AT&T Rep Reports All Pre-Orders will be Shipped on 14th

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NacSquared, Oct 9, 2011.

1. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

Hey guys, I know a lot of threads have been made about this, but it seems like people are very uneasy about what they're to believe.

I became curious myself, so I called AT&T. The rep I talked to said as of now, every single pre-order is to be shipped on the 14th still. There are no pre-orders on back order, yet.

Now, she said they're being shipped on the 14th, which means it may not be on your doorstep on the 14th. She said it all depends on how long it takes to go through UPS and to get to your house. So, based on your location, you might get it Friday or a day or two after.

I also asked about last years early delivery for some customers and she said she has heard no word about that. She knew what I was talking about, but said they haven't been told about any early shipments.

Once again, I know tons of threads are just like this, I just wanted to let the uneasy people know what I heard.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

My AT&T order status no longer says backordered.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

you guys should feel lucky, i ordered with a CSR rep friday morning 9 am PST. i have not gotten my email nor can i check my status. if i do not get my phone friday, i will NEVER order with ATT again. through this order process, you can see why people hate ATT CSR and love apples customer service.

things are updated, people are knowledgable, and nice.

ATT just tries to BS you over the phone and its terrible.

5. macrat macrumors regular

6. fender57 macrumors 6502

I ordered early at 1:45am on launch day. I went through AT&T because Apple's page kept choking. I received an e-mail that said it would be delivered by the 14th. I looked online at my credit card statement and it had the $1 hold from AT&T.

I checked my status today and it said there was a hold by the credit card company, so I called AT&T, and sure enough, my credit card wouldn't go through because they were blocking it. So, I used another credit card and it went through. I received an e-mail that said my order has been processed, sent to the warehouse for shipment, and cannot be canceled. However, when I check the status online, it says QTY Ordered as "1", and QTY Backordered as "1".

So, will I be receiving it on the 14th or not? The AT&T rep said "it should" be delivered on the 14th but that wasn't a real warm and fuzzy.

7. macrat macrumors regular

8. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

My friend said he got off the phone with AT&T and they said it'd ship within 24 hours, that was earlier today. I thought he was confused when he told me this but didn't want to make anything of it. I'll ask him again tonight after reading this.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

On or around October 13th. October 20th is around October 13th... :p

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

11. Captain America macrumors 6502

Where does it say that?

I've seen AT&T's site say "Pre-ordered devices will ship on or around Thursday, Oct. 13, 2011." but no clue as to when I'll get mine, which is in preorder status on AT&T Premier.

12. 2010RS macrumors 6502

People still actually believe what AT&T reps tell them? Really? :confused:

13. sullez macrumors 6502

Thank you for your purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to be delivered on Oct 14, 2011.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I think he was correcting the OP title...

15. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I was thinking the same thing. It's like asking an apple employee about an unreleased product, they have no clue.

16. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

We need a sticky telling people not to post info the get from reps....

17. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Bingo.

18. Khadgar macrumors member

I had exactly the same problem and ordered my phone on AT&T's website for the exact same reasons you did. They put a $1 hold on my card then when they went to charge the card the full amount it rejected the charge. I called AT&T, and the rep over the phone went over my credit card information with me and submitted the exact info I put in on the form online again. It went through that time. Mine's saying backordered. I'm hoping it's just saying backordered because they're not going to be shipped for a few days and not backordered to be shipped after the 14th because of a mistake on AT&T's end, not mine. To add insult to injury I'm on a plan with 4 other phones, each number's having an email address associated with it, and each bill's being able to be paid separately. They've emailed confirmations -- including the one which notified me of the credit card rejection -- to another person on the plan and won't email me these confirmations for "security reasons". She's literally forwarding me my emails because AT&T's ate up with the dumbass.

The main problem I have is that they've now charged my card for something that hasn't even shipped and won't even provide an answer to me when my phone will arrive. I wouldn't have stayed up to order the phone if I wouldn't get it on the 14th as a week's time is an acceptable time to have $300+ floating around in limbo. I would have just waited until the madness ended and leisurly walked into an Apple Store and bought the phone there.

19. NacSquared thread starter macrumors regular

NacSquared

Yes, they will be sent out on the 14th. This doesn't mean you will receive it on the 14th.

No. Not delivered. That's the exact point in this thread, that your phone may not be delivered on the 14th. The rep said, all iPhones will be shipped out, that does not mean it will be delivered to you. It means they will start the process of getting it to you. It may get delivered on the 15th or 16th.

No, not necessarily. I was just letting people know what I was told.

----------

This is what I'd love to see. My pre-order page doesn't say that, sadly. :(

20. sullez macrumors 6502

My confirmation email reads "delivered on october 14th"

21. rkahl macrumors 65816

FedEx usually doesn't ship on the weekends (15th/16th) for Apple products. If you don't get it on Friday, Monday will be the earliest.

22. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered from ATT at 12:45A.M. PST when att just opened pre-orders. I just checked status online and it no longer says back ordered. It says "Pending Shipment" now.

23. fender57 macrumors 6502

Mine too. That was before the credit card business though.

Oh well, I'd just like to know when it ships so I can be home. Would like it on the 14th but it ain't gonna be a big deal to me.

24. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

stop acting like what one rep told you is gospel. you made this thread but we are correcting you. I could call att 10 times talk to 10 different reps and get 10 different answers. Dont listen to reps. ever.

25. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Preparing for Shipment
    Not eligible to cancel or return