AT&T has taken baby steps with CS.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tcphoto, Nov 1, 2011.

1. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I will start by saying that I was a Cingular/AT&T customer from '99 to '07 but dropped them because of bad Customer Service. I dropped them and went to Verizon just because I wanted to make a point but came back only two years later for the iPhone 3G.

When I upgraded to the iPhone 4S, I was charged twice for the activation fee which irritated me so I called to see if they could adjust my bill. Without even asking, the CS rep took both charges off and was very pleasant. Let's hope that this is a trend and not the exception.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think over the years Verizon reps are a lot worst than AT&T reps.
    But again, there's good and bad employees on every company. If the person you're talking to sounds rude or unwilling to help hang up and call again to talk to someone else.

3. steph280 macrumors member

With the large number of subscribers, you will hear more about the good and bad. But usually only people will problems will complain on the forum, so most we hear are negative complaints.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I've been with them since '03 (switched from sprint) and they've been great for the most part. They didn't change my plan correctly when I got the 2G and were more than happy to take of $800 in data charges, have never had to pay an upgrade fee for a phone, got early upgrade pricing (and a free sim for my 2G in the interim) through them when my 4 was stolen last year for the replacement and generally seem attentive when I call them for anything. I know it's hit or miss with CS, but again, have been pretty happy so for with them.

5. neenja macrumors 6502

the rep is just a person. i hate that people base their judgement on an ENTIRE company based on experience with ONE person

----------

truth.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I had a similar experience with AT&T this time around as well. I left them a couple of years ago partly due to terrible customer service. This time they seem a little sharper. Their call routing system is still terrible, but if you get to the right person it seems you have a better chance of being taken care of.

So far I'm glad I'm back. Let's see how long this lasts...

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

As one person you cannont make a point with AT&T. Take 1000, or 10000 with you and they will listen.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    It's like a drop in a lake.
    They don't care if you leave.

9. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've never had issues with them. They've always been kind and helpful when I've called them (or at least they tried to be).