anyone else feel that way?

Ordering plus phones at 3:00AM est and people who ordered at the Apple store (whoever could get through) ordering SEVEN hours later are getting their plus phones on launch day.

Unreal. I'm dropping them as a carrier and switching to Verizon who is getting plus phones for their carriers on launch day.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)

Ordering plus phones at 3:00AM est and people who ordered at the Apple store (whoever could get through) ordering SEVEN hours later are getting their plus phones on launch day.

Unreal. I'm dropping them as a carrier and switching to Verizon who is getting plus phones for their carriers on launch day.

Use me as a referral, so I'll get a credit. :D

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
anyone else feel that way?

Ordering plus phones at 3:00am est and people who ordered at the apple store (whoever could get through) ordering seven hours later are getting their plus phones on launch day.

Unreal. I'm dropping them as a carrier and switching to verizon who is getting plus phones for their carriers on launch day.

everyone feels this way!!!!!

vitacura

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
Why didn't you order directly through the manufacturer? Was there a reason you ordered via AT&T? This has happened year after year, I have found it is best to go directly through Apple.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
While I'd be upset too (I'm not so I can think a bit more rationally), what do you expect them to do? There is no magic production factory that can spit out as many phones as they need at will. I've called all local stores and not one received a single 6 Plus. They are definitely feeling the restraints. At the end of the day we have to realize, it's a PHONE. We will live to see another day by waiting a week or two. And I am NOT trying to be perceived as morally superior because I guarantee I'd be upset too, but it's easier for me to be rational when it's not me in the situation. Just breathe.

appledude411

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
why didn't you order directly through the manufacturer? Was there a reason you ordered via at&t? This has happened year after year, i have found it is best to go directly through apple.

i couldnt get through. Tried for 2 hours.

miamialley

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA

You got boned.

Attachments

• 200_s.gif
    200_s.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 29

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Why didn't you order directly through the manufacturer? Was there a reason you ordered via AT&T? This has happened year after year, I have found it is best to go directly through Apple.

I don't know why anyone would buy anywhere else than through apple. I haven't had any issues or even stepped foot in a cellular store since before the first iPhone came out.

Last edited:

appledude411

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I don't know why anyone would buy anyone else than through apple. I haven't had any issues or even stepped foot in a cellular store since before the first iPhone came out.

what part of the apple store was down for 2+ hours are you not understanding

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010

I almost got sucked into the AT&T thing after a 2 hour wait on the apple website at 3:00am EST. But then i thought about the 2yrs i did pre-order off them, and then i thought about all the other years i did not pre-order off them but read threads like yours countless times....DO NOT EVER PRE-ORDER FROM AT&T AGAIN..you learned your lesson this year, doesnt matter what time you order, don't trust them. Go right to the source:apple:

noah82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2008
San Diego, CA
I don't know why anyone would buy anyone else than through apple. I haven't had any issues or even stepped foot in a cellular store since before the first iPhone came out.

Because some of us are on an ATT business account and don't have a choice.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
Were you not able to order through Apple.com like everyone else who is getting their phone on launch day from Apple? I have AT&T, but I learned a long time ago not to rely on them for this sort of thing. I ordered from Apple, because they get stuff done.

appledude411

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
im gonna laugh when people that ordered from apple dont get their plus phones on launch day and its all BS

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010

Apple gets priority of inventory over the carriers. You did this to yourself by ordering with AT&T. I ordered through the Apple site and has a 3-4 week time-frame over AT&T's 2 month time-frame.

appledude411

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
The app store was not down simultaneously. It usually always survives over the site. RELAX, man. Stressing will not change a single thing about your situation. Nothing.

but if i pre order before everyone THREE HOURS in advance I should be ahead of them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.