AT&T MMS due today possibly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamerrorrrr, Jun 19, 2009.

1. iamerrorrrr macrumors member

iamerrorrrr

Just got done talking to a AT&T line tester and she said AT&T MAY just roll out the update today to suprize everyone. Let's see what happens.

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

And they are going to give us free tethering too!
    Riiight :rolleyes:

3. iamerrorrrr thread starter macrumors member

iamerrorrrr

Hahaha no I don't think that would happen anytime soon...

4. monksealpup macrumors regular

Lies. I've been told a few times by customer service reps to expect it "at the end of July" but I'm not even holding my breath for that.

5. iamerrorrrr thread starter macrumors member

iamerrorrrr

Hey I'm just going by what the lady told me, Dont shoot the messenger.

6. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I doubt it, but it would be kinda cool if the whole latter in the summer thing was just a trick by AT&T. If I was in charge I would do that Wahahahahaha Wahahahahaha :p

7. monksealpup macrumors regular

She wouldn't say it if it wasn't true™.

8. iamerrorrrr thread starter macrumors member

iamerrorrrr

9. JReynolds macrumors 6502

i called twice and asked. First rep told me it has nothing to do with them. she said they were waiting for Apple! "It's Apple's product they control everything, we're just taking the blame" :rolleyes:

second rep told me as early as today and possibly late summer... real helpful.

dont trust em' they are to far down the food chain to know anything!

10. SuperKat macrumors regular

What A Joke

Two major disappointments yesterday...
    3.0 installed and I still can't text pics.
    Sirius app made me upgrade to premium account and no Howard.
    Sad day for me. :(

11. ddiamond77 macrumors newbie

The no Howard thing just bites! Hopefully enough people complain directly to Howard about it, and he does something about it.

12. joro macrumors 68020

joro

It's true because it came from an AT&T rep...:rolleyes:

13. ddiamond77 macrumors newbie

It isn't an Apple issue at all. I have had MMS working since Beta 2. It took 3 calls to AT&T to find a CSR that was willing to try a few things with provisioning my account, but it works great. I've had it running for a month or 2 now.

14. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

thats the only reason i downloaded the sirius app. im a subscriber, and i can hear him from sirius website.. but not the app? thats stupid. now im going to delete the app out of spite

15. southfrisco macrumors member

Everyone knows AT&T reps are poorly trained and micromanaged just like other call centers. You will get a different story from anyone you get on the phone, it is just the way it is.

Could have also been the reps last day and that rep just wanted to screw with customers...:D

16. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Nope, it's not happening. Word was going around that they may try to get it out by today but an at&t spokesperson came out and said, "No way in hell." We're just going to have to wait on them.

17. dmelgar macrumors 68000

I was told free phones for everyone.... really...

18. DukeSucks macrumors newbie

hey neighbor :)

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

a rep was trying to explain what the reason was, and he said basically, AT&T had to "run codes" in there system...idk...hopefully sooner then later!

20. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Some of you have to go work supervising, as, for or around a customer support team. The ignorance is so high on this subject that it seems weird, given how many people used to have customer service jobs in this country (zing India).

Customer service reps know pretty much nothing except what they are issued on a memo or something. They will often speculate amongst themselves, but most of them know no more than any of us. A lot of times they will deflect, especially if they are getting beaten down in their job by morans who call them over and ask them about something that has already been publically announced. They get defensive and they start throwing up untrue statements to take the heat off themselves because they get tired of being berated by children who call up and get mad at them because they can't get mms on their phone right now.

You all know the official line on MMS. If it comes out sooner great. Why does anyone feel the need to pester customer service reps with stuff like this, though is beyond me. As once again they do not know anything. They will know with enough notice so they can do any kind of relative training needed to share this information. This could be days or it could be minutes.

The bottom line is stop calling customer service for stupid stuff like this, as you ruin it for the rest of us who actually might need to use customer service because we have an actual problem whose repair or fix is not common and public knowledge.

21. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Was there an article online about this? If so, can you post it? Thanks.

22. seanofthedead macrumors member

I read (on this board) that if you call a CSR at AT&T and asked, they'd enable it on your account. I called, and the CSR literally laughed at me and said, "No, we can't do that. You have to wait with everyone else."

Thanks guys

23. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/iphoneblog/2009/06/iphone-mms-in-the-us-via-att-imminent.html

The one rep I talked to told me it would void my warranty. I told her that it's obvious why Apple isn't happy with at&t at the moment.

24. seanofthedead macrumors member

Void your warranty? That's ridiculous. We aren't taking a knife to the phone. We're asking someone to give us the keys to a locked fence.

25. NightStorm macrumors 68000