AT&T makes Apple loog bad again

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jketron, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jketron macrumors member

What is the deal with Apple and AT&T?

The Phone service sucks, the data connection sucks, we all complain about or at least a fair amount do.

Steve, diversify!!!! your single threaded ideas is what got you in trouble in the 80's.

2. gopherhockey macrumors regular

gopherhockey

looging really bad. AT&T sucks and their IT staff should be fired. Probably using Windows servers...

3. jketron thread starter macrumors member

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

The spelling on this thread is "looging" really bad as well.

Sorry, I'm cranky because I can't pre-order...

5. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

Apple is not free and clear here either, their site keeps going down even before you get to the at&t check. Also their app keeps crashing so the 'it just works' doesn't seem to be true today.

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I'm happy with AT&T. I've been with them for years and have great service. I logged into my AT&T account, ordered my iPhone 4 , and was done in about 10 minutes. Doesn't get any easier than that. If others can't get in, it's simply due to the crush of people all hitting the system at once.

It's no different than the Apple site. But then again, some of you have to have someone to blame, after all Apple is perfect... yeah right!.....:)

7. s0vereignT macrumors member

Anyone who was trying to order at about 6AM EST knows that apple is not free and clear. AT&T eligibility check was going quite quickly, but every time you would add to your cart... OOPS error. Go back to the store frontpage?... OOPS. Try to click anything else... OOPS. And you finally get through and... We'll be back soon!!

8. skyehill macrumors 6502

LOL at fanboys laying the blame solely on ATT. Who are you going to blame for the No White Phone At Launch fiasco? Perhaps the workers that killed themselves at Apple's sweatshop were the ones responsible for the white phones? So its their fault?

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

AT&T has tens of thousands of IT staff. Almost all of them have nothing to do with this. Shall they fire them too?

10. dagored macrumors 65816

I'm an Apple Fanboy and it is just not AT&T. I just left the Apple Store. They can directly order a phone from the store on line. We got one ordered and because I wanted another 16 GB instead of 32GB for my wife, we had to order them one at a time.

The 32 GB went thru at 9:45 this morning. One minute later forget it, we could not order the 16. Sorry try Again. No one in the store could order. Tried till 10:30.

We even tried the Apple store on line. No dice.

11. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

What did you expect to happen when hundreds of thousands if not millions attempting to pre-order the same device. I understand they should be better prepared by now but if you are SO pissed because you can't pre-order it right now you need to get your priorities in order.

12. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sounds like ATT is requiring their employees to post positive things about their employer!:eek:

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Or, y'know, maybe he really didn't have any problems.

14. mra1989 macrumors member

I don't know guys, I personally have been with AT&T since I was on my parents plan way back in high school. I've been with the iPhone on AT&T's plan since the 3G and to be perfectly honest, I can't complain about much at all. I mean yeah AT&T's rates are a little more expensive than some of their opponents, but not by much. Their service has always been excellent and I had a brief stint with T-mobile once upon a time which was a nightmare. Anyways, could it be possible that maybe as American consumers are concerned that we have gotten entirely too picky. Not taking shots at anyone, but it seems to me that people have found a ton of little gripes on AT&T and/or apple in recent memory. The iPhone is a groundbreaking piece of hardware. I have loved it, and the support behind it from AT&T. They let me upgrade everytime a new model comes out paying the new customer price. If I've ever had an issue it was resolved immediately. This may just be a personal observation and in other parts of the country the story could be the opposite. One last thing I'll put forward is apple has more or less given it's consumers just about everything they've asked for in a mobile device. I say be happy with what you have, if you can't find solidarity in the machine try a few others.

15. Willie5566 macrumors regular

I love these posts. People have been trying for hours to order their phones. Even before 6 am. Then you have people like this that claim they ordered theirs while sipping on their coffee and eating a biscotti. What a charmed life you have. Put another coat of paint on your white picket fence and enjoy playing with the family dog.

16. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Get out every once in a while. No disrespect but AT & T is no where near the service that Verizon is. I handle all of the phones for my work. I have had all of the carriers minus T-mobile (I did demo them though). AT & T service is one of the worst. All carriers drop calls but AT & T does not have 3 g coverage outside a major metropolitan area.

I am sure if you live in New York City AT & T is great. Try taking a drive sometime outside of the city and see what the coverage is like.

17. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

I might have to slightly disagree. I travel a lot do to my job and I go to a lot of remote places in the US from Texas to North Dakota and have never really had issues in remote areas. Do I get all my bars, no. Do I download as fast, no but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Does AT&T need to upgrade their network, YES I will agree with you there.

18. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Not talking bars...Bars can mean 3g or extended coverage.

Do you get 3g coverage all over North Dakota? I will bet dollars to pesos that you don't. Outside of 3g=good luck using internet and data.

19. mra1989 macrumors member

Wow killer ease up, for the record I don't live in New York City. I live in Virginia Beach. I've had my fair share of travels outside of the city, and as I've said before I have not had trouble with my service. Anyways, what your suggesting is I should get out every once and a while? I'm not sure where that came from, why should I switch my service provider if I've had no issues with them. In my area Verizon isn't exactly a contender in the mobile market, it's AT&T and sprint more or less. People run for the hills here after 3-6 months of verizon's service. If it isn't poor phone quality it's network failures.

20. quid squid macrumors regular

try on your PS3 "it only does everything"

21. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

Not as well no but I can still check my work emails and search the net (slowly) if need be.

FYI, North Dakota sucks!

22. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Not attacking you. I am attacking the argument that AT & T is comprable to Verizon. Yes, there are some exceptions.

Virginia Beach isn't exactly the hills of West Virginia either. I have heard coverage is very good for AT & T in Virginia. As said, there are exceptions.

You shouldn't switch you service provider. I certainly did not say you should. Hell, I left Verizon for AT & T knowing I was getting worse coverage. I am the last person to tell someone to leave At & T. I just do not like when people try to argue that AT & T is on the same level with Verizon. There is a noticeable difference.

23. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

lol, it was bothering me too

24. Willie5566 macrumors regular

Agreed. I feel like email is not affected much at all. I do not notice it.

No surprise on North Dakota. I bet it is beautiful though.

25. mra1989 macrumors member

Fair enough, I'm in no position to compare AT&T to any other company besides T-Mobile. Coverage wise I'm sure verizon is a fine provider.