Carrier At&t Legacy Unlimited Data plan increase? Again?!

If At&t increases 5 dollars per old UDP are you going to switch?

• Yes

Votes: 38 51.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 48.6%

• Total voters

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I would guess they plan to eventually make the legacy plan cost the same amount as their current plan (that required direct tv). At $40 it's almost what it costs for for lines as their current offering (of course you also get ulimited minutes and texts with those).

Soulman

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
I enjoy being able to text while still talking with them and I get service in the basement of my job. I also am able to still get service at the tailgate, when varying others aren't.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Okay that's another negative, but honestly I paid for the first one before the subsidy existed and the past two iPhones I bought outright.
That's what pushed me over the edge and I left AT&T.
I had a 4 line family plan so that's about $1800 in device subsidies every 2 years that was instantly gone. I wouldn't mind the $5 or $10 price increase but once they stopped the subsidy model I was out quick :)

Reactions: cjgrif and blaine07

Charadis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
Grrr. I'm thinking I'll stick with them anyways, currently paying $76/mo after FAN. They're rly pushing it tho. At least it's not the same jump Verizon pulled on their legacy customers.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm just going to throw this out there... this is what a phone payment cost, unlimited data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited hotspot from Verizon runs me every month. Just upgraded to 7+ is why most recent bills are weird but the $231 is what it cost for the above... ON A SINGLE LINE

I see all you all posting about ~$80 bills... just know, it COULD be a LOT worse.

(I usually use 50-60gb of data a month to "get my monies worth" just for the record so one of the new data bucket models just wouldn't work for me... )

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'm just going to throw this out there... this is what a phone payment cost, unlimited data, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited hotspot from Verizon runs me every month. Just upgraded to 7+ is why most recent bills are weird but the $231 is what it cost for the above... ON A SINGLE LINE

I see all you all posting about ~$80 bills... just know, it COULD be a LOT worse.

(I usually use 50-60gb of data a month to "get my monies worth" just for the record so one of the new data bucket models just wouldn't work for me... )
That's crazy man.
Stop throwing your money to Verizon.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Another UDP increase, they really want people off UDP. I might leave them if that's the case and try out T-Mobile One.
T-Mobile one is actually a great plan right now with the new changes. It seems they're moving away from the net neutrality gray area of things, which I can totally get behind.
[doublepost=1483661286][/doublepost]

I don't mean this to sound rude, but I don't see how you're getting your money's worth. We have four lines, three of which include "lease payments" and pay about $190 a month. My son used 32 gigabytes streaming videos in the car last month, so believe me when I say we do use data. I actually considered canceling home internet and streaming everything through our phones. Wife didn't like the idea though lol.

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
My T-Mobile bill with taxes and fees is about $170 per month.

For 4 unlimited everything lines with 16gb each of tethering, and free international roaming.

Reactions: Applejuiced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.