AT&T Fires Back at Verizon with their own ad...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FarSeide, Nov 18, 2009.

1. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

During tonight's "Dancing with the Stars", "Gary Unlimited" and "Criminal Minds", AT&T fires back at Verizon with their own ad.

It features Luke Wilson.

Please keep an eye out !

2. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well its on engadget also and well let the carrier wars begin :D

4. cababah macrumors 68000

I just saw the screenshot at engadget and know exactly what AT&T is going to try and say. I am already embarassed before even seeing the ad.

Verizon at least got creative with theirs and it was entertaining to watch, AT&T just has a stupid list with a celebrity (barely woopdidoo) and that nasty orange color.

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

well all in the end its going to benefit the end user. So lets just sit back and let At&t get some work done and verizon get some better phones. Its just that simple.

I must agree though At&t spending a bunch of money on some commercial when it can be going to something more useful.
    Engadget

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

They do make a point with many apps and hottest smart phones and simultaneous internet/talk.... it's just they need to step up in 3G coverage and up their EDGE networks so they meet ITU's 3G definition.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Seriously, that was a terrible ad. Jeez, AT&T needs to learn something from Apple on making ads.

8. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

I guess it really matters where you are but really I havent had problems except for 2 of my friends houses. One house I would be caught in between two towers and it would keep switching I would have a dropped call every time.

Now the second one has no signal for any carrier, my friend has verizon and theirs no signal and she lives right near a verizon store. Like 5 minutes by foot close.

But overall Ive never had a problem so I am satisfied. Especially with the talk and surf feature. :D

9. MTI macrumors 65816

When the time comes, and iPhone and AT&T get divorced . . . or agree that they can see other people . . . don't worry, I'm sure they'll still be friends, right? Like Ross and Rachel . . . :D

10. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Fine print of ad:
    "Applications are device specific."

I wonder what would happen to that 100,000 number if the iPhone were removed. :p

Really AT&T, take the money you spent on Luke Wilson and put it towards your network.

11. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

12. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Just turned off my PC to look at this on my iPod...damnit...

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Same here. Although an SSD makes things fast.

14. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Just got on my laptop, AT&T keeps spouting the same thing as that one chart they had comparing to Verizon. Honestly I lll agree with AT&T on fastest 3G network in terms of theoretical speeds but until they step there backhaul up I can't agree 100% with them. Also there advertisement sucks HARD. Its like when some kid can't come up with a good enough come back and just keeps repeating "well your stupid".

15. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I supposed its just compared to Verizon, but if we were to go off theoretical speeds then T-Mobile has the fastest 3G network, just very limited coverage.

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Now this is true. 21Mb/s goodness, bad thing, it's not everywhere.

17. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

No voice and data at the same time on Verizon. A big deal breaker for me.

AT&T may not be perfect but they do have an "edge" LOL.

18. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

All you AT&T haters do realize once you switch to Verizon when the iPhone eventually goes there you'll just bitch about their service too? Sure maybe not the 3g coverage, maybe the customer service, the $300 price tag for early termination of a smart phone etc...

19. nehunte macrumors 6502

nehunte

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell them they'll have nothing to bitch about. They won't have anything to live for after that, and the blood will be on your hands.

As for the ad.... Wow, just awful. I think Luke Wilson is great, but really? Why did they even need a celebrity? The whole "company that starts with the letter V" thing was beyond childish. Verizon just scored another win and didn't spend a dime in advertising this time.

20. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

21Mb/s?? Every speed test I could find says t-mobile 3g runs right around 1mb/s.

Edit: Now I see it, Philly only. Bummer

21. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

T-Mobile has this in very limited areas. (It's in Phoenix as well. Went live about 3 weeks ago.)
    Unfortunately they don't have the backhaul to fully support it.
    The towers are being updated with new hardware to support 21mbps, but the backhaul upgrades are not even on the schedule yet.

This was told to me by a T-Mobile tower manager. He's the husband of my wife's best friend.

22. Nine9si macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Lmao@spend the money on the network instead of the actor.

Very true.

23. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I've been saying this for a while as well. If Verizon does get the iPhone, and several million subscribers sign up and begin using the network for data and voice, we'll see people begin to complain about it. When you have so many phones using data, with the magnitude as the iPhone, it will slow down a network. Verizon would not be immune to the problems. AT&T is by no means perfect, but calling them the worst network in the country is a little much.