Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Well played AT&T, after forcing your millions of customers and joined data shared plan. They can make this service dirt cheap and make money from data usage. Evil company doing the usual thing. Bravo!

Perhaps you missed the part of the article that said that they won't charge any data usage for AT&T cell subscribers.
And that kind of sinks your whole evil-company tangent... :confused:
[doublepost=1478539837][/doublepost]
I apologize if I took this somewhat off-topic. In response to the actual thread (and not other responses) I would have to agree that the DirecTV-as-a-streaming-service sounds attractive based solely on the press release. However, it remains to be seen what actual limitations there are so I'm adopting a "I'll believe it when I see it" attitude as to whether or not this is really a game-changer.

I was very optimistic when Apple was rumored to be working on something. And that fell by the wayside, and we heard that they couldn't work out agreements with all the content companies.
So when i hear about this or any other service, like you i won't believe anything until i see it. Especially when the are saying it will come "later this year" or whatever. That obviously means they haven't finalized any deals yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.