Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irobots

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2014
ROFL.

you guys are too funny. 1 day, 1 week etc what's the material difference. sound like a bunch of kids.

on another note: I ordered from the apple site and i'm getting mine tomorrow =P

yes. i'm a jerk lol

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2010
Were you not able to order through Apple.com like everyone else who is getting their phone on launch day from Apple? I have AT&T, but I learned a long time ago not to rely on them for this sort of thing. I ordered from Apple, because they get stuff done.

AT&T didn't screw me over on the last 2 iPhone pre-orders, and my new iPhone 6 (not +) is out for delivery tomorrow.

But next time, I'm ordering from Apple. Why? I feel they have better customer service.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Lesson learned: you will get your phone faster with a 2 hour website glitch from Apple than "15 minutes early" from AT&T.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
ATT boned me, the + is 2 to 3 weeks out.
I showed them. I went to bestbuy the next morning, preordered a 6 and a new line.
Suck it ATT

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
what part of the apple store was down for 2+ hours are you not understanding

I think it's the part when you decided AT&T would be a BETTER option instead. No chance I would have even considered it. Now you know.

I agree that you probably won't leave, but if it makes you feel better to say that you will, more power to ya.

You're right, people were pre-ordering for launch day (6's) at 7AM. No excuse for trusting AT&T.

Enjoy Veri... nah... being mad at AT&T:p

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
what part of the apple store was down for 2+ hours are you not understanding

Here's a thought:

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, I was typing my response at the same time you were typing yours? And, as such, didn't see your response until after the fact?

It's a crazy idea, I know. Time is a real bee sting sometimes.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Ordering plus phones at 3:00AM est and people who ordered at the Apple store (whoever could get through) ordering SEVEN hours later are getting their plus phones on launch day.

Who ordered 7 hours after preorders began and is getting a 6 plus tomorrow? I checked it about 7 hours after and it said 3-4 shipping on all 6 pluses. Must be incredibly lucky.

Also check this thread, people with promised 9/19 delivery dates are getting pushed back.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1782818/

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Also. LOL @ switching carriers cause you didn't get your precious little iPhone on launch day. Why don't you boycott Apple since they can't keep up with demand while you're at it?

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Anyone else feel that way?

Ordering plus phones at 3:00AM est and people who ordered at the Apple store (whoever could get through) ordering SEVEN hours later are getting their plus phones on launch day.

Unreal. I'm dropping them as a carrier and switching to Verizon who is getting plus phones for their carriers on launch day.

I don't know how much control carriers really have over their supply or lack thereof, so I'm not sure why you're so mad at AT&T.

Last year I had to wait 2 months for my 5s despite ordering on the launch day (remember, no preorders for the 5s) because I had to order through a particular retailer in order to get a corporate rate plan. My point is that some vendors are obviously low on Apple's supply chain priority list. If the fault is with anyone, it's with Apple for not being able to produce a supply that meets the demand. Of course they will prioritize their own stores.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
I think it's the part when you decided AT&T would be a BETTER option instead. No chance I would have even considered it. Now you know.

Funny you say that...

When I couldn't get into the apple store for about 40 minutes I also put an iPhone plus in my cart on the at&t site. Went to check out and then realized- yeah, that's not a good idea.

Kept trying apple and finally got in. If I couldn't I would have just waited until another day.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
but if i pre order before everyone THREE HOURS in advance I should be ahead of them

I ordered on ATT before midnight Pacific time. ATT's confirmation email said it'd be delivered 9/19. The next day they said it'd be delivered 2 weeks after launch. I canceled it and ordered with Apple Friday afternoon. It'll be here tomorrow.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
Anyone else feel that way?

Unreal. I'm dropping them as a carrier and switching to Verizon who is getting plus phones for their carriers on launch day.

So let me get this straight. You went to AT&T because the Apple/B] store was down and are mad about your order.

The carriers just sell the stock that Apple gives them. The phones are in short supply because Apple failed to make enough of them for launch day. (and very likely diverted preorder stock to Apple stores).

The carriers are just middlemen in these sales. They get zero profit from selling the device itself. Their big hope is that you also buy some profit laden accessories, add a line or upgrade your service. Otherwise they don't make any money on the transaction. They just get to to be the fall guy when Apple leaves them holding the bag.

There are a lot of things carriers could do better (up to date tracking systems would be one) - but you didn't get 'boned' by AT&T. You got 'boned' by Apple....

But I get it. Your disappointed because you didn't get your new toy on Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.