Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Been a customer since Cingular then AT&T and the iPhone in 2007 w/ an unlimited data plan, never tethered or once went over 3 GB/mo. Starting in October AT&T began throttling my account. I have a 917 (NYC area) mobile, but travel a lot for work (spend half my time bet NYC and the west coast). This began when I was an AAPL corp employee as well. Spent many hours in AT&T stores and on the phone with "Data Reps" and they all stated the same rhetoric… until one went off cue and mentioned this was a "Data Monitoring Program for Unlimited Users." She stumbled and tried to backtrack. That was rich.

Off-topic re: area/market:
I finally gave in and switched to a tiered 3 GB mo plan. Still was getting throttled and now I'm being forced to enter "captcha's" to verify my account when googling/yahoo'ing in Safari. Now in S.F. for work, I went into an AT&T corp. store and the rep was dismayed (this happened in Boston in January and was already documented, the store rep told me to phone AT&T to remove it). The rep in S.F. on Sunday could not get AT&T to remove it from my account even though I have not been an unlimited data user for two months.

I'm tethering the ****** out of my plan and hope they'll terminate my service and VZW has a better LTE network which will be great when the new iPhone LTE is released, they do not throttle customers for the remainder of their billing cycle (only when the tower is less congested and your 3G/4G speed is back), plus they're at least upfront about screwing you lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

rosemary1

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2011
I got warned for the first time ever this month, right about 2GB. I'm at about 2.5GB now with 2 days left in my billing cycle and I haven't noticed any throttling.

Monterey, CA

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
You use "we" you mean you and two other dudes don't like what I say?

Also, what argument was I having with anyone? I simply stated open opinions, which you choose to beef with. I dont care abotu arguing on a message board, I just type what my head thinks. You're all sorts of lost bro.

Back? Been posting here for years! Some people have jobs, where we work and do things and cant troll a message board all day, so yeah, us real world people got stuff to do, can't comment every minute every day kiddo! Just because you dont like my opinion, doesn't mean I can't voice. Sorry to hurt your feelings sweety. There's actaully a nifty button allowing you to ignore me, you should click it. However you seem to love what I post since you stalk every post I write, stop being stalker-ish, my ol' lady will get jealous!

Also your potato salad line is weak, if you're going to be funny, then at least bring the funny, everyone can appreciate good humor, that was just sad...so try something else, this time actually be funny. I encourage it

Furthermore, you never reply in context to what i post topic wise, you just make general comments trying to attack, where's the debate in that? I have better debates with my 13 year old nephew.

The "context" of your messages are irrelevant now. They have already been directly addressed in previous posts. Since you are no longer adding new information to the conversation it is not necessary for us to repeatedly answer your old, tired points. If you are simply going to repeat, as you have been doing on this throttling issue, than simply post a link to your first post on the issue. You have offered nothing new since that time.

As far as your other observations.

1. I do not STALK your posts. I just did a search of all your posts. You are all over this board, I have only addressed a few of your posts on the throttling issue. You stated that I stalk "every post I write". You have left 1,414 posts here. I think I have responded to maybe 5 of them. Your comment on stalking was inflammatory, misleading and intentionally inaccurate. That is childish.

2. You are not having an argument with anyone. You are an antagonist. You comment on this issue with the intent to provoke and enflame others. That is childish.

3. Everyone has the right to voice their opinion, sweety, but you are trying to provoke. No one is trying to silence your voice. We have asked you to contribute new information or opinions or insight into the issue. You choose to repeat the same thing over and over again, but doing it in a meaner or more sarcastic and caustic way each time. This is childish.

4. I'm so sorry you didn't find my joke funny. I thought it was pretty good. But as we can see in the above points you are quite childish. Maybe it will seem funnier when you grow up emotionally. This probably explains why you have such great debates with your 13 year old cousin; you are basically the same age emotionally.

And tell your ol' lady not to worry. I am not stalking you. he has nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

illini1

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
You mean like all those other companie who don't want profit? I didnt realize AT&T wasn't interested in making money, and should be providing services free....who'd have thought, a company out to make money, shocking!:eek:

I have no problems with AT&T making money. That being said, it's BS that they are throttling customers who signed up for unlimited data before this new policy was announced. If they want to throttle customers who signed up after the policy change, that's fine, but the old unlimited plans should be exempt. I have an unlimited texting plan that's no longer available. Why haven't they made change that part of my contract?

Raftysworld

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
Why are you back? We told you that your tired rants and defense of AT&T was now well documented, unwanted, and unnecessary. You have added nothing NEW to the conversation in weeks. Please go away or bring something new.

Your comments are like week old potato salad: bland, unappealing, taking up needed space, and starting to smell a little.

Agreed. But ignore him and he starts to get bored. You'll also notice that he tends to only post during his AT&T-sanctioned lunch breaks.

Brett0712

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
I have an iPhone 4S but was grandfathered in on the unlimited plan and have used 4937.3mb(I was so surprised when I saw my usage as I have no idea what I use it on) of unlimited and today is the last day of my billing cycle. I haven't heard a peep from AT&T and my SpeedTest speeds are the same as they have always been, crappy, but the same.

I'm located in Hartford, CT.

Blackbeard909

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
I'm currently at 12.3 gigabytes with 7 days left, iPhone 3GS with no notification from att, although my data speeds are only at .26mb/s located riverside ca

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I'm currently at 12.3 gigabytes with 7 days left, iPhone 3GS with no notification from att, although my data speeds are only at .26mb/s located riverside ca

How did you find this thread? It's 9 months old!

My wife uses less than 1GB out of Unlimited

Right now, I can't see how much I use, it won't come up.

JohnnyComeLatly

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
How did you find this thread? It's 9 months old!

My wife uses less than 1GB out of Unlimited

Right now, I can't see how much I use, it won't come up.

He's one of those RARE, and endangered species of computer users who understands that there is a "Search" function built into most web portals. It's really magical. You pick keywords, type them in and then spend the infinitely long, agonizing, slow-as-the-hills, 10-15 seconds to look through the results. Please treat him kindly as these species are easily spooked and may not return if frightened too much.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Being throttled on LTE isn't bad. The throttled speeds on my iPhone 5 are .50 Mbps up and down with very low pings of 50-70.

Blackbeard909

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
He's one of those RARE, and endangered species of computer users who understands that there is a "Search" function built into most web portals. It's really magical. You pick keywords, type them in and then spend the infinitely long, agonizing, slow-as-the-hills, 10-15 seconds to look through the results. Please treat him kindly as these species are easily spooked and may not return if frightened too much.

Thanks! Ialthough I'm new to this forum I'm not new to the vbulletin format of communities. I can't imagine being on a limited data plan, I pull extra shifts on weekends doing security and only use my phone 6 days a month to stream netflix and YouTube and I always average around 10-14 gigs. I've been smart enough to buy my phones second hand and since I worked for att for 5 years I know not too let anyone even pull up my account. Cst service and sales rep are payed commission based on features. So simply delegating mine and updating it would net someone a chunk of change. I refuse to take that chance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.