AT&T Guys Get Over It

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shadrap, Oct 6, 2011.

1. shadrap macrumors 6502

Look you aren't the only customers with access to the iPhone anymore. Now most people can get an iPhone.

Quit throwing out BS

HSPDA is superior: First thought when choosing a phone. What's the best carrier in your area? If they are on 2G or shotty coverage it doesn't matter how fast it is. Secondly unless you are downloading large files you probably aren't going to notice the speed. Why? I am glad you asked. It's called ping. Verizon's ping is fast averaging around 200. AT&T averages 350. This means if you are pulling 7mbps on AT&T and I am pulling 2mbps on Verizon our pages will open at the same pace.

Silmultaneous Voice and Data: Really? Have you watched the AT&T commercials? There is a guy at work, a guy at home, and a guy at the coffee shop. What do all 3 of these have in common? It's called wifi. Even AT&T can't think of a place where it's needed. LOL

Give it up. Everyone for the most part can have an iPhone and now it's a world phone, so you don't have that advantage either.

Everyone can now choose a carrier based on what's best for them.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I'm on AT&T
    And I'm Ok if you want to use something else

3. iPadThai macrumors 6502a

whoa, slow down the finger pointer there, son.

I can speak for others here as well when I say fk AT&T - If there was another solution to the simultaneous voice and data problem existing for CDMA VERizon and sprint, I would defect over there faster than AT&T charges me for data overages.

Fact is, in the USA, there isn't one single company that is as vast and (I hate to say this, provide good enough 3G performance) like AT&T. No one is jealous of AT&T; I'm sure everyone wants out if there were another option.

4. shadrap thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, and a lot are. Just a lot of I wouldn't get a 4s on a CDMA carrier stuff being posted.

5. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

6. red5ive macrumors newbie

7. diamondschwin macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Actually AT&T announced a while ago they are working on lowering ping times. I currently get 115ms and 6m down and 2m up in NYC. It does make a difference compared to my boss' Verizon iPhone.

8. imwa macrumors newbie

My firm doesn't have wifi therefore the benefit of voice and data is important to people like me. Not really sure what the point of your rant was anyways.

9. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

10. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

lol he mad ! he mad !

11. NoHo macrumors 6502

I prefer AT&T because I can talk and surf the web, send email, text, and do everything else at the same time, but the most important reason I prefer AT&T is because I have an unlimited data plan.

I will stick with whoever offers an unlimited data plan. If AT&T took mine away, I would move to Sprint.

I use between 1gb-5gb a month and that's just from doing normal stuff. If I ever had to pick and choose what I used my data on because I only have a 2gb limit, that would be a deal breaker.

My suggestion is go with whatever you can use an unlimited data plan on. With these phones becoming more and more advanced, you're gonna need it.

12. April Knight, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  13. mikejfrd macrumors regular

MR should charge you a bandwidth charge for posting this thread... Come to think about it, they should charge me for responding to it...

Everyone can have an iPhone now so pick a provider, order one, and get over it :apple:

14. Virance macrumors regular

I... I don't understand the point of this thread.

Are there legitimately AT&T customers who give a **** if other networks get the iPhone? Personally, as an AT&T customer I'm tickled more carriers are continuing to get the device - it only means good things for me.

1: More competition
    2: Less congestion on my own network
    3: More revenue for a company I support, leading to more R&D potential for future devices I may be interested in (not that Apple really needs it)

What are the negatives?

1: I'm... butthurt? I honestly can't think of a single reason why any customer would or should give a ****. Sounds like the O.P. is bitching about a random, non-existent notion for the sake of bitching.

15. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

1) My AT&T ping has always been faster than Verizon's in my area... I'd expect it to be the same for most people...

2) Why do people seem to ignore that Sprint arguably has the worst coverage of these 3 carriers...

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

oh boy he is!

17. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

We're not? Golly gee I thought we were.
    Oh my goodness, thanks for enlightening me.
    Whatever you say
    It is?
    Give up what?
    Oh that sounds just dandy
    May I laugh now ?

18. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I get 80 ms ping, 4.5 mbps download and 1.1 mbps upload in chicago. Sustained speed does matter if you are streaming audio and video, which I often do.

Tony

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP, my work does not have wifi that we can access without a company-provided device. Many are in this exact same boat.

Whatever your deal, I'm all for going with whomever has the best coverage for your immediate area.

20. james92se macrumors 6502a

Yeah, same here. I work in gubbamint and while we do have wifi I certainly don't want my personal cell phone on the network. Yeah, I'm paranoid ;)

And I love AT&T here in Dallas. I never have dropped calls, have unlimited data, get 3-5 MBps download speeds, and only pay $71 total after taxes each month.

21. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

I havent really noticed the AT&T snobbery here. I've noticed a type of elitist attitude towards Android, but either way i don't really care.

I'm on Verizon because AT&T has spotty coverage where I am. As does Sprint, so it's just more reliable. Also as someone else mentioned as to why they are with AT&T, I've been with Verizon for many years and have unlimited data. Much like the aforementioned AT&T user if I they took my unlimited data and some other carrier had it and i had coverage I would switch.

I feel no allegiance to a carrier... why would I? That seems like a weird concept to me.

22. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I like being able to use voice and data at the same time. :)

23. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Halleloo! Well said. I can't believe a thread was actually started for this useless rant. Sounds like he needs a couple of (real life) friends to talk this out with, or maybe go down to the liquor store and grab him/herself a decent bottle of vodka. I'm not sure posting about it on a forum is going to combat against his angst.

WITH THAT SAID...I love AT&T! I guess I'm VERY lucky to have great coverage in my city, a good discount through my employer, and 3G speeds that Verizon, nor Sprint, can't touch.

Oh, and as for that whole simultaneous voice and data thing, yeah I know wifi is all over the place these days but there are MANY other scenarios where people benefit from this. Not everyone's office has open wifi for their staff to take advantage of. Personally, I tend to send many picture messages while I'm talking on the phone. All the wifi in the world isn't going to push my picture through if my carrier doesn't allow it. How annoying would it be for me to have to hang up my phone call because I have to look at the MMS that just came in?! It's a great feature and no one can downplay it.