• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

paulyeo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
Yesterday, found a space gray iPhone 5s 64GB at my local AT&T Store via online in-store availability at their website.

When I was checking out, I was expecting to pay the full retail (device only, off contract) of $850 and no sales tax since I'm located in Portland. The guy helping me tells me it's $740. I ask him if this is the retail price and he tells me that there is a glitch in AT&T systems for all 5s off contract, device only prices. The guy was super friendly, I added the AppleCare+ and helped him get that commission! :cool:

Might be just Oregon, but worth giving a shot if you're buying the iPhone 5s off-contract! Plenty of space gray and silver models at most AT&T stores.

Good luck!

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Interesting. At a loss to AT&T but a gain to customers all over who they have successfully gouged for years. :)

Comment

monkey28rb

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
Yesterday, found a space gray iPhone 5s 64GB at my local AT&T Store via online in-store availability at their website.

When I was checking out, I was expecting to pay the full retail (device only, off contract) of $850 and no sales tax since I'm located in Portland. The guy helping me tells me it's $740. I ask him if this is the retail price and he tells me that there is a glitch in AT&T systems for all 5s off contract, device only prices. The guy was super friendly, I added the AppleCare+ and helped him get that commission! :cool:

Might be just Oregon, but worth giving a shot if you're buying the iPhone 5s off-contract! Plenty of space gray and silver models at most AT&T stores.

Good luck!

ATT Rep here, not a glitch. All phones ring out at NEXT pricing. We are supposed to mark up the cost of the phone when someone buys at full retail.

Comment

paulyeo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2013
ATT Rep here, not a glitch. All phones ring out at NEXT pricing. We are supposed to mark up the cost of the phone when someone buys at full retail.

I already bought two at full retail and it still shows at $540 (16gb) and $740 (64gb). Guess two of my local stores don't care. :D

Comment

teamjaycub

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Sorry for the gravedig, but is anybody aware if this is still occurring and possible?

Comment

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It is not grave digging, that would be a thread older than a year. Anyways, back on topic, I believe there are some people here reporting success with AT&T Next pricing scheme.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.