AT&T Premier Orders Backordered/Not Backordered Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by withe011, Jun 19, 2010.

?

Premier Backorder Status Poll

1. Backorder = 0 / called premier and got "processing order, complete in next business day"

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Backorder = 0 / called premier and got "order is processed and will ship shortly"

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Backorder = 1 / called premier and got "processing order, complete in next business day"

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Backorder = 1 / called premier and got "order is processed and will ship shortly"

61 vote(s)
    81.3%
  1. withe011 macrumors regular

This is a poll that may help with the backorder = 1 or 0 question. Call 1-866-499-8008, enter your order number and listen for your status. I'm thinking, perhaps, that everyone with the backorder = 1 on the regular AT&T site may have the status of "your order is processed and will ship shortly." We'll see.

2. withe011 thread starter macrumors regular

Well that just killed my theory. :)

Edit: Maybe not just yet.

3. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Backorder = 1 / called premier and got "order is processed and will ship shortly"

Is what I'm getting ;)

4. withe011 thread starter macrumors regular

Same here. I ordered at 4:30a CST, so here's hoping we'll get it on day one. :)

5. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

Backorder = 1 / called premier and got "order is processed and will ship shortly"

Ordered at 3am PST on the 15th.

6. kiet macrumors newbie

Ordered around 1:30 AM PST on the 15th

7. withe011 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, this is making me feel a lot better about the backordered =1 in everyone's status. However, it very well may not mean anything. ;)

8. pogiboi macrumors regular

Ordered 4:27AM CST

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

10. withe011 thread starter macrumors regular

You're probably right. I was just going to see if there was a pattern. But, we are dealing with AT&T here. I really wish I was able to stay with Verizon AND get the iPhone 4. Right now, the phone's pros seem to outweigh the AT&T cons. We shall see after I've been on their network for 6 months. :)

11. daver.cl macrumors member

When I call Premier, I get "your order has been completed"

hmm.

12. twitchtwice macrumors member

i would hpe that premier members get first dibs but probably not.

13. JaYrUs macrumors member

Backorder = 1

"Your order is processed and will ship shortly."

14. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Backorder = 1 / called premier and got "order is processed and will ship shortly."

Ordered on premier on 6/15/10 @ 2:43 pm EDT.

15. BrandonJay21 macrumors member

When I call premier, and put my number in it always goes to connect me to someone instead of just saying my order status... am I doing something wrong?? I would rather just get the status than wait 20 minutes for someone to guess how my order is. ;)

Currently premier says Processing, and normal ATT site says In progress, backordered.

I placed my order to the premier site on the 15th at 1218pm ET, so I THINK I got it in before the cutoff for the 24th... so we'll just see...

16. LARQ1 macrumors member

What???

The message said that I was ATT's One Millionth' IPhone 4 Customer and that I will be getting a FREE :apple: IPhone Ear Phone and a 15 yr contract with ATT :D WOWWWW !!....

17. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Unfortunately can't answer this as there's no "AT&T's going to screw me on my order for a ridiculous technicality that they could easily fix but just won't" option.

18. jomoeng macrumors newbie

I am having same issue. Every time I enter the order number it tries to transfer me to a customer service person (who of course is off today). Premier currenty says processing for me. I can't figure out how to look up on ATT because I am new customer and none of the numbers I enter work.

19. withe011 thread starter macrumors regular

I've called enough that I believe you press 2 3 1 and then your order number.

20. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I was having the same problem so I called back and instead of entering my order number I checked using my cell phone number, it then worked and said processed and will ship shortly

I hope that helps

21. jomoeng macrumors newbie

I am a new customer. So not sure how I could look it up using a phone number. But I am glad to hear you are having good results with similar situation.

22. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

AT&T Doesn't know anything either

Do you wanna really know whats more than likely happened?

The premier orders were keyed into the system the next day, and are behind EVERY SINGLE REGULAR ORDER that was submitted by non-premier customers on the 15th. Thats exactly why pretty much all of us submitted our orders on the 15th, and on the original ATT site it says our orders came in on the 16th. There aren't checking every single premier order and figuring out who ordered when.

They probably just divided out the premier orders and have grunt employees process them into the main system on the 16th, so don't worry what time you ordered on the 15th, because it more than likely doesn't matter. With our luck, we are going to get screwed and be put on the back burner until the original orders get shipped, and thats all because we get discounts and ATT hates losing $$$$. That, or ATT just doesn't really care when we get our phones. I'm going to guess that both are true.

And I know a lot of you called premier and had reps tell you that you're going to receive your phone on the 24th as long as you preordered on the 15th. I got the same speech from a rep myself, but I've got a bad feeling that that whole speech is protocol to get us off the phone so they can get back to more pressing matters.

23. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Can't happen, no chance. The order text on the premier site said phones would be shipped on the 23rd. Also phone messages for almost everyone on premier say the order will ship shortly. Unless AT&T are the biggest liars on Earth then the situation you described won't happen.

24. The510Kid macrumors member

To clarify, your "bad feeling" should be considered more reliable than sales reps. Dont get me wrong, i know the ATT sales reps suck but you have not provided one reason to distrust them over your gut in this instance.

Secondly, your reasoning that because we get discounts we have lower priority is flawed. Premier customers get discounts because they have big enough bills that the discount is offset by the large amount of money we are already paying. I know I personally have 16 lines via premier, believe me, they will do anything to keep me on their good side. The discount im getting is their way of enticing me to stay with them and not jump ship. Keeping premier customers happy is probably ATT's highest priority

25. cmoski macrumors member

As of now, I'm getting "The items you have purchased are on backorder, check back [blah blah blah]"

Anyone else getting this? I was one of the first to order..

Also, backorder = 1 on my status on AT&T order status, and AT&T Premier indicates 'processing.'

Hmm..