Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Here's my Speedtest results:mad: It doesn't even let me change the server to one from MN. This sucks. Netflix won't even load (I don't watch netflix over 3g, but still...). Ok, I see that I don't have location services enabled. However, once I do, it won't even run the speed test; it just says "testing ping".

Is it possible, since I just switched my old sim and didn't activate the included sim, that that could be the problem? As far as calls, I have no problem.

Attachments

• photo(1).PNG
    photo(1).PNG
    91.6 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

wasII

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
Dead dead dead

Yeah - SEVERE speed issues started here in Central Ohio Monday night, in fact I personally believe things were starting to go wonky on Sunday... some rather strange things were happening (I rebooted the phone 4 times that day).

At the moment, service is incredibly spotty. One minute things are normal (fast, in fact), but the majority of the time every page you try to load hangs. For several minutes... then a server unavailable message.

Tried switching to EDGE from 3G, but same issues (plus it's EDGE - and SLLLOOOWWWW) so that's no help. The cell signal seems uneffected, though.

Talked to several people in the office and on Facebook, and everyone's having the same problem. Certainly would be nice if they fessed up and told us what the heck was going on. I can understand problems, but why deny/hide/make excuses?

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Yes, didn't see this thread and started another one. Serious data speed issues in SE Lower Michigan. ATT claims there is an outage. It's strange as my 4S is impacted but my daughters 4 is not having any issues. Maybe I don't need that genius bar appointment.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
I'm currently in the Cleveland/Northern Ohio area and my data connection has been spotty at best the past two days as well. Not sure what's going on but I'm glad it's not only me.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
The network problems have continued into today in Central Kentucky. Like the poster above, one minute it seems to work fine and then nothing. I haven't called AT&T yet, but if this continues through the day today, I'll have to.

It would be nice if AT&T would send a text or email out about what's going on.

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
The network problems have continued into today in Central Kentucky. Like the poster above, one minute it seems to work fine and then nothing. I haven't called AT&T yet, but if this continues through the day today, I'll have to.

It would be nice if AT&T would send a text or email out about what's going on.

ATT just told me it's widespread, from Minnesota to Maine. No ETA. I asked for a credit of my monthly data, he said call back once it's restored and they will pro-rate a credit for the days it was down.

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
Since yesterday 11/01, the service has been intermittent here in the Cincinnati metro area. I called AT&T, I was told that no outages had been reported, but the guy went ahead and issued a “network ticket” (whatever that means), I was also told to use AT&T’s Mark the Spot app to report network issues.

Hope they resolve this issue ASAP.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Probably has something to do with the LTE services they're expanding. Their first two LTE phones are coming out this Sunday.

zmulleni

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2010
As of 11:00am mine seems to be back up and running. Definitely seeing some good results too! Hope that is reflected upon all!

ee6b3529.jpg

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
I was just able to do a successful speedtest as well. 7.89 down and 1.34 up. Auburn Hills, MI

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Yeah, it seems things are better. My speedtest is for a iPhone 4 (not 4s).

Attachments

• IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    435.6 KB · Views: 36

TL24

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Well I just got done speaking to a AT&T Tech. Support Rep and she told me that there is an outage going on right now in Minnesota and it's has been reported to them. She also told me that they're looking into resolving the issue ASAP but that we may exeprience high latency or no connection at all during this time. I'm sure this is also impacting other AT&T users across the USA as well so if you're not from Minnesota or the Midwest then I'd suggest you call and find out for yourself.

So like we all already knew, there is an issue going on right now. But I'm hoping they get it resolved sooner than later.

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Lansing, MI -- still crawling slow.

d44f7eef.jpg

What does ATT consider the 95%? I remember them saying most people use under 200MB -- so, are they throttling us after we reach 200MB?

MacintoshJosh3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Central Ohio here as well and having serious issues, for the entire day yesterday anything data related was impossible. Today it seems useable although very slow and the speed test results show 2mbps slower than average at my home.

Hopefully this gets tucked away shortly.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
ATT just told me it's widespread, from Minnesota to Maine. No ETA. I asked for a credit of my monthly data, he said call back once it's restored and they will pro-rate a credit for the days it was down.

I called Sunday and the CSR said she never has seen anything as widespread as this issue. Was bad Sunday, gotten better since but still wacky. She said with issue this widespread she didn't know when it would be fixed. She said like 25% of the USA is affected.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
AT&T has been stellar here in CA. I just cannot say enough good things about the great service and coverage.

JustLeft

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
What kind of speeds do you guys in Central Ohio normally get? I don't think I've ever seen speeds as high as others have posted in Columbus.

I get on average 800 kbits to 2 mbits down and 58 kbits to 1.7 mbits up. Speeds in the Polaris area are bad. I think AT&T's coverage is insufficient for the number of people in the area. I travel frequently and get much faster speeds in other areas.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
What kind of speeds do you guys in Central Ohio normally get? I don't think I've ever seen speeds as high as others have posted in Columbus.

I normally get between 2-9 MBps on my 4S. Around my home in the eastern suburbs of Columbus, I get between 2-3MBps, just outside downtown (where I work) is usually 5 MBps in peak times of day, up to 9MBps in off peak times. In the actual downtown area, it's usually a little slower. Most areas I get at least 3. Upload speeds are generally in the 1-1.5Mbps range. I'm not up by Polaris very often, so JustLeft has apparently pinged a lower speed area. It definitely varies by area, but overall, AT&T in Columbus is excellent. 3G extends for a long while outside the city too, so I've never had many problems with 3G coverage. It's usually 40 miles or so outside the outerbelt before I encounter some Edge areas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.