Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have AT&T 3g in your area.

• Yes, I have 3g

Votes: 163 81.5%
  • No, When am i going to get it

Votes: 37 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I can't recall the last time I didn't have 3G...

Me neither. I think it was sometime in fall of 2008. When I first got the 3G, there were some areas of spotty coverage, but I had 3G about 80% of the time. They gradually filled in, and I haven't had to revert to edge in a mighty long time. :D

Switz213

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2008
20 Minutes out of Philly, PA. In the suburbs. Usually have full 3G except for a few dead zones.

Chaos123x

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
I live in Delaware and I get full 3g bars everywhere, also get full bars in the philly area.

Sometimes when I go to Maryland I might get less bars but then it switches to edge at full bars.

Stunod7

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2008
I've had 3G in my area (Northwest Indiana) for several years. Probably helps that I'm so close to Chicago.

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
Hometown in Northern VA, yes
College town in small city in VA, considered fourth largest metropolitan region in VA, no. I do get wi-fi on school Grounds though, so I'll just turn 3G off while at school

hkip37

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2009
georgia
no..
earlier this year they decided to start rolling out 3g, and just put it in and around the stupid golf course where they play the masters. so I guess if I wanted 3g I'd have to start golfing.

makes no sense.. the only thing in that area is the golf course that gets crowded once a year for one week, some crappy apartments, and closed businesses

ratbatblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
We've seen a huge improvement in the Austin and Killeen, TX areas during the past 18 months. 3G has gotten stronger and more reliable. Add to that the benefits of the 3GS iPhone, and surfing/downloading using 3G is becoming a much nicer experience!

hsk

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2009
Austin, TX
I tried the iPhone back in late Feb/early Mrch and the service was horrible - did not even have good EDGE some of the time. 3g was in/out and you could have 5 bars in one place, go a mile and have 0 bars. I heard that Austin TX had been upgraded and I called to check towers in my area - and there was at least 2 more closer to me. I got a 3GS this weekend and 3G is rocking for me now. I still have a Sprint account and a Palm Pre. ATT's 3G is better than either - and I have been a long time happy Sprint customer. My SpeedTest numbers are double the speed on the 3GS vs. the Pre. The Pre is going back today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.