AT&T Cancelled Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ezrhino, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ezrhino macrumors newbie

I ordered a 4S early Friday through the Apple Store. Just got this email:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Apple Store Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

We are unable to process your iPhone order because AT&T records indicate
    multiple orders for the same wireless phone number. Each AT&T phone
    number is eligible for only one iPhone at the quoted price.

Your iPhone order has been cancelled, and you have not been charged.

If your AT&T account is in good standing and you're receiving this
    message in error, please place a new iPhone order and reply to this
    email with your order information. If you place a new order in the next
    48 hours, we'll work hard to meet the original order's delivery date
    date. Please check your email for any additional changes.

Sincerely,
    Apple Online Store Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Checked my AT&T account and everything is in good standing and says I'm eligible for a upgrade. Placed a new order with Apple and sent reply with the details, hopefully they can meet the original delivery date.

Very frustrating!

2. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Not the first thread i've seen regarding this today. I doubt it will be the last either. This is why i'm with Verizon.

3. pogiboi macrumors regular

Was your order "Processing" or "Preparing for shipment"

4. ezrhino thread starter macrumors newbie

It was in "Processing."

I used the Apple Store app on my phone to place the order and not the website.

5. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

Trust me I would love to be with Verizon or Sprint but I need to be able to make calls and be on the phone at the same time. I also don't mind the extra speed I will have on the data side. Other than that I would probably be with Sprint right now b/c all of my wife's family is on there and it would have saved my some money.

6. ckwebz macrumors newbie

I got the same email today... also ordered via the Apple Store app. I did not place a new order, but instead called Apple right after receiving the email. They have escalated my order and told me to wait for a call or email from them (with no ETA... been 2 hours so far).

I may be switching carriers if this really is AT&T's fault. I only have one line... cannot fathom how I could have placed too many orders.

7. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

I would consider switching but I can't b/c I need to be able to call and use internet at the same time and the added speed of the H+ will be nice. AT&T knows they have us by the balls.:p

8. NoHo macrumors 6502

For those getting their orders canceled, had you already been charged for the phone?

I ordered through AT&T early Friday morning and they already charged me but my order says it's still in processing per AT&T's website.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I wonder if this will get to the major blogs or macrumors and Apple will have to respond to this.

10. codelode84 macrumors regular

codelode84

Yes I have four charges for phones. They told me it could take 7-10 business days to post, which sucks b/c I will have to pay the bill in full or I will owe interest.

11. NoHo macrumors 6502

If they canceled your order, but already charged your credit card for the phone, that's a big lawsuit waiting to happen.

12. lyrastar macrumors member

I ordered through Apple early Friday morning and they cancelled today and I still have the full amount in process on my CC - so they will probably just let it expire which really ticks me off because thats $200+ just unavailable on my card because of their error.

13. rkahl macrumors 65816

Why? Everyone knows when you return an item the credit is never instant.

14. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

Well you got the initial item you paid for in your scenario.

15. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Dunno about a lawsuit, but it could be an accounting regulation violation. Their not supposed to bill for orders that haven't been sent to customer already, so if they charge and then cancel they've broken that rule. Not too sure on the exact accounting regulations that apply, but I deal with them occasionally at work with some of our vendors and end of fiscal year orders, etc, as well as finishing up a second semester of accounting coursework.

But, ya, nothing is going to come of it in reality. :p

16. MorganB macrumors member

When they cancelled your order did your eligibility for upgrade automatically return ?

17. rkahl macrumors 65816

So they screwed up. Not lawsuit worthy.

18. ezrhino thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with Apple Store customer service. The customer service rep said if I responded to the email with the new order details within 48hrs I should get the phone on the 14th. I asked if they have been taking a lot of calls on this AT&T canceling issue and they said yes.

My new order still shows 1-2 weeks for the phone but the AppleCare+ now has a delivery date of Oct 14.

Attached Files:

19. lyrastar macrumors member

I just called Apple as well... they said I've done all I could do by responding to the e-mail and they are working as fast as they can. My new order shows delivery October 24-31 so I hope that that changes tomorrow.

20. ezrhino thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopefully, but to say I have severe doubts about getting our phones on the 14th would be an understatement.

21. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

yeah I didnt say it was lawsuit worthy, I was just saying your scenario isn't the same as this one.

22. lyrastar macrumors member

As do I - and I feel like if they can't do that they should be offering something else since this is clearly not something that we did. But I doubt anything will happen besides us getting our phones a few weeks late.

23. jay4959, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

jay4959 macrumors newbie

Mine did not. So I could not just reorder and inform apple.
    ATT ate my upgrade then canceled my order. ATT is "working" on it and I have a "case #."

14hr of my 48hrs have passed.

My 48hr is almost up. No matter ATT says will have it fix by the 19th so I can reorder my phone then.

ATT says the long wait is because these case#s are handled offline. (Paper and pencil?)

48 1/4 hr
    ATT case#worker called. She reset my eligibility. While she was trying figure out how to get me back in Apples Que she realized the system was not accepting her reset. Said she would have to send my case# up to the next level.
    10/14 ATT reset. Placed order. Delivery 10/27..11/3

24. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You are funny. I am willing to bet that the CC comaony has nothing but holds on the account and not real charges. If there were charges the OP would be getting his phones.

25. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

NoHo, they're not charging cards they've done a temporary hold to ensure funds are there when the item ships. You're not legally responsible for payment on a hold on your CC until the charge is physically made.

OP, did you try to order multiple phones on one line?