Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thetaco25

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
My iPhone 5 says 4G even though I am in an LTE-covered area (NYC!!!)... so now what? Anyone else experiencing this?

davariable

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
My iPhone 5 says 4G even though I am in an LTE-covered area (NYC!!!)... so now what? Anyone else experiencing this?

My phone was behaving like yours, too, but I toggled the LTE switch in settings, and that fixed it. Did you try that?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010

You can only be sure if you have another phone next to yours and they're getting LTE and you're not. Then it's an issue.

----------

The map on AT&T's website shows strong LTE coverage.

Doesn't mean dick. AT&Ts maps are very hard to interpret. The shades of blue are so close, you can't tell whether it's 4G or LTE.

CH34P3T

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009

Try resetting the network settings. I didn't even have a 4G icon before that and now I have LTE.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut

Also in NYC (UES) and out of the box it only said 4G. I reset the network settings and allowed it to reboot. After it said no service for a minute, 4G came back, and a minute later LTE showed up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.