AT&T Premier Automated System Keeps Hanging Up On Me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Oct 10, 2011.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I placed an order at 7am EST on the 7th but when I check the order status of my Premier iPhone 4S preorder it shows "Attention!". I tried calling Premier support but their automated system has continuously hung up on me since yesterday! When I try to call normal AT&T support, they say they can't locate my order and that I need to contact premier support. This is beyond frustrating and I'm pretty convinced I won't be getting my device on the 14th. Anyone else having similar issues and any way to figure out what's going on?

2. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

BTW the error message I get from the automated system before it hangs up on me:

"I'm sorry, we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try your call again later."

3. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Keep trying. I have Attention! status, which has been there for days and I am trying to get it resolved.

Call 1-866-499-8008 and press for order status. Enter your order number and if there is a problem, it will give you the option to transfer to support. If it says that technical difficulties message, try again. Took me 3 times before it actually rang and put me in a queue with hold music.

4. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you! What was your issue that caused the "Attention!" tag?

5. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

Hopefully I will find out when I talk to someone. My guess is that when I did get my order confirmation email, it showed a really old address for the shipping. It didn't match my billing address.

Has been a 25 minute wait time so far. All these people calling and freaking out about backorder and in progress status are hogging the resources for those of us with actual issues! ;)

6. xxtra macrumors member

I am getting the same attention message on my white 16g iphone. but if you read the top of the page, the attention is referring to the iphone is not yet available for shipping.

Anyone has their order shipped from At&t premier yet?

7. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Finally got through to premier and what a bunch of dimwits they are. They basically had NO clue why it says "attention" and said once the order is processed, I will get a confirmation email. I was even transferred to a supervisor who was just as clueless and had no answers.

8. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If Premier has not processed it yet . . . well it does not look good for the 14th.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yeah, the Premier Rep I spoke to on Friday pointed me to the regular consumer site to order. It looks like that was good advice....

10. hellomms macrumors regular

Just tried called that number above and I got the following response after entering the Order ID:

"Your order has been processed and will be shipped shortly".

I ordered late Friday evening through Premier

11. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

So the priority of shipping is when it was processed and not when the order was placed? If so, that sucks for me! Why would they have not processed the orders in the same order that they were received!?

12. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

two separate orders on my account. both ordered on friday. one says it was ordered on saturday, the other says it was ordered on sunday!

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

I spoke the Premier last friday.

It took 10 calls, and 2 hours. On one call I was actually connected to another customer.

The rep told me that this happens to all pre-orders until the product arrives for fulfillment, and to not worry.

That's all I can do at this point.

I did order a 50% off case with it so it may be that this order cannot be shipped direct from China...hence the wait for the product to hit AT&Ts warehouse.

14. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

This will 100% be the last time I ever pre-order anything using AT&T. What a disaster!

----------

Does your order have the "attention!" tag on it?

15. ZipZap macrumors 601

This happened when the 4 was launched. Its AT&T reprioritizing orders for delivery.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You guys need to stop calling and bothering them.
    Your phone will not ship any faster if you keep calling customer support.
    They will go out in the order they were received.
    If you ordered too late then it might take longer to receive if they run out of stock. Either way you will get the latest info by using the order status page instead of calling AT&T.

17. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Oh please, stop making so much sense. I WANT MY PHONE NOW!!!

[​IMG]

(I was wondering where I could use my angry baby face.... :D )

18. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Unfortunately this is not the case. I ordered at 7 am EST on Friday and my order still has not been processed and I had the "attention!" sign on my order status page. I called to see what the story was and the automated system said there was an issue and I had to speak to a representative. While other people (some of whom ordered later) have had their orders processed, many of us who ordered through premier are having issues. I doubt they will be received on the 14th but hopefully I'm wrong.

19. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Attention probably means they need more information from you, like validating identity, credit check, etc. Same thing happened to me, but I got an email from them asking me to call them. That delayed my order into Saturday, so I may or may not get it, but at least it is processing now.

I would recommend calling to get that Attention Flag resolved, otherwise the order will not be processed. If you get it cleared it may process your order now, meaning your phone will not be here on the 14th, but at least you'll get in on the next batch.

20. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

I called them and after waiting on hold for almost an hour they said they can't see why there is an attention! flag and said everything is fine. I wasn't convinced so I asked to speak to a supervisor who said the same thing. I'm pretty positive the people who work there are just clueless and I'm not banking on getting my 4S anytime soon. This will be the last time I order through premier.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe something wrong with your payment.
    Your bank didnt let the payment go thru or the shipping/billing adress didnt match etc...

22. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought the same. I used an Amex card with no limit which I've NEVER had an issue with before. Premier also didn't let you change the shipping address so it HAD to be the same as the billing address. Pretty sure AT&T Premier is just clueless. Unfortunately for me.

23. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They are like most AT&T reps, worthless. :D
    But if you talked to a supervisor and he also said your order is ok then I'd hold off a few more days and call again if the attention sign is still there.

24. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Unless you have the "Attention!" mark on your order.

Otherwise, let 'em be. :D

25. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

BTW- this is what shows on my order status page.

Attached Files:

• at&t.png
      at&t.png
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views: