Carrier AT&T Stores Off-Contract Retail Price Glitch, Savings of $110!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulyeo, Oct 20, 2013.

1. paulyeo, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013

paulyeo macrumors member

Yesterday, found a space gray iPhone 5s 64GB at my local AT&T Store via online in-store availability at their website.

When I was checking out, I was expecting to pay the full retail (device only, off contract) of $850 and no sales tax since I'm located in Portland. The guy helping me tells me it's $740. I ask him if this is the retail price and he tells me that there is a glitch in AT&T systems for all 5s off contract, device only prices. The guy was super friendly, I added the AppleCare+ and helped him get that commission! :cool:

Might be just Oregon, but worth giving a shot if you're buying the iPhone 5s off-contract! Plenty of space gray and silver models at most AT&T stores.

Good luck!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Interesting. At a loss to AT&T but a gain to customers all over who they have successfully gouged for years. :)

3. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

ATT Rep here, not a glitch. All phones ring out at NEXT pricing. We are supposed to mark up the cost of the phone when someone buys at full retail.

4. paulyeo thread starter macrumors member

I already bought two at full retail and it still shows at $540 (16gb) and $740 (64gb). Guess two of my local stores don't care. :D

5. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

Sorry for the gravedig, but is anybody aware if this is still occurring and possible?

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

It is not grave digging, that would be a thread older than a year. Anyways, back on topic, I believe there are some people here reporting success with AT&T Next pricing scheme.