Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
AT&T cancelled my order last year for no reason also.
They said something about using my Visa debit card but
could never give me a definitive answer.

Ordered my iPhone this year direct from Apple and I have
shipping info already! I will never order from AT&T directly
again.

iprime

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Same with sprint

I checked order status for sprint and it was canceled. I called Sprint and the rep said that there was an error with porting but they resolved it and issued me a new order no.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
and the back story is…? bad credit? wrong info sent to them? they don't cancel orders without a reason.

Then you apparently didn't see this forum when the iPhone4 was released

Multiple threads with many people having their orders cancelled for no reason.

I would agree that if a few had them cancelled, chances are that they put in something wrong...but the slew of people with issues? Too many

It happens

johnray10

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
and the back story is…? bad credit? wrong info sent to them? they don't cancel orders without a reason.

actually they do.. does no one remember the ATT order cancelling crisis that went on last year? their system cancelled hundreds of preorders for no apparent reason all across the country. i was one of those orders. the story broke on the internet first, so i called my ATT store and they told me everything looked fine with my order, then the next day, i receive the email saying my order had been cancelled. ATT had no excuses for it and basically told me i was SOL. they wouldnt even hold one of the extra phones they were receiving for first come basis, even though they knew i was one of the first preorders on the list at that store. terrible customer service. thats why i will never order another thing from them. half of the employees are morons too and dont have the slightest idea what they are talking about when it comes to iphones.

i ended up having to stand in line at the apple store to get it last year. this year decided to preorder on apples site. was hoping for an in store pickup though because it was actually pretty fun and entertaining being there for the release!

codelode84

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I agree. I really wished I would have just went in on Friday and got one instead of staying up all night. Just got off the phone with apple that order is on hold and may be canceled to. This just plains sucks. First order canceled for no reason wife's order thru apple.com about to be canceled. Spoke to a rep today that said bc I had to reorder could be 21 days. What did I do? Nobody knows why these orders are being cancelled. AT&T already sees that I have accepted terms.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.