AT&T Tilt

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SDAVE, Oct 3, 2007.

1. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

2. silbeej macrumors 6502a

Nice, I have been wanting to switch to AT&T from verizon for a while since verizon always gets shafted with phones, (aka they all suck), and i want an iPhone, but this might be there as well. Just not sure how reliable ATT is going to be.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Not at all. :D

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

As I'm sure you know, it greatly depends on where you live. In my area, we have both awesome Verizon and AT&T coverage. I haven't noticed a difference between the two since switching from Verizon.

5. LizKat macrumors 68030

LizKat

I want to see how it goes when they complete Dobson merger. Cell One has territory north of here and sometimes there's drifty signal around here for them. So if ATT is truthtelling about intent to improve rural service, maybe soon my iPhone and I will not be living in a dead zone! :) :)

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Or very well!

Depends on where you live

Also AT&T/ T Mobile was an agreement, where I can use T Mobile network, if the AT&T network is weak some where...so ask yourself, do people w/ T Mobile/AT&T get good service?

Clearly the phones are better on GSM...

7. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

The phone's out for business customers today! I will be buying it today.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Has anyone held one? Is it solid, and does it "feel" bulky? It's fairly good looking.... Does it have TouchFLO?

9. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

I have the HTC TyTn, which is the model before this. It's solid and very bulky. I'm about to sell my HTC TyTn and wouldn't touch another Windows Mobile smartphone again (had a Treo since they came out and made the switch earlier this year).

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I think the design looks like of cheap, or maybe it's just the Windows logo.

11. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I ordered it yesterday, and it already shipped. Should be getting it by tuesday!

I will be using GPS alot with TomTom, so that's a plus. Already got a 4GB microSD card on order, so it's all good.

And no, this phone looks nice, not cheap.

It's not always about looks for me, but functionality. Please don't even compare the iPhone to this device...because this device kills the iPhone in terms of functionality. Look wise, the iPhone wins of course.

12. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Let us know how much you like it after a month. I felt like that about the HTC TyTn before I bought it and used it for a month. Became a Jack of All Trades, Master of None device for me.

13. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I was shocked when I read that it could hold up to 32GB via microSD :eek:

Come on 32GB iPhone :p

14. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I had the 8525 for well over 9 months (It is the TyTn but in the AT&T form factor) and the device was a bit bulky but it was an amazing device for me. I did so much on it, stream radio, get online at 3G speeds, tether via a laptop, slingbox it, whatever else you can think of. It was sweet. I sold it and waited for the kaiser and now it's out. Can't wait!

I don't really care about Windows Mobile that much, I use alot of 3rd party applications so...it is much more open than OSX under the iPhone.

Yeah :)
    6GB microSDHC cards are out already, but I opted for 4GB, which is enough for me anyways. I'm putting the TomTom navigation maps on it, so I will have 3GB left in the end for movies and other random stuff.

Have you seen a microSD card? Those things are tiny. As big as a pinky nail! Crazy that they can hold upto 32GB...

15. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yep, I used a 1GB in my BlackBerry 8100 for a year. A few months after I bought the 1GB, the 2GB came out for the same price as the 1GB :(

16. SDAVE thread starter macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Just got the phone today, it's badazz!

It looks really sleek when you hold it in your hands. Has a shiny black finish, and ruberized back. I like it much more than the 8525.

One caveat I have is I bought a screen protector and I accidently dropped it and I put it on the Tilt and now there's a bunch of dust underneath :\

Oh well.

17. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope. It's a hell of a lot better :D

19. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Why do you say that?

Prof. :apple:

20. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

MMS
    IM
    Replaceable battery
    GPS
    Expandable storage
    Support for 3rd party apps
    3G
    Real keyboard (tactile feedback FTW!)
    Tethering, OBEX, A2DP over Bluetooth
    More importantly, it can be unlocked (without any warranty voiding firmware hacks). You can bypass AT&T alltogether and get an unbranded version which isn't locked to begin with.

Say what you want about Microsoft, but Windows Mobile is one of the few things they've done right. I have an HTC Windows Mobile Pocket PC and it kicks ass. It can do everything the iPhone can and then some.

21. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Looks ok, no need to compare to iPhone... but Windows mobile is the deal killer, IMO ;)

22. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

Don't forget: It takes a good 3 seconds to switch from program to program. I had the Sprint version of the tytn which I got rid of because of the sluggishness.

23. garybUK Guest

garybUK

Don't forget: The TyTN II (This thing) has double the amount of RAM as the tytn .... 128mb compared to 64mb ;-)

24. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Don't forget: it's ugly as hell too. I'll take the iPhone any day over that thing. Most of the extras this has over the iPhone are things I don't care about anyway...

25. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Yeah unlocked ones are going for $800 shipped. That's 2 brand new 8GB iPhones..