AT&T iPhone UNLIMITED data auto-recharging question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Apr 16, 2012.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

when AT&T try recharging your credit card for unlimited data , what happens if your credit card is expired or account info is wrong some how .. do they give you few days to fix your credit card info ? or do they just take away your unlimited plan ? i tried searching and didn't get the right answer

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

If your credit card expired it's probably best to call AT&T directly to deal with it, or update your info online.

3. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

This happened to me a few months back. My debit card expired and I was issued a new one with a new number.

You'll be notified via email that the charges couldn't be made and they'll ask you to re-submit the correct information. But, when you do that, you'll no longer see the "Unlimited" option when you go to renew.

When this happened to me, I called customer service within the hour (have all your info ready, including the iPad's "cellular number") and explained my situation, saying I had received an updated debit card with a new number, but didn't change all my information in time of the auto-renewal... and that the option for the unlimited plan was no longer available. The rep was more than happy to acknowledge that I was a legacy subscriber and put me back on the unlimited plan.

I hope this works out for you

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

my credit card is not expired ... i just updated my credit card .. but wanted to know answer to this question .. just in case my credit card company rejected the payment because they don't like the way i entered my address or some thing like that

----------

dont they give you crap like , this plan is no longer available etc ..

5. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

not when I called... the rep was like, "oh i see you were one of our original subscribers. we'll go ahead and get you right back on the unlimited plan."

6. robopath macrumors regular

I read on here somewhere that you have 3 days from the email that says it was rejected to get it updated.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

yaa that's what i want to know too, is there a grace period? .. some place i read its 7 days

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Are you referring to iPad or iPhone?

9. aa521490 macrumors regular

Same thing happened to me. iPad, btw. My bank issued a new card without me asking for one. I panicked when I got an email saying renewal was unsuccessful. Got hold of my new card. Put the new info in and fortunately the unlimited option was there. Lesson learned. Open any mail from your bank right away. Don't leave it on your desk and plan to open it a couple days later:p.

10. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

when was this ? i have never heard of any one getting option for unlimited after it was discontinued in 2010

11. aa521490 macrumors regular

I have the ATT unlimited iPad plan since its introduction.

12. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Best advice- keep your latest CC on file with AT&T.. Because once UNLIMITED LTE is gone... IT'S GONE!!!

13. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

yes that's a good idea, but i wanted to know this just in case