AT&T Preorder not showing in Order Status!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mechanesthesia, Jun 16, 2010.

1. mechanesthesia macrumors member

I ordered this on the 15th at about 5:30am, a little over an hour after it was released. I printed out the confirmation page and I have the confirmation page. Nothing shows up in my orders, and when I type to search my order using my phone number or order number, nothing comes up.

Has this happened to anyone else?
    I have to call them when they open!

Also, I don't have a confirmation e-mail, because it's a different account owner with a different e-mail.

2. geko29 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat. The only proof I have that I actually placed the order is the printout of the final screen showing the confirmation number. No order status by confirmation number, primary mobile number, or either of the mobile numbers I upgraded.

I did call my CC company, and they said there's a pending charge from AT&T yesterday morning. No amount yet, but they said that's not unusual. So I *THINK* I have an order. But when I still had no other proof nearly 12 hours after placing the order, I went ahead and reserved two at a local Apple store. If AT&T ever acknowledges that I bought from then, I'll cancel the holds, but I want to make sure I get phones on launch day, because I already sold my 3GS and my wife's 3G.

3. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

Same here. I ordered two phones and it has not shown up in the order status section. I managed to get through to the estore help desk and talked to a human being (after a 45 minute hold). She was able to pull up my order via my confirmation number.

She told me the phone would be shipping off on the 24th. This despite the email showing that it would arrive on the 24th. I'm not at all confident that ATT has their crap together on this. My guess is that the order has not been processed yet, despite the fact I had put it in on 6:45AM. I could very easily see being pushed back into the July group, which would piss me off to no end.

4. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

I can see the order status in my account but still have not gotten an email from ATT at all.

5. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

It took over 20 hours for me to see mine - I ordered at 8AM EST yesterday. I can see order status and my card has been charged. Took awhile though.

6. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

yup! ordered mine at around 3 yesterday, went to bed at 1am with no confirmation e-mail or order status. but it's up now! sooo happy.

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Mine says I ordered today, but at least my order went through. :)

8. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Same deal, order date is today. But the back-order flag disappeared now. I dunno - have no clue man.

9. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

OK, so now I know why.
    My credit card didn't go through even though the order was completed!
    I actually got a suspicion about this because a few hours after my order my credit card company sent an e-mail saying something about "possible fraud" and I called them and told them it was ME ordering the iPhone, and they said OK.
    They also said it shouldn't affect my order, BS!
    I called the department that handles orders for AT&T and they just tried charging my card again and it went through!

10. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

Who did you call - I can't get a hold of anyone

11. raven77 macrumors member

Yes PLEASE let me know who u talked to!
    This is the EXACT same thing tat happened to me!
    I preordered at 4am and my credit card didn't go through because they thought it was fraud! WTF??
    I called AT&T yesterday and they said nothing they can do.
    :(
    please help!

12. COBRASVT macrumors regular

I was worried like hell too. No email, no cc charged and my order status was showing the iPhone from last year.

This morning, it's in there under order status. Along with the old iPhone order from last year still. LOL! But thank goodness it's there.

13. ReallyOldGuy macrumors regular

ReallyOldGuy

Mine also shows ordered today (really about 3 pm yesterday) using order status with phone number search.. Still no confirmation email.

14. theclueless macrumors member

i ordered yesterday around 11am central time, got email confirmation right away, but the order status didnt show up on the att site and the CC was not charged until 2am this morning, and the showed: Date Ordered: 06/16/10

since att claimed anyone ordered after 4pm of 6/15 will not get the phone on launch date, wonder what will happened

15. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Call AT&T, imo

Some here have said that when they called, their order was not on their system thus it didnt go through

Others (like me) never got an email or anything but it was in their system

16. GooGleit15 macrumors member

called up att to locate both orders i places yesterday at 0530 est and they can only find one. The one order states that its back-ordered but the rep said its just bc the phone isn't out yet and I should get it the 24th. The other order they have no record of it and they even charged me for it, but i do have a confirmation email from ATT premiers website.

17. raven77 macrumors member

I got bad news for u dude.
    That is exactly what happened to me!!
    The reason is because when I placed the second order at that hour my CC company thought it was fraud and blocked the second purchase.
    Do u have a chase CC?
    I called AT&T and they said nothing they can do.
    So now my GF is getting a new phone and not me.
    :(

18. hippo206 macrumors 6502

19. raven77 macrumors member

why?
    Wasn't really AT&T's fault.

20. GooGleit15 macrumors member

Just spoke to ATT premier rep, he told me my order is in there system and is just awaiting a verification process by att personal...

He also said orders will not be shipped till the 24th...

Nope no chase CC, i used a wachovia debt card

21. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I finally have an Order Status, and mine too is showing that the order date is today. Why did I even bother with AT&T? Oh well, one extra day won't kill me.

22. mechanesthesia thread starter macrumors member

SORRY GUYS!!!!
    [I'm still trying to figure out how to find my posts on this forum]

here is the number:
    1800-331-0500

You input your order number, then it will say something [for me it said a recording "there was a problem with your credit card"] then I was on hold for about 8 minutes
    MIND YOU, I called on 8:00am when they opened ON THE DOT and I still had to wait on hold! O_O

23. Press22 macrumors 6502

Press22

This was the problem with mine to until this morning.
    But it does say that I ordered today... :confused:
    Does that effect the delivery date?