AT&T Online Pre-Orders Status Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joro, Jun 17, 2009.

1. joro macrumors 68020

joro

In an attempt to help separate the different types of orders, I was wondering whether anyone has heard anything or had a status changed that ordered from AT&T online and it having shipped directly to their house?

2. joro thread starter macrumors 68020

joro

I ordered on June 9th, my status is still "in progress." :p

3. gsxr370 macrumors member

same here

4. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I keep saying it...

If you ordered from AT&T's website, you should have received a confirmation e-mail. Here is what it said for those who didn't read it:

Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19, 2009, if submitted by 12 p.m. noon C.T., June 17, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped. All pre-orders taken online are being handled on a first-come, first-served basis.​

That tells me they will ship them on Thursday and you will get the tracking number then.

5. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

I am still in progress.

From what I have been told ours are going to ship 5am Friday Morning.

Which I think is retarded.

6. RxMac macrumors 6502

Stuck in the suck....

Ordered June 9 7am Central, shipped to home address.... Changed to backordered on 6/15.... Not premiere... Was told it would ship late thursday afternoon, overnight, depending on location some will get it June 19.

Attached Files:

7. joro thread starter macrumors 68020

joro

Anyone know what the FDE in carrier stands for? Mine’s in progress but it has a blank for the carrier.:confused:

8. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

My guess. FDE Stands for FederalExpress.

9. joro thread starter macrumors 68020

joro

Is AT&T shipping FedEx? I prefer FedEx much, much more than UPS plus my business has accounts with FedEx so I know the driver.

10. gsxr370 macrumors member

i would prefer ups. UPS usually gets to my house before 10. Fed ex is always after 3. If its next day it might be there early

11. chattermark macrumors member

12. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I said it was a guess. FDE under "Carrier"...makes sense to me.

I too prefer FedEx. I can keep my general boycott of all things union going.

13. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

You what is shipping with UPS? ATT order? Instore or Online?

This thread is specifically for online ATT orders. :)

14. alm99 macrumors 6502

ditto

15. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

16. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

17. Sweetsorrow macrumors newbie

online ordered 16gb black 3gs on 11th and is still "in progress"

but i just checked my deleted emails a minute ago and found that i accidentally deleted a second email from ATT that states

"Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Your iPhone 3G S, pre-order xxxxxxxxxxx is being processed and will be shipped overnight to arrive as early as June 19, 2009. If you ordered other items, they may have shipped separately."

Received this initially on Saturday June 13th

18. trssho macrumors 6502

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't we get a straight answer from ATT????????

Friday delivery. No we mean Friday it gets shipped, and if you live next door to the hub, you will get it Friday. That's not what we meant........ what? there is a new iPhone?????? No one told us! Oh gee sir, you should have just gone to best buy, as they take pre-orders, and will have plenty in stock, or ordered from Apple, since they have their **** together, and we don't know what a 3G S is!

Attached Files:

19. EmptyWallet macrumors regular

Yeah, but most of the people in there are instore orders.

This is specifically for people like me and you that are in progress and ordered online for shipping to your house.

We're all screwed. :)

20. joro thread starter macrumors 68020

joro

I think the thing that is most frustrating with AT&T is their lack of updates and stupidity of their representatives. I don’t think any of us would be stressing out right now if the stupid order page said “ships tomorrow for delivery on the 19th” nor would we be stressing if we didn’t get a different answer every time we called and spoke to AT&T.

21. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

If you got a confimation e-mail, you DID get a straight answer from AT&T. Why are all you people letting your blood pressure go up like this? AT&T said they are shipping it overnight so it arrives as early as Friday. That means there is NO REASON for them to give you shipping information before they actually ship it. If they did, all you would see are threads of people complaining their package hasn't left the factory yet.

If they ship it priority overnight tomorrow, then you will get the tracking number tomorrow.

22. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

I ordered on the 9th and it is still in progress:confused:

23. joro thread starter macrumors 68020

joro

I got this e-mail as well on the same day you did – the 13th. I think it was a lame attempt to get you to purchase other items from AT&T.

24. dagomike macrumors 65816

It's probably in Texas. Where my in-store order was before it was shipped to be at the store Thursday. My guess is all these home delivery phones will be moving tonight/early Thursday for Friday, just like mine last night/this morning.