Carrier AT&T is a fraud

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
if your on the unlimited plus plan or choice plan stay where your at. Don’t switch to there “new cheaper plan” it’s not cheaper it goes down $10 a month then they charge you $30 access fee per phone instead of $20 like it was before. AT&T is a joke. Glad I stayed on my current plus plan.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Yes, that verifies what I read earlier, the only way this plan cost less than the one before is if you only have one line. which makes it $10 cheaper than before.

Anyone who has multiple lines loses on this vs the previous plan.

I believe that it is still slightly cheaper than Verizon's Unlimited plan, but I will leave it to others to verify that.

Reactions: Brandonjr36

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
if your on the unlimited plus plan or choice plan stay where your at. Don’t switch to there “new cheaper plan” it’s not cheaper it goes down $10 a month then they charge you $30 access fee per phone instead of $20 like it was before. AT&T is a joke. Glad I stayed on my current plus plan.
I am sure that it is all in the fine print. AT&T is not the only "slimy" carrier for sure!

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I am sure that it is all in the fine print. AT&T is not the only "slimy" carrier for sure!
Oh I agree there all like that. But I will say when I was with Verizon and they had 10gb hotspot per line they came out with a new plan that automatically gave us current users extra 5gb per line hotspot for no extra charge.
[doublepost=1519923011][/doublepost]
Yes, that verifies what I read earlier, the only way this plan cost less than the one before is if you only have one line. which makes it $10 cheaper than before.

Anyone who has multiple lines loses on this vs the previous plan.

I believe that it is still slightly cheaper than Verizon's Unlimited plan, but I will leave it to others to verify that.
I think verizon is still $20 per line but not sure.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Oh I agree there all like that. But I will say when I was with Verizon and they had 10gb hotspot per line they came out with a new plan that automatically gave us current users extra 5gb per line hotspot for no extra charge.
[doublepost=1519923011][/doublepost]
I think verizon is still $20 per line but not sure.
That is why everyone is free to pick the carrier they like. AT&T has been good for me the last 10-12 years. If I did leave them I would most likely go to Verizon as they also have great coverage.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2014
I'm on the original Unlimited plan that AT&T rolled out when they brought back the unlimited plans last year. It was grandfathered after a couple of weeks and doesn't include the hotspot. It also allowed corporate discounts, which dropped my monthly rate by $15. My total monthly bill for two lines, including taxes, is around $140. I don't care about the hotspot, so it's a no-brainer. Unless AT&T comes up with a really compelling offer, I'll stay on this plan.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I’m no fan of AT&T, but don’t blame them for someone not reading all terms and conditions.
I’m not blaming them for that. I’m blaming them for coming out with a plan and advertising it as cheaper when it’s really not.
[doublepost=1519923620][/doublepost]
I'm on the original Unlimited plan that AT&T rolled out when they brought back the unlimited plans last year. It was grandfathered after a couple of weeks and doesn't include the hotspot. It also allowed corporate discounts, which dropped my monthly rate by $15. My total monthly bill for two lines is around $140. I don't care about the hotspot, so it's a no-brainer. Unless AT&T comes up with a really compelling offer, I'll stay on this plan.
My only worry is. Will I still be able to add lines on my account for $20 each? And will they make me chance plans ever?

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

raqball

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2016
Unlimited plus vs unlimited plus enhanced.
I just compared them for the 2 lines on my account and my bill would go up $5 a month. The only added benefit I see with the enhanced plan is 5GB more a month (from 10 to 15) for hotspot..

I'll stay on Unlimited Plus.

Reactions: Brandonjr36

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I just compared them for the 2 lines on my account and my bill would go up $5 a month. The only added benefit I see with the enhanced plan is 5GB more a month (from 10 to 15) for hotspot..

I'll stay on Unlimited Plus.
Yeah I have 7 lines so my bill would go up $45 a month.

Darmok N Jalad

macrumors 68000
Sep 26, 2017
Tanagra
I’m no fan of AT&T, but don’t blame them for someone not reading all terms and conditions.
Well, they usually don’t make it easy to understand in the first place. Is it so hard to take your plan configuration and tell you what it will really cost you before agreeing to the terms? See T-Mobile, where it is very easy to understand. Last plan I selected from them 2 unlimited lines for $100. When my first bill came, it was $100. No fine print, extra fees, or paragraph reading required.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Well, they usually don’t make it easy to understand in the first place. Is it so hard to take your plan configuration and tell you what it will really cost you before agreeing to the terms? See T-Mobile, where it is very easy to understand. Last plan I selected from them 2 unlimited lines for $100. When my first bill came, it was $100. No fine print, extra fees, or paragraph reading required.
Yeah if an ordinary person did that they would be thrown in jail for a crime called hustling. But since AT&T is multi billion dollar company they can do whatever they want.

Reactions: Crow_Servo

artfossil

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I’m not blaming them for that. I’m blaming them for coming out with a plan and advertising it as cheaper when it’s really not.
[doublepost=1519923620][/doublepost]
My only worry is. Will I still be able to add lines on my account for $20 each? And will they make me chance plans ever?
And yet, all you have to do is ask ATT (via chat or phone) to compare your current plan with a new plan. They will go through every charge, in detail, so that you know with precision what you are paying for, and why, and whether you will save money (and how much) before you change plans.

I don’t understand your complaint.

Reactions: ssl0408

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
And yet, all you have to do is ask ATT (via chat or phone) to compare your current plan with a new plan. They will go through every charge, in detail, so that you know with precision what you are paying for, and why, and whether you will save money (and how much) before you change plans.

I don’t understand your complaint.
That is false as hell. They will tell you anything to charge you more. Hell my bill was suppose to be between $300-$320 every month it’s usually $420-$450. They just told me $300 to get me to sign up.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

sanandreas1234

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
I'm on the original Unlimited plan that AT&T rolled out when they brought back the unlimited plans last year. It was grandfathered after a couple of weeks and doesn't include the hotspot. It also allowed corporate discounts, which dropped my monthly rate by $15. My total monthly bill for two lines, including taxes, is around $140. I don't care about the hotspot, so it's a no-brainer. Unless AT&T comes up with a really compelling offer, I'll stay on this plan.
I’m on the same original unlimited plan too without the hotspot and get the corporate discount as well making it the best unlimited option for me. I don’t even use tethering so with the savings I get for 4 lines I will just hold onto the plan.

Reactions: AlphaGuitarist

BasicGreatGuy

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
OP,
In my opinion, you need to amend the thread title so that it is accurate.

AT&T is not a fraud. They are generating user and device based fees that are not liked by a lot of people. That it and of itself, does not equate to fraud.

Anyone who gives blinds verbal consent regarding changes to their account is either foolish or ignorant, in regards to the ramifications of such. Never sign or agree to any legal binding contract before reading it.

PBz

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2005
PVB, Florida
2 phones unlimited data with 10GB tethering.
2 iPads unlimited data.

I think our bill, all in, is $140

It would take a lot for me to leave TMO.

YodasMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
I agree, it is a bit of a bait and switch.

We have five lines. I went to change over to the new plan since it was being advertised as cheaper and saw that our bill would jump $100 because they no longer offer a $20 discount per line for being outside a contract.