AT&T just ****ed me.. iphone 4 delays

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bikr, Jun 21, 2010.

1. bikr macrumors newbie

So, I was excited to see some of the order statuses beginning to update to show shipped iPhones. I went online to check my status and still showing processing....

I called AT&T to ask them what the deal was, and if I was going to get my phone on time. (I was able to get my order in before the system went ape ****..)

I was told that I would probably be receiving my phone by July 5th.. I don't understand how that is even possible.. So now I'm considering canceling the order and taking my chances in line over night for launch..

****ing A, I can't stand how ill managed these launches are..

2. Pennyroyal macrumors member

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Probably could have posted this in the AT&T status thread, but just as well. When did you order?

4. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I will laugh so hard when your move instead causes you to have to wait even longer because all the orders they can fill are pre orders only and you lost your place in line.

I honestly never saw the point of getting a device the day it comes out.

5. dojoman macrumors 65816

OMG! Relax and be patience. You WILL get your phone eventually, after all it is a freaking phone. Just think about it, you gonna have to do this all over again next year. :D

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

It is done this way so that everyone will go crazy pay like crazy and it is just the way it goes with a HOT item.

Supply and Demand, and of course when you are dealing with something this crazy there are about to be issues, and I am sure you are not the only one having this trouble. Personally I don't blame just AT&T I think Apple is to share in the fault to, why make these releases go like this when you know there will be issues.

Crappy PR and Marketing if you ask me...:eek:

7. c5ride macrumors member

Please be sure that IF you cancell that order, you call ATT personally right after and have them revert your upgrade eligability back, or you will be screwed when you go to purchase it somewhere else.

c5

8. bikr thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried from 7:30 , finally got it through at 10:20.

The reps @ ATT have no idea what's going on, I love call centers..

9. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that, but it is understandable considering that AT&T or Apple didn't think the demand was going to be this high. I think it's a blessing is disguise that I'm waiting for a white one.

10. err404 macrumors 68020

I know it's disappointing, but don't cancel your order yet. Just try to pick one up on Thursday. If you do get lucky you have plenty of time to cancel your order before it ships. Otherwise you have your current order as a backup plan.

11. bikr thread starter macrumors newbie

If that was the case, I wouldn't have wasted the time to sit trying to preorder for hours..

:(

12. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I think I'd rather deal with the crazies at the Apple Store and camp out for 2 days than deal with this BS again next year LOL

13. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

What does your original email say? Mine says "Because of the incredible volume of orders we received, there is a slight chance that some customers may receive their devices between June 25 and June 28. Rest assured, we are doing all we can to ship devices to customers for delivery on the 24th. You do not need to take any action at this point."

My order status is still processing, but nothing is backordered. I ordered at the ATT store, pen and paper treatment!

14. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

Look: You were fortunate enough have the time, ability and patience to get your order in early in on the 15th. Now they are churning away at those orders and getting the shippers lined up and the accounts processed. If you don't have the sense enough to allow a little time for them to process your order and get the shipper assigned then you don't deserve an iPhone.

You really should cancel your order now so you can mess yourself up and keep yourself from getting that iPhone on Thursday. Then you really beat your ahead against the wall when the rest of us sitting in your position get ours delivered to our door on Thursday morning and you're spending the day at the Apple store only to be sent home empty handed. Maybe you'll get one in September then.

15. agoat macrumors regular

ditto, we both on the same ship.

16. c5ride macrumors member

That might create problems for him since he has an order in the system that has already used his upgrade. (If he got the $199for the 16G or $299 for the 32G)

They will probably make him pay the higher rate if he got it in a store. Just FYI, I could be wrong, but that is how my Apple order got cancelled, ATT did not revert my eligability back after I cancelled an ATT order.

17. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

just because you didn't get release date on the iphone 4 doesn't mean the pre-order process was ill managed. There are a ton of people in your boat and even getting theirs later (on the mid July shipment).

relax..its only a few days later then release and to cancel your guaranteed pre-order to gamble with getting one a few days earlier is just silly. :D

18. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Well I've learned my lesson.
    I'm never going to stay up all night and try and pre-order a product that is known to have such high demand. There is bound to be issues and snafu's. I'm gonna wait until the hysteria has quieted down so my order isn't FUBARed and the possibilty of a defective device isn't as real.

19. bikr thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine must have been before they changed the message to that, I have this:

"Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010. Orders will ship on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by email when your order ships. Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email."

20. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

Relax. They are still udpating statuses. And you can't wait 2 weeks?

I ordered mine at 6:30am on the 15gth and my status just changed at about 11:15.

21. pmz macrumors 68000

I can't believe people actually placed orders through AT&T. You'd have to be completely out of your mind.

On the 15th, before we even knew what was happening, I was telling people repeatedly, whatever you do DON'T order from AT&T, they cancel as many online orders as they fulfill, and will never offer you an explanation.

Due to the panic that ensued, people ignored rationale and ordered from AT&T anyway. Big mistake. I'll be surprised if 1/10 of AT&T online preorders get delivered on release.

Undoubtedly Apple has pulled the reigns in on their distribution inventory to fulfill all of their own preorders first.

22. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

hmm.. i hope I get my shipped email soon. I suggest try calling again to see if you get a different answer as the ATT reps don't know what they're talking about, or simply just be patient and hope that you get it on release date.

23. dojoman macrumors 65816

I gave up after finding out I would have to pay full price. Talk about patience...I have to wait until Dec to get mine.

24. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

I've not heard of AT&T cancelling orders that were placed online. You have some proof of this?

25. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

i'd be mad too. i'm so happy i bailed on AT&T and went with a reserve. i didn't trust them after seeing what was going on with the pre-orders. i needed to make sure to get it before july since i'm going away. my 3g is too slow, it's driving me nuts.